Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    A vegan can't eat like everyone else. Just searching on dangers of a vegan diet shows that if just switching to just a plant diet, you will be deficient in vitamin b-12, zinc, iron, calcium, and vitamin-D. A balanced diet doesn't have those concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by talwynn View Post
    A vegan can't eat like everyone else. Just searching on dangers of a vegan diet shows that if just switching to just a plant diet, you will be deficient in vitamin b-12, zinc, iron, calcium, and vitamin-D. A balanced diet doesn't have those concerns.
    OMG.....

Again, pay attention......

Eating just fucking plants like a cow is not what vegans do.

They eat everything from burgers to pizza to cake to donuts, etc. all you do is switch real meat and dairy for faux meat and plant based "dairy".

Before you speak on a subject know something about it.

This is but one of MANY companies that make faux products. https://gardein.com/products/

There is a good lot of those you couldn't tell the difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh look......

Meat needs B12 supplements too.......
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2016-05-12 at 11:25 PM.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    It's not as simple as 'lol stop eating meat'
    True.. You have to stop using leather/skin too.. Stop drinking milk and eat cheese.. Stop using feathers/downs in your pillows/duvets. Stop eating winegums (gelatine from pigs) and liqorice (horse blood). Stop using live vaccines (good luck on that).
    Basically, you have to stop using any and all animal products, not only as food but also for other purposes..

Try being a vegitarian first... If you don't recover from your brain damage, then you can upgrade to vegan..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2016-05-13 at 07:21 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

As someone who's made a million dollars off of vegans so far, here's what you do:

Stop eating meat, eggs, and dairy products.
    Take a multi-vitamin every day.
    Because you have cut out some of the most calorie-dense parts of your diet out, up your portion size or you'll feel like shit for several months.

10+ Year Old Account
    isn't the answer to the thread question as simple as "stop eating animal products" ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    As someone who's made a million dollars off of vegans so far, here's what you do:

Because you have cut out some of the most calorie-dense parts of your diet out, up your portion size or you'll feel like shit for several months.
    If you wanna talk calories, you wouldn't need any meat at all.

Highest calorie count in foods... Oils and Fats.

Soybean Oil, Peanut Oil, Canola Oil, Olive Oil, Palm Oil, Sesame Oil, Cocoa Butter, Sunflower Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Walnut Oil, Almond Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Hazelnut Oil, Avocado Oil, Safflower Oil & Flaxseed Oil (124), Coconut Oil
    Doesn't sound very animal like to me.

If you wanna address certain protein however, then you might be onto something.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

You could make vegan days. Once a week is vegan day. This way you can slowly become vegan, and not be overwhelmed with all the meal changes.
    X

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    isn't the answer to the thread question as simple as "stop eating animal products" ?

- - - Updated - - -

If you wanna talk calories, you wouldn't need any meat at all.

Highest calorie count in foods... Oils and Fats.

Soybean Oil, Peanut Oil, Canola Oil, Olive Oil, Palm Oil, Sesame Oil, Cocoa Butter, Sunflower Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Walnut Oil, Almond Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Hazelnut Oil, Avocado Oil, Safflower Oil & Flaxseed Oil (124), Coconut Oil

If you wanna address certain protein however, then you might be onto something.
    Fats come in all shapes and sizes. Lard and beef fat are significant sources of calories in meat, but none of this is what I'm really talking about. Non-vegans tend to eat meat and dairy en masse. And whether meat and dairy are the most source of calories in the diet is irrelevant: they are more calorie-dense than vegetables and fruit and most vegan replacement products. So if someone goes from an omnivore diet to a vegan diet without increasing their portion size to compensate for those lost calories, they will generally feel more sluggish and tire more quickly than someone who eats more to compensate. This will go on until their body adjusts to the (sometimes greatly) decreased caloric intake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    So many mentioned, and you forgot the most used oil: Rapeseed (no, not grapeseed) oil...
    Thistle oil is also lacking from the list..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    True.. You have to stop using leather/skin too.. Stop drinking milk and eat cheese.. Stop using feathers/downs in your pillows/duvets. Stop eating winegums (gelatine from pigs) and liqorice (horse blood). Stop using live vaccines (good luck on that).
    Basically, you have to stop using any and all animal products, not only as food but also for other purposes..

Try being a vegitarian first... If you don't recover from your brain damage, then you can upgrade to vegan..
    That's not true, while there are some vegans who rather die than use medicine, the vegan society and PETA actually say not to stop taking your doctor's prescriptions. Removing all animal products entirely is impossible. You'll never find medication that isn't tested on animals, there's animal products in cars, tires, plastic grocery bags, bike tires, sometimes even wood work. Even if you don't have a car or a bike, you'd still have to take public transportation, which uses those things, making you use them too automatically.

A lot of plants are only able to grow because of the bee's pollination, made available by paid commercial bee keepers. Vegtables/fruits/nuts, like almonds, zucchini, apples, and a whole lot more. Leaving vegans with little to nothing to eat.

By writing the whole prescription drugs thing, I realised that live vaccine isn't what you were talking about exactly.
    Although most people becoming vegan already had theirs, and most vegans are also against having kids.

Males are getting snipped voluntarily quite often.
    Which also means anesthesia, which is probably also tested on animals, and would make them not vegan anymore. According to some people.

I spotted the vegan
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Eat fruit and vegetables.

How am I saving animals if all I eat are eggs and dairy for my proteins? They don't cut the chickens open to get the eggs not do they split open the cow for the milk. If I buy free ranged products then you can throw the animals sit in tight cages out the door argument.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    I spotted the vegan
    You didn't even play the game right, you can at least try by saying " I'm eating bacon while reading this" In order to get a vegan agitated.

If you really care about animals then have a diet that can be supported by local produce, whatever that entails.

Shipping some plants thousands of miles across the world to support your arbitrary dietary requirements is far more harmful to the animals of the world than eating whatever can be farmed near where you live.

So many mentioned, and you forgot the most used oil: Rapeseed (no, not grapeseed) oil...
    Canola oil is rapeseed oil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rapeseed oil is listed.. Canola Oil

Fats come in all shapes and sizes. Lard and beef fat are significant sources of calories in meat, but none of this is what I'm really talking about. Non-vegans tend to eat meat and dairy en masse. And whether meat and dairy are the most source of calories in the diet is irrelevant: they are more calorie-dense than vegetables and fruit and most vegan replacement products. So if someone goes from an omnivore diet to a vegan diet without increasing their portion size to compensate for those lost calories, they will generally feel more sluggish and tire more quickly than someone who eats more to compensate. This will go on until their body adjusts to the (sometimes greatly) decreased caloric intake.
    You still didn't understand the point, right?

Meat is actually way down the rank of the high calories delivering foods.
    (but way up on the list of protein delivering foods)
    Let me show you the differences

Oils/Fats
    Calories 100g Per cup (205g) Per tablespoon (13g)
    902 calories 1849 calories 117 calories

Meats - Beef brisket cooked:
    Calories 100g Per piece (314g) Per 3oz (85g)
    358 calories 1124 calories 304 calories

Btw. I'm an omnivore. I eat everything I like. Meat, Dairy, Fruits, Veggies.
    What matters is the nutrients per say. Micro nutrients especially in most efficient ways. That's what you need to look at for.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2016-05-13 at 12:21 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

You don't need to take a multi vitamin anymore than a meat eater does.

Once again, eating vegan doesn't mean you graze on grass like a goat.

I eat everything you do just substitute meat and dairy for faux meat and dairy.

Why do people choose to be ignorant then spout off, I'll never know.

- - - Updated - - -

The ideal is "do the least amount of harm possible".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    How am I saving animals if all I eat are eggs and dairy for my proteins? They don't cut the chickens open to get the eggs not do they split open the cow for the milk. If I buy free ranged products then you can throw the animals sit in tight cages out the door argument.
    The dairy, in many ways is worse than the meat industry.

First of all, the chickens are kept in horrible conditions. They are debeaked and either spend their entire lives on the equivalent space of a sheet of paper. Or they are out of the cage and kept in a such cramped and overpacked conditions that they actually go insane and start eating each other. They let some of the eggs hatch, males are useless to them so they are tossed into a combine alive.

Cows only carry milk when towards the end of their pregnancy and for a bit after birth. To get milk, cows have to kept in a constant cycle of pregnancy and giving birth. Like chickens, the males are useless so they are sent as calves to become veal. They are kept in purposely dark and stimulus free stalls that are so small they can't move. The more movement, the less tender the meat after all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    If you really care about animals then have a diet that can be supported by local produce, whatever that entails.

Shipping some plants thousands of miles across the world to support your arbitrary dietary requirements is far more harmful to the animals of the world than eating whatever can be farmed near where you live.

That's happy horseshit.

http://science.time.com/2011/07/26/h...bon-footprint/

Many of the EWG’s findings are pretty eye-opening — like some revealing facts about beef, which produces twice the emissions of pork, four times as much as chicken, and 13 times that of vegetable protein such as beans, lentils, and tofu. That’s especially alarming since we waste so much meat — ultimately throwing away about 20% of what we produce — meaning that all that carbon was generated for nothing.

The USDA’s related findings about emissions related to milk and cheese came from a study it conducted of a single commercial dairy with 10,000 milk cows in southern Idaho. The facility is home to 20 open-lot pens, two milking parlors, a hospital barn, a maternity barn, a manure solid separator, a 25-acre wastewater storage pond, and a 25-acre compost yard. If you think that kind of operation can produce a lot of noxious discharge, you’re right. The investigators monitored a year’s worth of ammonia, carbon dioxide, methane, and nitrous oxide emissions and found that this one dairy gives off 3,575 pounds of ammonia, 33,092 pounds of methane, and 409 pounds of nitrous oxide per day. Now consider that there are 365 days in a year and tens of thousands of dairy farms in the U.S.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

That isn't a comparative study of shipping something across the world vs eating local produce, and you don't have to farm livestock if the local climate and soil can support something else.

Within the article you linked:

“Asking everyone to go vegetarian or vegan is not a realistic or attainable goal,” chef and television personality Mario Batali told EWG. “But we can focus on a more plant-based diet and support the farmers who raise their animals humanely and sustainably.”
    If you can live a vegetarian diet on local produce that's great. There are very few places in the world that can support a vegan diet without shipping food from abroad though. There are some places where the climate and soil just won't support a wide enough range of plants to sustain a human. They can sustain livestock though.

That isn't a comparative study of shipping something across the world vs eating local produce, and you don't have to farm livestock if the local climate and soil can support something else.

Within the article you linked:

If you can live a vegetarian diet on local produce that's great. There are very few places in the world that can support a vegan diet without shipping food from abroad though. There are some places where the climate and soil just won't support a wide enough range of plants to sustain a human. They can sustain livestock though.
    lol, it doesn't need to be comparative. It points out that getting rid of as much of the meat industry as we can will make it so we don't really have to worry about the carbon footprint of our food anymore.

And Mario Batali is your expert????? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    lol, you don't know the first effing thing you're talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Vegetarian
    means they don't eat meat, but still eat dairy and use animal products, like leather, wool, etc.
    • It can be an ethical and/or health choice.

Vegan
    means they don't eat meat or dairy or anything else that comes from animals, nor do they use animal products.
    • It is an ethical choice.

Eating a plant based diet
    means they don't eat meat or dairy but will eat other things from animals like honey and will use animal products.
    • It is purely a health choice.
    Yes, I was aware of these...why are you posting this BS that I could have googled if I didn't already know what it was on top of it having nothing to do with what I said.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much, want to be good to the world...support your local farmer who doesn't yet mass produces products.