First of all, Hunter with Webspinner + Timberwolf is quite fun and very successful. You can usually handle some early aggro (though a perfect mech deck draw can still wreck you) and you also get some fun RNG when webspinners die, so it's more dynamic.

Second of all, WHY do so many people play Iceblock + Fireball? It makes no sense. It's not fun (for the player or the opponent). It's not creative. It's not engaging or strategic. I mean ... sure, do it once if you are struggling to get your free pack ... but this is a really fun brawl. Why queue up over and over with such a dull, uninspired deck?

I think the amount of Iceblock + Fireball decks (I played about 18 games and saw 6 or 7) really illustrated what's wrong, not just with Hearthstone, but gaming in general. The great majority of young gamers don't want fun, they don't want a challenge. They just want stuff. Big numbers, flashy colors, and stuff...

We get what we deserve.

Given it's the best way to quickly farm gold why wouldn't people be playing it for that reason? The brawl is pretty dull after 10 minutes regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Given it's the best way to quickly farm gold why wouldn't people be playing it for that reason? The brawl is pretty dull after 10 minutes regardless.
    Exactly! People don't play for fun ... they play to get stuff. They will spend HOURS doing something they aren't even enjoying to "farm gold" to ... spend in a game that they are constantly doing things they aren't enjoying to farm gold?

This brawl is ONLY dull because the players have made it that way. There are 893845093485 fun decks you could experiment with and tinker with and lose big and win big with and laugh and enjoy ... but in the games I played I saw 16-ish net decks on the front page of HearthPwn right now. I saw ONE (maybe two) original decks.

Why? Because people want to farm gold...

Can you imagine the games 10 years from now? There will be no pvp games at all and they will all be Mage Iceblock + Fireball mechanics versus shitty AI ... but man will you get some sweet (useless) rewards for it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AstroleonShadowflower View Post
    This made me laugh. ><

Turn 4 self lethal?

Besides that, I've been trying the Tidehunter/Evolve shammy. Just too slow for these fast mech decks.
    Try wisps with evolve. A guy did that against me and it was pretty hilarious (and he dominated me).

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Exactly! People don't play for fun ... they play to get stuff. They will spend HOURS doing something they aren't even enjoying to "farm gold" to ... spend in a game that they are constantly doing things they aren't enjoying to farm gold?

This brawl is ONLY dull because the players have made it that way. There are 893845093485 fun decks you could experiment with and tinker with and lose big and win big with and laugh and enjoy ... but in the games I played I saw 16-ish net decks on the front page of HearthPwn right now. I saw ONE (maybe two) original decks.

Why? Because people want to farm gold...

Can you imagine the games 10 years from now? There will be no pvp games at all and they will all be Mage Iceblock + Fireball mechanics versus shitty AI ... but man will you get some sweet (useless) rewards for it!
    Gold allows them to get packs/arena runs.

Arena runs are fun in themselves - for many a LOT more fun than standard/wild/tavern brawl.
    Gold allows people interested in standard to play decks they want to play, or work towardsi t.

This brawl is dull regardless, after a short while. There is no 'experiment' because the moment you enter the game your deck is nearly always a hard counter to theirs or theirs a hardcounter to yours. This isn't even a matter of netdecking, it's 2 fucking cards. Most people come up with all the strategies themselves over 30mins.

And no, the whole point o farming gold in this brawl is it DOESN'T take hours.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    you need luck for this but Doomhammer + rockbiter, does not garenteed to work but so satisfying when you pull it off, but 4 mechwarpers + gorilla bot = win

Naturalize + Coldlight Oracle. hahahaha.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy wrath + molten giant. Can do 50 damage by turn 5 if you have the coin trololol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    He got lucky then, 'cause most games never last that long.
    I was running Demonfire/Mistress of Pain for fun so yeah, game went a little longer.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

So. I found some things that CAN beat Ice Block/Fireball. One is the Mill Druid (Coldlight/Naturalize), however that lost pretty conclusively to Living Roots/Savage Roar. Which I think is still pretty vulnerable to IB/FB.

Target Dummy/Bolster seems pretty strong too. Beats most things and I even got lucky against IB/FB, he ran out of Ice Blocks before I ran out of HP.

Also saw Innervate/Y'Shaarj. That was pretty funny. Lost hard to IB/FB of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Disappointed to find out that with 2 Mimiron's Heads on the board and 5 Mechwarpers, everything gets destroyed and only one V-07-TR-0N is produced.
    The one thing I really want to try, and me with no Mimiron's Head

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mathezar View Post
    The only way a mechwarper hunter could EVER beat any kind of mage is if they completely failed to draw either ice block or frost nova depending on what they're running. If the mage has a single ice block, there is no way for the hunter to win before turn 3....
    And of course, you mulligan for a full hand of Ice Blocks...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

As a Warrior: 0 cost Target Dummy (no longer available for newcomers since it is a Goblin VS Gnomes card) + Bolster.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Unless the mage player is counting on plenty of fast concedes then that deck isn't great to farm gold with. Without a concede you won't be winning before turn 8. There are better & faster decks that will get you wins by turn 2.

Mill is absolutely useless as over half the decks are mechwarpers and all you do is make it easier for them to kill you, the amount of spam they can put on the board screws you over regardless. All I come up against is hunters using mechwarpers and metaltooth leapers, I swear these brawls get worse and worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Unless the mage player is counting on plenty of fast concedes then that deck isn't great to farm gold with. Without a concede you won't be winning before turn 8. There are better & faster decks that will get you wins by turn 2.
    That's entirely debatable on what you've experienced facing & what cards you have isn't it? If you are relatively new you're unlikely to have mechs, possibly not loatheb, etc. Mage is a fantastic class for completely vanilla high winrates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    That's entirely debatable on what you've experienced facing & what cards you have isn't it? If you are relatively new you're unlikely to have mechs, possibly not loatheb, etc. Mage is a fantastic class for completely vanilla high winrates.

Deleted
    Had some fun with WW/armorsmith against a Lightwell/mind vision priest... Shame he conceded after filling his board with wells.

Deleted
    My order of play:

Make deck that could be fun
    Queue
    Matched against hunter
    Wait til first mechwarper is dropped by them then concede
    Requeue

This tavern brawl is great assuming you skip all the gold farmers. Mirror Image and Spellslinger is sort of alright and can lead to interesting games that last longer than turn 5

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Had some fun with WW/armorsmith against a Lightwell/mind vision priest... Shame he conceded after filling his board with wells.
    ohh gotta give that one a go
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Never had easier time capping gold for a day.
    Yes, I play Mech Warper / Mech Cat hunter deck.
    Just play nothing until turn 3 (2 with coin), then flood the board.
    Usually it's a concede.
    Ice block / Fireball mages try to fight, this depends on their luck with ice block draws. Sometimes I can lethal them after they run out of iceblocks in hand.

It's a very lame brawl, but hey it's efficient at least.

I'm waiting for a brawl where you craft a normal 30 card deck, but you can just include unlimited copies of cards in it.

Best tavern brawl yet for gold generation. Gonna be sad to see it go

I was lucky to get a Y'shaarj legendary on the single pack I bought for 100 coins. (Didn't get any legendaries in the 8 free packs). So I got to do the druid innervate/yshaarj combo. Pretty funny. Even won against an iceblock mage because I assume they ran out of iceblock in their hand.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__