Thread: Gtx 1080

Page 31 of 103 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Most review sites use actual games to compare gpus. They also mention these types of benchmarks, but only briefly before diving into 10 or so current games.
    So this just comes down to your opinion about synthetic benches, well then I'm not going to change your mind. Guess we'll agree to disagree here, I'm not wasting anymore time on this. I believe synthetic benches have their place in gpu testing.
    Last edited by Bigvizz; 2016-05-13 at 10:16 AM.

@Zeara Vcardz werent the ones who benched the OCed 1080, they just posted it

keep doubting Nvidia

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    @Zeara Vcardz werent the ones who benched the OCed 1080, they just posted it

keep doubting Nvidia
    You can even see the 'stock' clocks in the 3Dmark screens. But ok, be ignorant, believe anything you see without thinking for yourself.

I'd rather take a minute and think about the graphs I see. Doesn't matter if they are from Nvidia, AMD or Intel.

I dont need to "think" about a 3D mark result screenshot (besides comparing it to other cards results)

unless Im into conspiracy theories

Deleted
    Because doubting a pre-release leak benchmark means I am automaticaly thinking there is a conspiracy going on...

Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    Will be an insane jump from my GTX 680!!!
    That's way newer than a GTX 9800+, right? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Oftenwrongsoong View Post
    There's a difference between something coming out to replace your stuff, and something coming out to make your stuff obsolete (which is what just happened). Never, ever, buy a top-tier video card when the next-gen GPU is less than 6 months out.

The new graphics standards the 1070/1080 will create for AAA PC games is going to be insane.
    What do you if your top of the line card just died and the next gen card is 5 months out and nothing else to use? Just let the box sit? Go buy a 20 buck replacement?

1733 Boost clock .. as I said

and the 2100 Mhz benches had 20-25% over stock

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    I think it is a fake.
    But it's positive for nVidia, it can't possibly be fake!!! Only negative things about nVidia are fake. AMD is the opposite, any positive rumors are fake and any negative rumors are true. Didn't you know this?

/sarcasm off

yes its soooo unbelievable that a ~2100 Mhz 1080 can have such results in 3Dmark

just impossibru

yes it is a benchmark which is very relevant since it isnt dependant on drivers/patches/brands like all games are

1080 stock has 1730+
    Benchmarks are not dependent on drivers/patches? Wow, you really are dumb. You think that benchmark software is not patched, and in some cases, patched in a way to make a particular brand of video card look good and another look bad? You also think these benchmark softwares talk directly to the GPU itself and do not have to go through the driver the way ANYTHING that wants to talk to the video card does? You also do not think that they are not capable of working with the benchmark softwares and tweaking their drivers so something looks better than it should? Ok.

- - - Updated - - -

yes its soooo unbelievable that a ~2100 Mhz 1080 can have such results in 3Dmark

just impossibru
    Not saying it's impossible, just not taking it for fact yet either. Gotta wait until the cards are actually out and some real testing is done. It's interesting, but not set in stone. Besides, as has been said, both nVidia and AMD have been known to cheat on synthetic benchmarks before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Only if you didn't care about performance until the last 6 months of the GPUs lives... For everyone else they won a small victory at the end that was fairly irrelevant.
    The last 6 months of their lives? Yeah, because people will not still be using them for the next 2-4 years. Ok, makes sense.

I did admit though, it's not that great of a win, but it is there. The much more important part is it shows that AMD is getting their shit together and that leaves higher hopes for the next gen.

Deleted
    1733 Boost clock .. as I said

and the 2100 Mhz benches had 20-25% over stock
    Because Nvidia cards never ever exceed their rated boost clocks....

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    But it's positive for nVidia, it can't possibly be fake!!! Only negative things about nVidia are fake. AMD is the opposite, any positive rumors are fake and any negative rumors are true. Didn't you know this?

/sarcasm off
    I know right...

You got to wonder if the guy does not get paid by Nvidia or something...

a stock card wont exceed anything ...

and Nvidia "pays" me by making amazing cards for so many years

Yes, yes it will, that's like saying a stock i5-6500 will only run at 3.2 HHz and not Turbo up to 3.6 GHz. These things have a base clock, and a turbo clock. A stock card will certainly exceed to base clock, up to the turbo clock.

Deleted
    You really need to stop spouting nonsense...

From [H]:

ASUS GTX 980 Ti MATRIX Platinum - 1216MHz Base/1317MHz Boost/1431MHz In-Game Frequency/7.2GHz memory
    MSI GTX 980 Ti LIGHTNING – 1203MHz Base/1304MHz Boost/1404MHz In-Game Frequency/7.1GHz memory
    With the boost tech from Nvidia, the cards will exceed their stock boost clock speed if allowed by temp and voltage... That's why even stock cards 'overclock' during gaming. Which is of course something you can turn of, but who does that. WHich was also not done in those linked 3Dmark scores... The stock 1080 ran between 1860 - 1886..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post

/sarcasm off
    Lol, I remember when bulldozer was benchmarked before NDA-lift and a loyal brigade said they were fake, not final cpu microcode etc.

What's annoying is that once the 1080 is released and we have the real performance numbers for sure, AMD will have revealed their new cards, but it is likely going to be at the stage where we only have the PR numbers of those. Oh well, at least we get to see them at around the same time.

Either I missed the sarcasm or you are an idiot.
    Nvidia makes their cards so amazinglylyly that they come with built in planned obsolescence. Only the best from Nvidia.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Lol, I remember when bulldozer was benchmarked before NDA-lift and a loyal brigade said they were fake, not final cpu microcode etc.

What's annoying is that once the 1080 is released and we have the real performance numbers for sure, AMD will have revealed their new cards, but it is likely going to be at the stage where we only have the PR numbers of those. Oh well, at least we get to see them at around the same time.
    Yeah, both sides can have fake stuff, positive and negative. It's common sense really.

As for AMD, I am seriously hoping that when they make their announcement at Macau, they will be lifting NDA on board partners and we'll get some real info at Computex. That's my current theory, that they have a strong NDA on everything right now, that's why all anyone can say is, "No information." I mean seriously, they showed us working silicone 6 months ago, so they almost have to have something by now. We'll know more at the end of the month almost for sure and if not, then we will at Computex.

AMD fans so rude

With the boost tech from Nvidia, the cards will exceed their stock boost clock speed if allowed by temp and voltage... That's why even stock cards 'overclock' during gaming. Which is of course something you can turn of, but who does that. WHich was also not done in those linked 3Dmark scores... The stock 1080 ran between 1860 - 1886..
    yes genius and the boost clock of stock/reference 1080 is 1733 as STATED by BOTH the official site AND the leaked GPU-Z screen

have a nice day

Only the best from Nvidia.
    finally you said something correct
    Last edited by Life-Binder; 2016-05-13 at 02:09 PM.