Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Cool LeBron James Credits Not Eating Pork For Health, Performance

CLEVELAND – Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James shared with cleveland.com a tidbit of how he's been able to maintain his durability throughout a 13-year, predominantly healthy NBA career.

For the last seven years, he said he has eliminated pork from his diet. One of his uncles first suggested he give it a try about a decade ago to see if he might notice an improvement in his physical wellness.

After initially refusing, James eventually gave it a shot and never looked back.

"Oh, you can tell the difference," James told cleveland.com. "It's in how I recover, the energy I have. It has helped a lot with my performance. Overall, I've just been feeling good."

James has played in 987 of a possible 1,050 regular-season games, a 94 percent appearance mark. That's quite a feat considering the workload and pounding he takes on a nightly basis.

For three of those seven years he didn't eat red meat, but his nutritionist advised him to restore it to his diet in order to supply more iron. His food intake consists of mainly chicken, fish and pasta.

He's serious about his diet and the results speak for themselves.

"It has worked for me," James said to cleveland.com. "It has been one of the best things I've decided to do for my career."

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....rt_river_index

I thought this was pretty interesting, coming from the top athlete in the world.
    I imagine most people who are serious about health would stick to chicken and seafood or just go vegan.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's nice that Lebron has found something that works for him, but I'd rather take dietary advice from doctors and dietitians.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    isn't that a topic for the sports forum?
    if not one we don't need at all?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    [/B]

I imagine most people who are serious about health would stick to chicken and seafood or just go vegan.
    That sounds almost as bad as living off Tofu, it would be enough to sustain you, but you'd never really be satisfied.

and unless you plan on eating canned tuna all the time I imagine a seafood diet would make a serious dent in your wallet.

I always figured it was his HGH usage.

Deleted
    Literally a jew/muslim shill.

jk m8 pls

He's a basketball player, not some kind of highschool graduate.
    Give him some slack.

That's quite a feat considering the workload and pounding he takes on a nightly basis.
    Confirmed ghey

Deleted
    I thought this was pretty interesting, coming from the top athlete in the world.
    He's not "the top athlete in the world." He's a basketball player. He's one of the freakishly tall athletic guys who fit the very narrow niche of playing basketball. He's most likely not "top" in anything else, be it running any distance, high or long jumping (despite being good at hoops), swimming, weight lifting, playing any other sport competitively, or pretty much any other activity other than putting a ball through a hoop.

He's also not educated in any kind of food science. He's giving you his own layman's opinion, which quite frankly doesn't amount to anything.

You're definitely free to imagine all kinds of things. That doesn't mean those things have anything to do with reality.

pork's pretty gross tasting, and supposed to not be very good for you anyway.

i could see how not eating it might help.

Deleted
    [/B]
    http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....rt_river_index

Actually, I don't see why he cut pork out of his diet.

It's very high in Iron and zinc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    pork's pretty gross tasting
    You are aware that bacon is pork, right? Pretty much every single person on this planet, perhaps aside from you, thinks bacon is delicious. That includes pretty much all vegans and vegetarians, as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    pork's pretty gross tasting, and supposed to not be very good for you anyway.

i could see how not eating it might help.
    Pork is actually very good for you. It's extremely jam packed in oils, Iron, fats and Protein. The Problem is Pork is VERY packed with these, so you get fat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Pork is actually very good for you. It's extremely jam packed in oils, Iron, fats and Protein. The Problem is Pork is VERY packed with these, so you get fat.
    People don't get fat from meat. People get fat from sugars.
    Unless you eat quite a amazing amount of meat.

I agree with Tennisace, we should euthanize pork.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    People don't get fat from meat. People get fat from sugars.
    Unless you eat quite a amazing amount of meat.
    If you drank nothing but water and ate only fried chicken and burgers you'd still get fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    If you drank nothing but water and ate only fried chicken and burgers you'd still get fat.
    I don't believe anyone even does this!
    Water is way too healthy for 24/7 fried chicken/burger eating people.

Deleted
    but you'd never really be satisfied.
    Eat more salads, avocados etc.... until your are full...

We will see if you aren't satisfied with

2 or 3 whole salads

6 little avocados or one big 700 grams one.

2 or 3 carrots sizing 30 centimeters long and 7 centimeters large.

2 kilos of tomatoes.

3 cucumbers.

1 whole Large raw Beet.

When you are full, you are full, your belly doesn't care about the calorie fairy tale shit.

Try something else.

Deleted
    Fried chicken and burgers have incredible amounts of added sugar.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    Eat more salads, avocados etc.... until your are full...

We will see if you aren't satisfied with

2 or 3 whole salads

6 little avocados or one big 700 grams one.

2 or 3 carrots sizing 30 centimeters long and 7 centimeters large.

2 kilos of tomatoes.

3 cucumbers.

1 whole Large raw Beet.

When you are full, you are full, your belly doesn't care about the calorie fairy tale shit.

Try something else.
    Like i said, it would be enough to sustain you but most people wouldn't actually be satisfied living off salads the rest of their life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    You are aware that bacon is pork, right? Pretty much every single person on this planet, perhaps aside from you, thinks bacon is delicious. That includes pretty much all vegans and vegetarians, as well.
    I dun like bacon.

I do like horsemeat and crocodile however.