Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Like feral thugs wanting to overthrow state and federal governments?
    Na, just a person like my wife's cousin who broke into this guy's apt because he was upset over him dating his daughter and attacked him with a knife. It did not end well for her cousin because the other guy had a firearm and protected himself to live another day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Na, just a person like my wife's cousin who broke into this guy's apt because he was upset over him dating his daughter and attacked him with a knife. It did not end well for her cousin because the other guy had a firearm and protected himself to live another day.
    Not sure what that has to do with ensuring the US is a free state.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Does an armed citizenry deter tyranny and invasion? History and logic both answer emphatically, “Yes!”
    Sorry. I should have been more specific.

Do you have any historical evidence, that doesn't involve a blog from "Backwoodshome.com", that "one of the main reasons" we weren't invaded by ground troops during WWII, was the firearm ownership of private American citizens.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    I live in Belgium, I have never seen a gun aside from holstered on a police officer outside of my work where I carry one myself since 6 months. I'm 24 year old.

Guns for general public are pretty much unheard off in Belgium, I'm aware plenty of civilians have a license and keep one but considering we never hear about them is a good sign.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, so much wishful thinking...
    You obviously know nothing about the American people or those who serve in our Military. That is excusable, you are Belgian

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    http://www.backwoodshome.com/armed-c...errent-factor/

Does an armed citizenry deter tyranny and invasion? History and logic both answer emphatically, “Yes!”
    No, standing armies of the state deter or resist.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Freedom extends to each and every citizen. Hard to exercise a freedom you have if you are dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Sorry. I should have been more specific.

Do you have any historical evidence, that doesn't involve a blog from "Backwoodshome.com", that "one of the main reasons" we weren't invaded by ground troops during WWII, was the firearm ownership of private American citizens.
    To be fair, I am sure the vast Oceans on the East and West Coast had the most to do with that. Germany could not invade Britain because the small English channel. lol! But his point is not totally without some merit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Freedom extends to each and every citizen. Hard to exercise a freedom you have if you are dead.
    But how does a criminal act make the US not a free state? Since we have crime now, does that mean we aren't a free state?

10+ Year Old Account
    But how does a criminal act make the US not a free state? Since we have crime now, does that mean we aren't a free state?
    What good is that freedom if you as a individual can not successfully defend yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, I am sure the vast Oceans on the East and West Coast had the most to do with that. Germany could not invade Britain because the small English channel. lol! But his point is not totally without some merit.
    His point is completely without merit, as far as I'm concerned. An armed citizenry during WWII had to be very close to the bottom of the list of "why Germany et al shouldn't invade mainland USA."
    Eat yo vegetables

15+ Year Old Account
    What good is that freedom if you as a individual can not successfully defend yourself?
    Firearms don't guarantee a 'successful' defense. Are you saying we don't have freedom now because crime exists?

- - - Updated - - -

Firearms don't guarantee a 'successful' defense. Are you saying we don't have freedom now because crime exists?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    His point is completely without merit, as far as I'm concerned. An armed citizenry during WWII had to be very close to the bottom of the list of "why Germany et al shouldn't invade mainland USA."
    It would still be easier to take over a country if the citizens had no firearms. But as I said, this was not why we were not invaded in WW2.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    You need toddler control. Only smart people should have the right to have them around their guns.
    Should be a requirement to have a basic inteligence to reproduce...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

15+ Year Old Account
    It would still be easier to take over a country if the citizens had no firearms. But as I said, this was not why we were not invaded in WW2.
    That statement is meaningless. There are firearms in all countries, in both private citizen hands and volunteers military hands. No country has no firearms.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

You are double posting. Lol!

But they can and do. And no, crime will always exist, and because of that fact , we will always need to successfully defend ourselves. You can choose how you want to do that however. And everyone's situation can be a factor to what extent as long as what you do is legal. I want that legal choice to be mine. And having it as a Constitutional right, makes it harder to take that freedom of choice away.

15+ Year Old Account
    You are double posting. Lol!

But they can and do. And no, crime will always exist, and because of that fact , we will always need to successfully defend ourselves. You can choose how you want to do that however. And everyone's situation can be a factor to what extent as long as what you do is legal. I want that legal choice to be mine. And having it as a Constitutional right, makes it harder to take that freedom of choice away.
    Do you think the existence of traffic and food protection laws and regulations protect your 'freedom' more in your life than your firearm? If not, why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Should be a requirement to have a basic inteligence to reproduce...
    That is really the root cause of the tragic situation of kids using firearms. Irresponsible parents.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you think the existence of traffic and food protection laws and regulations protect your 'freedom' more in your life than your firearm? If not, why?
    Those have good, value reasons. I happen to believe having the choice to keep and bear a firearm can also be valid. You disagree. Fine, you have the freedom to do that. hehe.

15+ Year Old Account
    That is really the root cause of the tragic situation of kids using firearms. Irresponsible parents.

- - - Updated - - -

Those have good, value reasons. I happen to believe having the choice to keep and bear a firearm can also be valid. You disagree. Fine, you have the freedom to do that. hehe.
    I never said I disagree, I'm just trying to wrap my head around your assertion that if crime exists, then you cannot be free, but we live in reality where they both exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said I disagree, I'm just trying to wrap my head around your assertion that if crime exists, then you cannot be free, but we live in reality where they both exist.
    Of course it exists, both. But I happen to think because the one ( crime ) does, I need to defend myself successfully to exercise the freedom I have. And if I was not allowed to use a firearm to do that, maybe I would not be able to successfully defend myself. The guy whom my wife's cousin attacked, if he had no firearm to protect himself, he may have lost his freedom to exercise. Odds where not good he could have, knowing my wife's cousin as I did.

But like I have said many times, if you feel you are safe without needing a firearm, then more than likely you will not. Odds are you would never need one in some situations. Odds are low even for myself ever needing one, which i hope and pray remains that way. But I want the choice of what to use to be prepared in case I am a victim of the low % chance.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2016-05-13 at 02:21 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not being able to successfully defend yourself would be one. And if we had no firearms, I am not sure Granny would stand much chance against a younger, stronger thug if she only had a rolling pin to use.

And before you say, " I was referring to a invasion type threat" keep in mind, we also have domestic enemies who do not give 2 shits about your life and freedom.
    If he meant defending yourself i guess he would´ve sayed defending yourself and not keeping the US free. Also domestic enemies that are stopped by the 2nd amendment? How exactly?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    Lol, so much wishful thinking...
    Ironically it´s also the argument against how the 2nd amendment is keeping the US free.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Of course it exists, both. But I happen to think because the one ( crime ) does, I need to defend myself successfully to exercise the freedom I have. And if I was not allowed to use a firearm to do that, maybe I would not be able to successfully defend myself. The guy whom my wife's cousin attacked, if he had no firearm to protect himself, he may have lost his freedom to exercise. Odds where not good he could have, knowing my wife's cousin as I did.

But like I have said many times, if you feel you are safe without needing a firearm, then more than likely you will not. Odds are you would never need one in some situations. Odds are low even for myself ever needing one, which i hope and pray remains that way. But I want the choice of what to use to be prepared in case I am a victim of the low % chance.
    Then you need to 'invest' in a doomsday bunker for a meteor strike, a bubble suit to reduce the risk of contracting AIDS, Zika, Tuberculosis, and a lead encasement to protect you from X3 solar flares.