Page 87 of 131 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Also keep in mind, everybody also wanted to reroll at this stage of the WOD beta.
    Rightfully so. It's not like it was a desired spec throughout most of WoD either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mortix View Post
    wait, so to get this straight, if we get the pants and use focused thunder, we get 2 charges of thunder focus tea and then additional 2 random?
    yes but if you get those pants you wouldn't be using focused thunder.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, beta launch mean that the class are pretty much finished, time to get ready to reroll?

Quote Originally Posted by Tryvia View Post
    So, beta launch mean that the class are pretty much finished, time to get ready to reroll?
    I am keeping hope until the end of July personally

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryvia View Post
    Really not looking forward to the new MW. But also don't really want to abandon the character I spend so much time with.
    Guess I'll at least try it out and see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    I am keeping hope until the end of July personally
    too optimistic.

posting in the beta thread all we can do at this point.
    Last edited by xdmemes; 2016-05-13 at 12:43 AM.

In WOD the healing tuning was done on the day mythic opened. So numbers aren't really the issue until then.

Focus feedback on utility and talents/spells that needs a mechanical pass, I don't really expect talents to change at this point, but if people tell them about mechanical issues of some talents (Essence Font), they might listen.

Let's hope it won't be 90% about Soothing Mist.

Also, feel free to give feedback about leveling as a mistweaver and how dps is and why you probably swapped to windwalker due to how bad it was. I tried hard, not sure we got any improvements about it.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    it's going to be 90% soothing mist because people circlejerk it.

people are ignoring that active soothing mist fixes no problems with the class and only services "mah fantasy"

Deleted
    people who are not in beta can't give feedback, right? That's a shame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mortix View Post
    people who are not in beta can't give feedback, right? That's a shame.
    I think you can on the official forums? Just because someone doesn't have the beta, doesn't mean they can't give their opinion or feedback on it

Anyway, after following this thread since it's inception, I do wonder how many people are posting hyperboles. I get that a spec can be to your taste or not, but reading this thread, I get the impression that no Mythic guild would use a MW, and that they will be less common than owners of the Time Lost Proto Drake. (hey hyperbole!)

I just really wonder how many people are being led by the negativity... :/
    Last edited by mmoca8e5207dce; 2016-05-13 at 11:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand how it's hyperbole. There isn't a reason to actively seek out a mistweaver monk right now in Legion. Just like there wasn't a reason to seek out a holy priest in 6.2.

If you have a mistweaver and you're a world 250 and beyond guild, having a mistweaver isn't going to halt your progression. But as soon as you get into the real of "competitive raiding" mistweaver isn't a class that exists in world of warcraft.

It's also not anyone's fault here if people read "mistweaver sucks in mythic because it lacks tools/utility" as "omg mistweaver sucks dick in general".
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2016-05-13 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    it's going to be 90% soothing mist because people circlejerk it.

people are ignoring that active soothing mist fixes no problems with the class and only services "mah fantasy"
    what problems though? class plays fine as is. I hear people complaining about too complicated all the time, class is ez
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    My issue with the gold cost is that it seems rather unfair towards healers and tanks.. so it really seems like a tax that punishes you for being a healer or a tank. So you queue for a dungeon or LFR, you have to pay 100 gold if you are selected for an off-spec.

It's just an annoyance...
    Just in case any of you missed it, you won't have to pay to swap specs when you queue for dungeons/LFR/battlegrounds. You get auto-specced into what you queued as, for free.
    =
    Bowick
    Mistweaver Monk

Officer @ The Raven Council - EU

I don't understand how it's hyperbole. There isn't a reason to actively seek out a mistweaver monk right now in Legion. Just like there wasn't a reason to seek out a holy priest in 6.2.

If you have a mistweaver and you're a world 250 and beyond guild, having a mistweaver isn't going to halt your progression. But as soon as you get into the real of "competitive raiding" mistweaver isn't a class that exists in world of warcraft.

It's also not anyone's fault here if people read "mistweaver sucks in mythic because it lacks tools/utility" as "omg mistweaver sucks dick in general".
    I remember seeing mistweavers in top3 mythic manno/arch kills...

Quote Originally Posted by zox2 View Post
    There's a difference between farm and progression, MWs have solo healed Arch, geared to the teeth and well played. The problem comes that at low gear levels (like progressions where ilevels are low) than other healers are often quite stronger, brings strong raid tools which in top 100 guilds offsets the lack of gear.

When MWs worry about tools we bring outside of just throughput, they worry about not being benched on progression.

And this does have a trickle down effect because representation at high levels encourage players at low levels to try out a class. When Holy Paladins are well represented, are doing cool things people are inspired to play that class. Whether we like it or not Mistweaver is very low in representation, monks in general have terrible retention rates and that is partly to do with an unorthodox style (that a lot of us love unfortunately), but puts people off from picking us up. MWs are just not seen at all levels being strong so unfortunately there is a real stigma that when a MW is shown dominating in any way it has to do with the class being broken and needing nerfs.

Legion's MW changes make us a lot closer to other healers and the weirdness of the class has been gotten rid of. But there really isn't anything cool that this class does either now. We'll be good, but we won't be great like Druid/Paladins will be, and arguably Disc/Holy Priests. There really isn't anything MW does that's flashy like a wings or a savage roar totem that attracts players by 'cool things' either. So MW won't be so bad it's unplayable, but I seriously doubt it will be represented as a core healer in a progression guild.
    Last edited by Myta; 2016-05-13 at 09:07 PM.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zox2 View Post
    After we've been given bandaid t18.
    Slightly OT: I wonder how come the class trinket isn't some top notch increase, guess they must've fucked that up too. I literally don't understand their thinking, t18 has literally no synergy with class trinket.

except people aren't seeing "mistweaver sucks in mythic because it lacks tools/utility" because people keep seeing " lol misterweaver bad, time to reroll!"

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point, I can really see myself maining a mistweaver for Legion. I'll just have to be constantly drunk in order to enjoy it.

Druid, Paladin or Monk, at this point... Probably Druid.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captnrex View Post
    except people aren't seeing "mistweaver sucks in mythic because it lacks tools/utility" because people keep seeing " lol misterweaver bad, time to reroll!"
    That's exactly what I meant, really

Quote Originally Posted by Suplift

See, the first part, is what I mean with hyperbole, since (as you put it later in your reply) there is a reason to actively seek out a MW, unless you're a competitive rading guild - because then you won't, and I totally understand that. But what if you're not in that category? What if you're someone who does like the new incarnation of MW and want to raid? Monkioh and you (as two sources that I respect and trust) say that that is no problem.

But, people reading "omg mw is useless, better reroll" could be led by negativity whilst they could have fun, and actually be a decent asset to a (non-hardcore) raiding guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowman View Post
    But, people reading "omg mw is useless, better reroll" could be led by negativity whilst they could have fun, and actually be a decent asset to a (non-hardcore) raiding guild.
    Playing devil's advocate here, if those people are just skimming the thread and aren't reading any of the ACTUAL discussion and are put off by the negative posts, they probably aren't the type of player to get the most out of the class anyway and they won't be missed