Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalia View Post
    Yeah, 5k is a lot for me too, and I make a decent amount. What type of car are you thinking about getting?
    Something new-er. Not really concerned about model. I have $6300 saved up now, I'll probably have to save for another year or two. Buying a car out right that will last me for 10 years seems like a good investment though. My girlfriends dad works at a car auction, so I can probably get it sooner than later if I wanted to, but I'll wait it out and try to find the best deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    You must be young, then. I have a 2016 Fusion and my full coverage + renter's insurance is only 120/mo.
    Maybe it varies by state. My bank demands I get full coverage. I even offered to put like $5000 in a different account that I can sign over to them until the car is paid off, and that they're free to take it if I crash the car up and/or refuse to pay, and they said no. Full coverage doesn't even cover what you paid for it, anyway. My credit score is 719 and I am 28 years old.

Minimum coverage costs me about $40, full coverage is about $110. No thanks.
    Last edited by Zafire; 2016-05-13 at 02:10 AM.

Feel comfortable with who you are..that's fine, just don't advocate that being unhealthy and lazy is OK. Let everyone else make their own decisions based on how they WANT to live their life.

Inb4 not all "fat" people are lazy or unhealthy.... yes, I know. That's not who I'm talking about though, and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Lady says she's happier now that she's embraced her weight.
    i would say her weight embraced her body but w.e

dont know how other women let themselves go like that

what happened to us looking fit, sexy, attractive, desirable?

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Something new-er. Not really concerned about model. I have $6300 saved up now, I'll probably have to save for another year or two. Buying a car out right that will last me for 10 years seems like a good investment though. My girlfriends dad works at a car auction, so I can probably get it sooner than later if I wanted to, but I'll wait it out and try to find the best deal.
    Just my two cents. If you already have that much saved up you should look at used Honda Civics from 2010-2012, they are great on gas mileage (mine is getting a mixed highway/city rate of 31.5 MPG). You will get your money's worth as they can easily last 150k+ miles as long as you take care of them and they are low maintenance and the parts are cheap.

Deleted
    the really funny thing about this thread is... if you just look at that picture, and you see that woman in that mermaid dress... you can totally understand how sailors confused manatees for mermaids...

Deleted
    Are Victoria's secret angels a lie? Nope

Deleted
    There's a guy that goes to my gym that actually does have the perfect body, it's annoying, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am the epitome of the perfect body. 6'7, 290 lbs. with a rock hard beer gut. Praise me minions.

On a serious note, perfect doesn't exist...in almost every aspect of life. Many men love heavy set women, a good friend of mine one of those men. He like em heavy...I'm talking 250+ heavy. I judge no one, if you love your body embrace that shit, If not, fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoops View Post
    Married women no longer have to maintain their appearances as they already have partners.
    Interesting that you would refer to fit women as "skinny bitches" though.
    I assume it jealously? I hear a lot of that and it is mostly down to jealously of either never getting a fit partner or not being fit themselves.

It is when you love greasy food. mhmm

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post

Too much hard work so the vocal minority bitched and complained until we hit this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post

Too much hard work so the vocal minority bitched and complained until we hit this. A world where men are called pigs for not dating a fat chick but women can get away for not dating a short guy.

In your world maybe, but for most of the middle/poor class which composes most of the known world, 5k is a lot. Keep dreaming.
    Dude, I don't know what you think I'm dreaming about. I'm well aware that a lot of people have less money than me, I agree that $5K is quite a bit of money, all I'm saying is that your claim that spending $5K is "irresponsible" is just wrong. For many people, it is. For many people, it isn't.

Let's be real, you just don't like rings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The second def on there matches mine, if being a bit more specific.. And a cyclist who is TOO skinny and worries about extra weight when exercising(which makes the exercise more effective) is pretty close to that.
    Except for the part where 5' and 105 (which is the size the person in question states) isn't too skinny. You're just making shit up at this point.

I don't know why we have a board full of people that are completely unfamiliar with fit people and/or people that have enough money to purchase engagement rings. Kinda weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post

Maybe it varies by state. My bank demands I get full coverage. I even offered to put like $5000 in a different account that I can sign over to them until the car is paid off, and that they're free to take it if I crash the car up and/or refuse to pay, and they said no. Full coverage doesn't even cover what you paid for it, anyway. My credit score is 719 and I am 28 years old.

Minimum coverage costs me about $40, full coverage is about $110. No thanks.
    Have you shopped around for insurance a bit? I'm 30, so similar age range, have a leased '15 tC and full coverage, low deductible insurance is ~$45/month. I have a higher credit score, but 719 isn't awful by any means, I don't think that accounts for the giant gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Except for the part where 5' and 105 (which is the size the person in question states) isn't too skinny. You're just making shit up at this point.

I don't know why we have a board full of people that are completely unfamiliar with fit people and/or people that have enough money to purchase engagement rings. Kinda weird.

- - - Updated - - -.
    I'm actually 5' even and weigh just under 100 lbs., which I first stated a while back on a thread about concealed carry, of course, not when cycling.

I'm far from skinny. I've gone to almost 110, that's overweight for me, and anyone who saw me at that time would agree. As a woman, excess weight goes right to my hips. To be skinny, I'd have to drop below 95, but at that weight, I don't have the strength or energy to ride. It's a balancing act.

These are people who have probably never ridden a century (100 miles) which is hard enough, and don't understand that we don't ride in pace lines because we like each other, but rather to benefit off each other's draft, thus reducing the effort required to expend by at least 20-40%.

If you can't keep pace, the line drops you quick, and not only have you made the ride that much more difficult for everyone else who was counting on you, but it will be a lot harder, and take you a whole lot longer. I also have the disadvantage of always being the smallest/weakest in my line, so doing whatever I can to minimize that is crucial. There isn't any real need to carry water or anything else -- SAG wagons abound. Even when training, I mean, there are rest areas with water fountains all over the place and Starbucks baristas like it when you leave them your change.

But cross country is the best -- we've cycled Sacramento to Seattle, Miami to Key West, across Missouri, following the route of Lewis and Clark, etc. We stay at other cyclists homes along the way, stealth and 'credit card camp". Meaning, at the end of the day, we find a hotel, and make camp with the act of handing over a credit card. I just bring along my pack mule husband, don't have to carry anything.

Don't know how it is even possible for anyone not to understand that challenging adventures are a huge part of what make life worth living. The joy of accomplishment, the euphoria of reaching the peak, followed by the high of flying downhill, meeting all those new people, and all the sights you'd otherwise miss out on along the way. So much fun, in so many ways.
    Last edited by Cricket22; 2016-05-13 at 04:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The perfect body does exist. It's just extremely subjective. There's no "one size fits all" (other than your mom... BOOM, sorry just couldn't resist).
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Unless you're under 5 feet tall, that's not healthy at all. Borderline anorexic, severely anorexic if they have above average muscle mass. Lean muscle in female athletes of average height puts them around 150 typically.
    Body fat percentages are more useful than weight and height to tell whether or not a person's eating habits are appropriate imo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_fat_percentage

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    The perfect body does exist. It's just extremely subjective.
    ^
    /10chars

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket22 View Post
    I'm actually 5' even and weigh just under 100 lbs., which I first stated a while back on a thread about concealed carry, of course, not when cycling.

I'm far from skinny. I've gone to almost 110, that's overweight for me, and anyone who saw me at that time would agree. As a woman, excess weight goes right to my hips. To be skinny, I'd have to drop below 95, but at that weight, I don't have the strength or energy to ride. It's a balancing act.

These are people who have probably never ridden a century (100 miles) which is hard enough, and don't understand that we don't ride in pace lines because we like each other, but rather to benefit off each other's draft, thus reducing the effort required to expend by at least 20-40%.

If you can't keep pace, the line drops you quick, and not only have you made the ride that much more difficult for everyone else who was counting on you, but it will be a lot harder, and take you a whole lot longer. I also have the disadvantage of always being the smallest/weakest in my line, so doing whatever I can to minimize that is crucial. There isn't any real need to carry water or anything else -- SAG wagons abound. Even when training, I mean, there are rest areas with water fountains all over the place and Starbucks baristas like it when you leave them your change.

But cross country is the best -- we've cycled Sacramento to Seattle, Miami to Key West, across Missouri, following the route of Lewis and Clark, etc. We stay at other cyclists homes along the way, stealth and 'credit card camp". Meaning, at the end of the day, we find a hotel, and make camp with the act of handing over a credit card. I just bring along my pack mule husband, don't have to carry anything.

Don't know how it is even possible for anyone not to understand that challenging adventures are a huge part of what make life worth living. The joy of accomplishment, the euphoria of reaching the peak, followed by the high of flying downhill, meeting all those new people, and all the sights you'd otherwise miss out on along the way. So much fun, in so many ways.
    I had no idea cycling was this awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    The perfect body:
    What any given society at any given period in history is obsessed with.
    Has very little (if anything at all) to do with what's healthiest.

Peer pressure rules.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

No, I just don't like irresponsible spending. Innate differences on how we were raised.
    Oh come on. I don't even own an engagement ring, but only because the only time I ever wear jewelry is to complete an evening dress, otherwise, I just can't tolerate the feel of it on my skin. I don't even wear my wedding band.

But my husband and I have spent a hell of a lot more than $5k on a lot of other things. We've even spent more on a single vacation -- and that's even with our hundreds of thousands of frequent flyer miles which enable us to fly for free. It's either "use them or lose them" so we use them up on international business class!

No mortgage on our home, no car loans, and only debt is on our rental properties which is a business tax write off.

But most women wear their engagement and wedding rings, every single day, for the rest of their lives. So if you happen to luck out by managing to live long enough and stay married for, say 50 years, that $5 grand amounts to an expense of only $100/year.

And I promise you, most women have far more invested, in their shoe collection alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gulharum View Post

- - - Updated - - -

It truly is. Just amazing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I am confused as to what exactly the point of this article is?
    Propaganda for obesity.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulharum View Post
    Body fat percentages are more useful than weight and height to tell whether or not a person's eating habits are appropriate imo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_fat_percentage

- - - Updated - - -

^
    /10chars

- - - Updated - - -

Don’t trust any cyclists. They would say anything to hide their sickness.

Imagine telling people that riding a bicycle from Berkeley to Yosemite is fun. How sick is that?

They also prey on the weakest member of the pack. If you are riding with new group along an unfamiliar route, you better check your GPS when somebody tell you that they are heading back. In all likelihood, you are actually heading further out.

Yes, you gave up an enormous opportunity cost of 5k. That could have went to retirement, it could have went to your kids college fund, you don't know the future, you don't know if you are going to get cancer tomorrow and have extreme medical bills. If 5k has "no impact at all" in your life, kudos too you, the rest of the real world, however, would beg to differ.
    It could have been retirement, collegefund, but what it REALLY is...is none of our business.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I just don't like irresponsible spending. Innate differences on how we were raised.
    So don't spend irresponsibly. I'd rather buy 50 gold chains and go ignant.