Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    TF2 didn't invent those game modes. Even Payload had precursors in other games, and that's the closest TF2 got to inventing a new game mode; the others were carbon copied from other, earlier games.

People keep acting like TF2 was the originator of this stuff, when it was just a really decent iteration of the genre.
    I couldn't care less who invented it. Never said anything of the sort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    I couldn't care less who invented it. Never said anything of the sort.
    Then there's little point in saying "they're carbon copies of TF2", because TF2's game modes were themselves carbon copies.

You may as well complain that it's in first-person, and that we shoot guns, because you've "seen that before".

I used to play tons of Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Enemy Territory. After that, I tried playing other fps's and they all felt boring to me. Overwatch was the only one (and I tried BF, CoD, Quake, CS, TF2) that I could play consistently and had fun for days on end. I think it's great the way it is.

Once people realize this isn't your usual "pick a class that you like and play it" but more like a "pick the hero that counters the biggest threat in the enemy team" the whole "balance" discussion will seem kind of silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Bastion is very good against good players aswell, however bastion is all about tactical positioning, where you can easily tunnel people down, but where others like say junkrat/pharah and snipers have difficulty killing you. Same thing with Torbjorn, even though they are rather simple heroes, your knowledge as a player and skill as a player is the difference between a good and bad bastion.

Ulti's being OP is fine, because it's supposed to be a fast paced game where a proper ulti can turn it all around, and that's what makes it fun to a lot of people, because you can get these random LOL moments, and laugh at how funny that ulti was. Of course there are people that will cry about an ulti being OP, but blizzard never really listens to those anymore, and they shouldn't, they should deal with it, or play another game.

- - - Updated - - -

Junkrat is easy in close range, you use your mine tactically.. dislocate the player and finish them off in the air.

It's really easy when you get the hang out of it, and you can easily 1v1 any class like that.
    No, he really can't be usefull against good players. Even in his previous state, befor the nerfs, when he was much, much better. Even then, he wasn't used in competative play.
    You either get countered hard or your team end up wasting 2-3 players just to protect Bastion and against an organized team thats a death sentence. He is utterly pointless and again, adds nothing but frustrated new players and less customers actually playing the game more than a few weeks at most.

Torbjörn is also rather bad but at least he can move and he, himself will not be oneshot or forced to camp pointlessly in a corner.

As it is now, the game is only about ults once you get a bit better at it. The attacking team chains/combos ults once and the game is over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No, he really can't be usefull against good players. Even in his previous state, befor the nerfs, when he was much, much better. Even then, he wasn't used in competative play.
    You either get countered hard or your team end up wasting 2-3 players just to protect Bastion and against an organized team thats a death sentence. He is utterly pointless and again, adds nothing but frustrated new players and less customers actually playing the game more than a few weeks at most.

Torbjörn is also rather bad but at least he can move and he, himself will not be oneshot or forced to camp pointlessly in a corner.

As it is now, the game is only about ults once you get a bit better at it. The attacking team chains/combos ults once and the game is over.
    You obviously don't play the game. Bastion and torbjorn are more than fine, and they are more than capable in the hands of capable players against the best players. In fact both of them are crucial in any kind of game where you are defending a point, you won't win the round if you don't have one of them, preferably both.

You obviously don't play the game. Bastion and torbjorn are more than fine, and they are more than capable in the hands of capable players against the best players. In fact both of them are crucial in any kind of game where you are defending a point, you won't win the round if you don't have one of them, preferably both.
    Haha. Good one... You're trolling, right? If not, then you are terribly misinformed. Good luck in the quick play queue though.

So tired of seeing all of this "like tf2" "more like tf2" "thats like tf2"

If you love Team Fortress so damn much, and want this game to be like Team Fortress, THAN KEEP PLAYING TEAM FORTRESS 2

This is a completely different developer and it's not 2007 anymore.

I see a number of valid points in several posts that I agree with....but We all need to face the fact that this game is not based off a previous FPS title, namely TF2.

If you had ammo packs it would drastically slow down fire fights, it'd promote camping, and it would make those heroes that don't rely heavily on ammo much more useful/powerful vs their ammo craving counter-parts.

. So why would I pay $60 for more of the same?
    Personally I think the graphics / art style and animations alone are worth the 40$(its only 60 if you buy origins). TF2 never really appealed to me as its art style is... not great (as well as showing its age) and the animations are incredibly bad. Even if they were literal 1:1 copies mechanically I'd take overwatch any day over tf2 on aesthetics alone.

If you're already heavily invested in a similar game and don't completely hate it then its kind of hard to justify a switch. I've enjoyed some other mmo's I've played over the years and think they're good games on their own but I've so much invested in wow that I can't really justify swapping over these days or paying for both at the same time.

But that'd be my reasoning, not because 2 games in the same genre are... in the same genre.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Yeah I refunded my preorder after the open beta. The game modes seemed to be exact carbon copies of tf2 and in that game I know all the classes like the back of my hand, ill be honest im just too lazy to bother learning dozens of new classes in order to be competitive in a game ill likely play very little of. Maybe down the road if the game separates itself a bit with some original game modes ill buy into it on sale, but not for me right now.
    Hey if those are the reasons for you not wanting this game, than by all means. That's a perfectly logical reason! ha ha
    I've had games like that too, where they were fun and I enjoyed it. but didn't buy full versions til Steam had 50% off sales n stuff like that, because if I'm not going to play a game several times a week, than I can't see paying an average of 60 bucks for it. lol

Deleted
    No, just no. This is a point that actually even blizzard themselves acknowledged already, which lead to numerous changes to both heroes actually. Bastion is unusable in competitive play, torbjorn does get picked up for the armor boost, but nothing else, same way symmetra was ran on attack for the shields pre nerf. YOU obviously never played a scrim or watched any of the tournaments during the closed beta phase or you would know this. Seriously if you have haven't been at least heroic tier during the competitive beta or god forbid if you only played during the open beta, then don't talk like you know this shit. you don't. bastion is only good at scrub level and nowhere else and this is a widely known fact that even the devs themselves acknowledged >.<

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    It astonishes you after 6 replies? You are easily pleased ^^

OP: If you are serious about feedback, how about posting it in the..uh..I don't know? Blizzard Beta forums?
    Overwatch beta forums are closed. And the forum is generally a toxic community that is instantly hostile to any opinion not pro-Overwatch.

10+ Year Old Account
    People think bastion is un useable in Comp play?

The last invitational, both Cloud 9 and REUNITED used bastion throughout their games, with Cloud9 winning in the end. Da Fuq u bronzies talking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post

The last invitational, both Cloud 9 and REUNITED used bastion throughout their games, with Cloud9 winning in the end. Da Fuq u bronzies talking about?
    They like pretending they know "pro strats" because they read something one time on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    I didn't read what you wrote. It screams someone who thinks they're amazing at the game and everyone else is garbage. Pure toxic and you should stop posting.
    This person wins idiot of the day imo. Didnt' read it but then makes blanket calls about the op and that they shouldn't continue to post. It doesn't get much dumber than that.

Why is the blizzard fanboy rage so real on this forum? Calm down bro I like blizzard too.

Regardless of who invented it, TF2 is a current and available game that delivers the same experience as overwatch, for me. So why would I pay $60 for more of the same? And after paying that money, now I need to learn dozens of new classes to be competitive. It just wasn't for me, that's all. Apologies for not liking the holy lord blizzards game in its current state.

Who invented the game mode is irrelevant.
    That's just how he is. Anything he says about Overwatch is holy writ - you didn't know that?

I do think the silhouettes are distinctive, though. Anyway, the whole point of the game is shoot at the other team. Why does it matter if you see Mercy or Reaper (besides the fact that Mercy's a healer)? If they're not on your team, they're targets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Anyway, the whole point of the game is shoot at the other team. Why does it matter if you see Mercy or Reaper (besides the fact that Mercy's a healer)? If they're not on your team, they're targets.
    I'm going to be a lot more worried if that head I see far away poking out of a crevice is Widowmaker than if it's Roadhog.

(obviously, those two characters are very distinct, but the point is that it does matter who it is, because certain weapons and abilities can be more dangerous for you and your team than others)

Widowmaker is a good example though of a possible time to have an issue with the silhouettes. If the character isn't moving or shooting (so you can't rely on animation) and all you can make out is its a leggy female in the distance, it can be a disadvantage not to know, since one of those can still kill the fuck out of you from across the map, while the others can't.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by McLovenIt View Post
    If you had ammo packs it would drastically slow down fire fights, it'd promote camping, and it would make those heroes that don't rely heavily on ammo much more useful/powerful vs their ammo craving counter-parts.
    Slow down as in allow for personal skill to shine through instead of ADHD-fueled insta-gibbing? Unless you think there is tons of "skill" involved in diving the point hoping to rawr-bomb the enemy while your team spams from the front as a distraction? Ammo meaning you have to make your shots count and not mindlessly spam? Camping never wins you anything. Parry-Thrust strategies with a balanced mix of defense and offense wins games. (With a bit of swing players leaning the mix more towards offense or defense as the situation demands)

And you're right, this game isn't based off TF2. It's based on WoW 5-man arena and targeting the same low-skill ceiling casual market MOBAs like LoL exploit. Except in an even more disposable format.

Here's your Participation Award. *pin*

In a game like TF2, teamwork means 1+1 = 3 or even 4. In OW it's 1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3 = 1. As far as effectiveness goes.
    Last edited by stellvia; 2016-05-14 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hmm...okay..so the Overwatch forum is different than the WoW forum? Where basically every thread is a complaint?
    Give the game a while after release. It'll turn into the same thing sooner or later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post

https://youtu.be/YrWWapPUkeI?t=3433

Apart from having been played for a total of lets be generous here 5 minutes total in that matchup, just listen to what the commentator is saying you naabcake, quote "surefour, being the only player in any phase of the beta to this day, in any tournament who could make bastion work" and him having been under suspicion for using cheats a couple of times already *eyesroll* yeah bastion is reaaaaaaaally the fucking meta right now :> Please crawl back under the rock you came out from and try not to embarrass yourself while doing it. thnx

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    And you're right, this game isn't based off TF2. It's based on WoW 5-man arena and targeting the same low-skill ceiling casual market MOBAs like LoL exploit. Except in an even more disposable format.

Here's your Participation Award. *pin*

In a game like TF2, teamwork means 1+1 = 3 or even 4. In OW it's 1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3 = 1. As far as effectiveness goes.
    Apart from a lot of pro gamers from CS, UT coming over to OW and saying that the pacing is good. I still chuckle every time you write something since you obviously are a complete scrub

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b4dcrc View Post
    https://youtu.be/YrWWapPUkeI?t=3433

Apart from having been played for a total of lets be generous here 5 minutes total in that matchup, just listen to what the commentator is saying you naabcake, quote "surefour, being the only player in any phase of the beta to this day, in any tournament who could make bastion work" and him having been under suspicion for using cheats a couple of times already *eyesroll* yeah bastion is reaaaaaaaally the fucking meta right now :> Please crawl back under the rock you came out from and try not to embarrass yourself while doing it. thnx
    No one said he was meta, ever, I simply said he was used in the last invitational. Debunking your idiotic claim that he wasn't.

~What were you saying about embarrassments?