Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davos Seaworth View Post
    tfw when 45gb download

GTA V was like 65G.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post

Okay, after I pick myself up off the floor from my laughing fit I'm going to actually go back to playing the game.
    Kudo's to whoever made that video, got many solid chuckles out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    GTA V was like 65G.
    and? your point?

Still requires 10+ hours of download time.

and? your point?

Yup, it's how games are going to continue to be this generation. It's a joy for those of us with data caps : (

Deleted
    and? your point?
    That those feelings are pretty common these days as games are growing in size quite significantly.

Well, that obviously depends on the connection speed. On a 24M it'd be something like 6 hours at most. Then again, how long would it take for you to wait for the shops to open, then find one that has the game for sale, go there, buy it and come back home? But yeah... This is how it's going to be. Games are going to be bigger and bigger. Get ready to download a 100G game soon.

But I want it now dammit!

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw some multiplayer gameplay and it looks like old Halo and it looked solid.

I just want to see some single player and ill decide if I get this from there

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I saw some multiplayer gameplay and it looks like old Halo and it looked solid.

I just want to see some single player and ill decide if I get this from there
    It's still hilarious to me that people keep comparing the multiplayer to Halo and/or CoD, because the studio that worked on Doom multiplayer is a group of ex-Bungie folks who pretty much have exclusively worked on multiplayer for Halo and CoD : 3

Single player is different. Looks much faster, pretty good actually. Seeing it in the wild finally got me at least somewhat excited for the game after the multiplayer they showed off threatened to kill my hype entirely.

10+ Year Old Account

Okay, after I pick myself up off the floor from my laughing fit I'm going to actually go back to playing the game.
    Good lord, that is definitely a console player. This is why you shouldn't FPS on consoles. Ugh. And then comparing it to someone very obviously on a PC? Rofl.

On a PC, this has to be one of the smoothest FPSs I've played in a long time. Everything is fast and fluid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Getting this for the SP only, always fun to slaughter some demons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Good lord, that is definitely a console player. This is why you shouldn't FPS on consoles. Ugh. And then comparing it to someone very obviously on a PC? Rofl.

On a PC, this has to be one of the smoothest FPSs I've played in a long time. Everything is fast and fluid.
    Holy crap......that's facepalm worthy. Not the gameitself but the person who played.

Also as someone with a GTX 780

16 GB Ram

Is the PC able to run Doom?
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2016-05-13 at 07:50 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's still hilarious to me that people keep comparing the multiplayer to Halo and/or CoD, because the studio that worked on Doom multiplayer is a group of ex-Bungie folks who pretty much have exclusively worked on multiplayer for Halo and CoD : 3

Single player is different. Looks much faster, pretty good actually. Seeing it in the wild finally got me at least somewhat excited for the game after the multiplayer they showed off threatened to kill my hype entirely.
    Lol that explains it.

The map I saw was in hell and it def looked a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post

It's not really a PC vs. Console thing. It's a "Polygon's person sucks and Nvidia's doesn't" thing. You can get perfectly competent gameplay on console.

Going to be honest I watched the NVIDIA video footage of the game and it looks extremely Bland to me. Sort of like a Doom meets Quake, I got a less cheesy Serious Sam vibe from it, but yeah I dunno I felt bored as fuck watching it.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

So what's the verdict, is the game worth a buy?

Also will it run well on my PC?
    Intel i5-2300 CPU @2.80 GHz
    NVIDIA Geforce GTX 670

The reason I ask is because you can get it for 49.99 CAD off cdkeys.com right now and I have no clue how long it will stay at that price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Holy crap......that's facepalm worthy. Not the gameitself but the person who played.

Also as someone with a GTX 780

16 GB Ram

Is the PC able to run Doom?
    I have a 770 and 32GB ram, and I can run the game just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's not really a PC vs. Console thing. It's a "Polygon's person sucks and Nvidia's doesn't" thing. You can get perfectly competent gameplay on console.
    I know, my friend plays it on console and is perfectly fine at it. It's just that you could TELL that he was playing on a console lol. And yeah, he was a terrible player no matter what system he was using.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account

How can anyone be so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    How can anyone be so bad.
    And who decided it was a good idea to upload that.

Has anyone played with the multiplayer map editor yet?

If so can you make horde mode style maps or is it only pvp.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

So how is this game first day in? Heard meh things about Multiplayer but what about single.