Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by djar View Post
    Lol. It's not a myth at all. Read up the studies for yourself or just google it if you think it's a myth. There's a reason why doctors always recommend to limit red meat intake and even go as far as to recommend not eating it. There are literally hundreds of studies showing this, I thought it was common knowledge at this point. It's definitely not a conspiracy
    There are plenty of studies that contradict that information - they are easy enough to search for.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

If eating pork has made me not LeBron James, then I don't want to be LeBron James...

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    There are plenty of studies that contradict that information - they are easy enough to search for.
    http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk....l-cancer-risk/
    Here's a good summary with links to studies, anyways I will not argue with you, you will just try to convince yourself that red meat is healthy to get rid of the cognitive dissonance just like smokers do

Not many know it, but the carbon footprint of producing pork meat is also bigger than that of chicken meat. However, beef and lamb meat is the worst from this viewpoint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    isn't that a topic for the sports forum?
    if not one we don't need at all?
    By this logic anything related to Zuckerberg and Bill Gates should go in the tech forum.
    Get it together.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    isn't that a topic for the sports forum?
    if not one we don't need at all?
    So, you are posting in a topic you are not interested in, only to say you are not interested in it? Thanks for the update guy, now move along..

Quote Originally Posted by djar View Post
    http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk....l-cancer-risk/
    Here's a good summary with links to studies, anyways I will not argue with you, you will just try to convince yourself that red meat is healthy to get rid of the cognitive dissonance just like smokers do
    red meats only unhealthy because of how its cooked

just sayn

Every substance both causes and cures cancer. The world has no clue what is healthy, as evidenced by the fact it changes every few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    You are aware that bacon is pork, right? Pretty much every single person on this planet, perhaps aside from you, thinks bacon is delicious. That includes pretty much all vegans and vegetarians, as well.
    Bacon is not pork, there is bacon from cows and other animals as well. doesn't have to be pork lol.
    Im no expert but Bacon is meat from the rear side of the animal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamez View Post
    Bacon is not pork, there is bacon from cows and other animals as well. doesn't have to be pork lol.
    Hmmm... I wonder what the shoulder bacon I can get in-store is then

Quote Originally Posted by Gamez View Post
    I have never seen any bacon that isn't pork, in any restaurant, butcher shop, or grocery. If that is a thing, the majority of the world is unaware.

Also, Canada, that's ham, not bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vieve View Post
    *points at avatar* You cannot insult me.
    Hm, I left out "dangerous" in my exclamation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah sure, I agree that in order to maintain a proper physique so you can run around the very small court you do have to be in shape, but that's absolutely nothing compared to, for example, soccer, or even ice hockey players. Still, I agree you have to be in shape at least.

However, that's not why people do good in the NBA. It's their ability to put the ball through the hoop, whether it's 3 pointers, dunks, or other kinds of plays, and a lot of those take very little athleticism compared to other sports. They take skill absolutely, but athleticism? Just enough.
    I agree with that too! thing is, in those kind of sports, there are players who can pull it of just by talent, or by having an extraordinary physique suited for it (in case of basket, be like 2'20 m).
    However, a lot of players have to compensate their lack of talent with a training way harder than the others in order to catch up.
    I just think that professional sports have become so much physical nowadays.
    You have a good example here in the spanish young football divisions, when at early age, the african players are far superior to everyone else thanks to his body.
    Once they all reach 17/18, the others can compensate it with skill.
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Best player in the world currently is 1.8 m. His lack of physical size is compensated for by his talent putting it through the hoop from long range, among other things.
    Who are you talking about? cos Curry is 1,91
    Anyway, its what I say. When you cannot hit triples, you hit the gym.
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    In heels maybe. I stood next to the guy and he's shorter than me(I'm 6'2" in shoes).
    You're saying that athletes lie on their roster sheet? No...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    Eat more salads, avocados etc.... until your are full...

We will see if you aren't satisfied with

2 or 3 whole salads

6 little avocados or one big 700 grams one.

2 or 3 carrots sizing 30 centimeters long and 7 centimeters large.

2 kilos of tomatoes.

3 cucumbers.

1 whole Large raw Beet.

When you are full, you are full, your belly doesn't care about the calorie fairy tale shit.

Try something else.
    Full=/=Sastified

Yeah sure, I agree that in order to maintain a proper physique so you can run around the very small court you do have to be in shape, but that's absolutely nothing compared to, for example, soccer, or even ice hockey players. Still, I agree you have to be in shape at least.

However, that's not why people do good in the NBA. It's their ability to put the ball through the hoop, whether it's 3 pointers, dunks, or other kinds of plays, and a lot of those take very little athleticism compared to other sports. They take skill absolutely, but athleticism? Just enough.
    This might be the most ignorant statement I have ever read regarding sports. Clearly, you have never watched even a single NBA game.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    If you drank nothing but water and ate only fried chicken and burgers you'd still get fat.
    Calories in/Calories out, you eat enough of anything and you get fat, if you don't eat enough of at least something you will lose weight. If you just eat fried chicken and burgers you will be pretty unhealthy, but you will only gain weight if you eat more calories than you burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Pork is one of the worst meats I've eaten so far. Imo, its taste is inferior to lamb, sheep or calf or even chicken (if cooked properly). Quality bacon is okay for breakfast tho. I am not sure about health part, but pork is simply too fatty. Fatty meat is not healthy.
    Lamb is pretty fatty too, it's right up there. Also, Lamb is sheep, unless you mean Mutton which is just an older sheep? Either way, it's pretty fatty.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-05-13 at 07:39 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Lamb is pretty fatty too, it's right up there. Also, Lamb is sheep, unless you mean Mutton which is just an older sheep? Either way, it's pretty fatty.
    Lamb is younger sheep. There is a difference. Lambs are sheeps younger than 1 year. I am not sure about the terminology here, mutton/sheep or lamb/sheep, it differentiates the age. Yes, lamb is fatty, not as much as a pork. Lamb meat is not up there in healthy meat list due to high level of fat, however.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-05-13 at 07:50 PM.

I'm pretty fit. My secrect is buckets of icecream and smoking.