... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners

9,7 million people played the Overwatch beta

So there have been a LOT of players giving the game a go

By comparison:

SW Battlefront had 9.6 million people playing the beta
    the Division had 6.4 million

This is quite a significant number, even beating super hyped games like SW Battlefront.

EDIT: The average number of hours played during the open beta per player is 8 hours.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2016-05-12 at 10:29 PM.

I regret buying Battlefront and probably should have done the Origin Refund, but I thought fer sure i'd enjoy it.........that thing just sits in my Origin library mocking me :P

Quote Originally Posted by McLovenIt View Post
    I regret buying Battlefront and probably should have done the Origin Refund, but I thought fer sure i'd enjoy it.........that thing just sits in my Origin library mocking me :P
    That's hardline for me. Thankfully I saw Battlefront being a stinker in time to not buy it

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't surprise me, just the fact that it's Blizzard doing a shooter was probably enough to get lots of curiosity tests.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact, EA wants to annualize Starwars games made me grumble. EA, can you like not follow Activision. Ty
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    That's hardline for me. Thankfully I saw Battlefront being a stinker in time to not buy it
    Oh I got my refund on that crap within like 2 hours of playing lol -- that game is just awful

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    I saw Battlefront and Hardline being stinkers. GO ME!

I bought Overwatch though, so here's hoping.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Deleted
    I wasnt one of them because i cherish my time.

Veteran gamers like me know it is a volatile title, rushed content for the sake of content and makes for a poor twitch experience.

Will suffer the same fate as Losers of the Storm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post

Veteran gamers like me know it is a volatile title, rushed content for the sake of content and makes for a poor twitch experience.

I'm a "veteran gamer" and loved it, so there goes that theory I guess. +10 points for the needless jab though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved how lighthearted it was. I found myself jumping for a brawl match or two while I was waiting on other stuff. The casual appeal of it was nice.

going off topic, but Heroes of the Storm seemed like a complete rip-off from League of Legends.......which is so much better of a game. lol

going off topic, but Heroes of the Storm seemed like a complete rip-off from League of Legends.......which is so much better of a game. lol
    Yes it has nothing to do with this thread.

Deleted
    Yeah and League of Legends seemed like a complete rip-off from DotA........which is so much better of a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knew it would be a hit the day it was announced and especially after seeing how the game worked, looked and all the characters and personalities. Overwatch is going to be extremely popular. Bought Origins edition and played the shit out of both stress tests and open beta, been noting strats and tricks for each character and the game in general. Fun times ahead! I really, really hope they continue to add in a steady stream of new characters, skins and maps and invest heavily in a good anti-cheat system. If they do that, this game will blow up, guaranteed.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Knew it would be a hit the day it was announced and especially after seeing how the game worked, looked and all the characters and personalities. Overwatch is going to be extremely popular. Bought Origins edition and played the shit out of both stress tests and open beta, been noting strats and tricks for each character and the game in general. Fun times ahead! I really, really hope they continue to add in a steady stream of new characters, skins and maps and invest heavily in a good anti-cheat system. If they do that, this game will blow up, guaranteed.
    They've got a report system at launch for cheaters, so there ya go.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Yeah and League of Legends seemed like a complete rip-off from DotA........which is so much better of a game.
    and Dota was a ripoff of WC3 custom game dota.......which is so much better of a game

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    and Dota was a ripoff of WC3 custom game dota.......which is so much better of a game
    That's the Dota they were referring to. Dota 2 came after League, so League couldn't have ripped it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    And WC3 DOTA was a rip-off of Aeon of Strife, a Starcraft 1 custom map....which is so much better of a game.

Incredible, considering I've yet to meet a person on the Internet who hasn't played it.

Deleted
    Well logical, there were like 40 million beta signups as well, not to mention blizzard has like what? over half a billion bnet accounts by now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post

Twitch experience is irrelevant when broadcasters are going to start airing gaming competitions themselves.