Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    The conspiracy theory that's backed up by hard data? Silly people....

http://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2015/wom...gs-in-2014.htm

http://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2016/wom...occupation.htm
    except this data is flawed, as it never takes into account the length of time people have been in said jobs. So if you have 10 men who have worked there for 10 years and 10 women who have just started it skews the statistic.

Anecdotal sure, but in my job women earn the same starting wage as with my girlfriends job in regard to men

I like how nobody bothered to post the link she shared within that tweet that explains why she takes issue with it :

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/feed/...eed_trumpwomen

Women already make the same as men for the same work, and there are already laws in place to prevent/punish pay discrimination. I just don't get it.
    Do they want to work a 30 hour week and get payed as much as a man working a 40 hour week?
    Do they expect to get payed the same as some in a higher position then them?
    Do they want to progress through a company and be treated as if they worked even during the time they are gone for child-rearing reasons/maternity leave?
    Do they expect mandatory static raises and promotions from time of hire?
    Do they want risky/dangerous jobs to not have increased pay to compensate for that risk?
    Do they expect jobs with a lot of benefits to still get payed as highly as jobs with lower benefits?
    Do they want the lower-end jobs they chose to pursue to have the same pay-grade as higher-end/more valuable jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by bollocks View Post
    Well he literally said it. Its his words, "you are going to make the same amount of money if you do as good a job". Which could either mean, women make less money because they have less paid jobs or that they make less because they perform worse. I mean its not hard to read through it.
    The "going to" part implies the future. It could mean that he plans on fixing any existing gap in wages. The quote could also imply that Hillary doesn't think that women should have to do as good of a job to receive equal pay (not likely, but just throwing it out there as an example).

The point is that when you take a benign quote, strip it entirely of context, the only spin on it is your own. Anything argued from that point isn't his quote, but hers.

Deleted

Haha, like these lunatics care about your facts and statistics. Much rather have hyperbole and bullshit, the lies make them happy

Quote Originally Posted by Adrena View Post
    Haha, like these lunatics care about your facts and statistics. Much rather have hyperbole and bullshit, the lies make them happy
    It's almost as if critical thinking is too much for some people...

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    It's almost as if critical thinking is too much for some people...
    lol they are upset to see a pro-Trump thread in their safe space.
    Low energy!

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Yeah, it's a myth.
    And global warming doesn't exist.
    God shaped our 6 millenia old world in seven days and vaccines cause autism.

Can I now join your party?
    This looks a bit like a motte and bailey argument.

Actually if you're saying creationism is a myth, couldn't you just re-apply your own argument to prove it isn't?
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2016-05-13 at 07:45 PM.

Yes it's a mistake but not for the reason op wants you to think. She should have better stated that "trump says family leave hurts the economy (link)" instead
    Last edited by akris15; 2016-05-13 at 07:43 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    The "going to" part implies the future. It could mean that he plans on fixing any existing gap in wages. The quote could also imply that Hillary doesn't think that women should have to do as good of a job to receive equal pay (not likely, but just throwing it out there as an example).

The point is that when you take a benign quote, strip it entirely of context, the only spin on it is your own. Anything argued from that point isn't his quote, but hers.
    Upon further investigation, Hillary's quote is accurate. He did not added any context beyond that, he was asked about his position on wages and women and he answered what Hillary quoted. In this case had Trump provided more context his words would not be so easily borrowed for interpretations. His quote alone implies the two positions that were discussed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundTriggered View Post
    lol they are upset to see a pro-Trump thread in their safe space.
    Low energy!
    Bro you really sound triggered.

this thread is being locked because Trump is a ebil racist poopyhead

10+ Year Old Account
    How is this a mistake? I'm confused.

The implication behind his tweet is that women are just bad at doing work. That's why there's a pay gap. Once women start doing better work, they'll get paid more. (whether there is or isn't a pay gap, the implication exists).

- - - Updated - - -

this thread is being locked because Trump is a ebil racist poopyhead
    Are you even old enough to vote?
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    How is this a mistake? I'm confused.

The implication behind his tweet is that women are just bad at doing work. That's why there's a pay gap. Once women start doing better work, they'll get paid more. (whether there is or isn't a pay gap, the implication exists).

- - - Updated - - -

Are you even old enough to vote?
    No one is buying your conspiracy theory.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Er, is the OP being serious?

"Colossal" campaign error? For pointing out a bit of hypocrisy from Trump (not saying her campaign has a rock solid argument, but the linked article in the tweet hardly makes this a "colossal" campaign error)?

Or is it really that hard for Trump supporters to read more text that what appears on a placard or tweet?

I'm no Hillary fan, but I'm not stupid enough to declare something like this tweet as a "colossal" error. In fact, it is just such massive over-reactions and constant straw man arguments (like many of the responses) that keeps independents such as myself constantly shaking our heads over the current crop of conservatives. There is no need to parody this stuff...you guys are doing this to yourselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one is buying your conspiracy theory.
    What's the campaign error? I'm still trying to figure out this thread.
    Eat yo vegetables

This has been debunked a thousand times over and it takes about two seconds of critical thought to understand why it's incredibly invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    What's the campaign error? I'm still trying to figure out this thread.
    Read it again, but slower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read it again, but slower.
    Explain it to me better.

What's the campaign error?
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Charityx View Post
    This has been debunked a thousand times over and it takes about two seconds of critical thought to understand why it's incredibly invalid.
    No point in explaining, they came for damage control, not for insight and opposing viewpoints.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrena View Post
    Such an ironic statement. Plenty of statistics and data that only serves to dig DEEPER into the issue to explain what causes the anomaly exists but it goes largely ignored. People like to say "they can't think critically" and "love their hyperboles" but ignore any amount of counter argument or closer examinations and would rather keep eating up the statistic that shows that overall woman make less because it agrees with their narrative.

Lets not pretend for a second if someone gave you a pin-point exact reason for the wage gap that had any answer other than "men are oppressing woman" that you would give any attention to it. It would be written off as the white males trying to cover their tracks.

How do I know this? Because that's already what has happened... Left LOVES to pretend to love statistics, but they're such novices. They love face-value statistics and loathe any sort of drill-down analysis on how or why those numbers exist, which is why they are so incredibly toxic and deemed "regressive". They never want to tackle causes, they try to bandaid fix every little thing they have an issue with and love to blame others.

You can do that, and you can go about your way to call me a racist, sexist, ignorant bigot if you'd like, but just realize, that most of the issues "progressive left" is so passionate about is actually worsened by their existence.

And just so you know for the sake of argument, I'd consider myself a centrist or moderate, I'm neither Democratic nor Republican (though every 4 years I'm forced to chose one) because there are aspects of both that need to be taken into consideration. Polarization has created drones on both sides who can't look at anything other than what their new outlets pass off as truth and denounce anything else as bigotted dogma.

Moral of the story: Don't be that person, stop taking everything for face values, and never align yourself too far in any direction. You will lose sight of reality.