Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    Another post that basically translates to: "I'm complaining about something that isn't an issue."

Have you opened the group finder window? Or checked out community sites that organize raids?
    These are the reasons why guilds are struggling, people can raid any time they want, with no commitment and can be total assholes to the entire group and rage hard if they want, after all, they'll never seen these people again and if they get kicked, they'll hop into a new group within minutes and continue.

When I saw the premade group finder announcement, and even before that, with OpenRaid and .. what was that mod no one uses anymore?
    I told what guildmates I hadn't lost to real life obligations, that rebuilding would be nearly impossible and I wasn't going to try.

I offered to run a smaller group and PUG what we needed on nights we wanted to raid but what a shock, without the social aspect of it, the rest of 'em quit too. (I still talk to them outside of WoW but none of them play anymore.)
    Group finder?
    Really?
    In the first few weeks that a raid is out, are you going to have success with group finder? Nope.
    Go try it and see how that works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Group finder?
    Really?
    In the first few weeks that a raid is out, are you going to have success with group finder? Nope.
    Go try it and see how that works out.
    It worked fine when BRF and HFC both came out for me and worked until I found a guild that I enjoy to be apart of and it still works for Alts

Currently if you want to raid and make any sort of decent progress you need to commit to a guild. For most gamers this simply isn't feasible as keeping to a video game schedule isn't something they want to do.

As a result we've seen that subscriber numbers have diminished substantially.

If you look at other games, they all have matchmaking which allow you to play the game at the highest level without sacrificing your real life.

Why hasn't Blizz also done this?
    Please stop making troll threads. Nobodys this stupid. Yet people think you are actually serious.
    Last edited by Amantino; 2016-05-13 at 08:27 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantino View Post
    Please stop making troll threads. Nobodys this stupid. Yet people think you are actually serious.
    i think OP is actually serious, and that saddens me greatly
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Currently if you want to raid and make any sort of decent progress you need to commit to a guild. For most gamers this simply isn't feasible as keeping to a video game schedule isn't something they want to do.

If you look at other games, they all have matchmaking which allow you to play the game at the highest level without sacrificing your real life.

you can, it's called pugging...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    i think OP is actually serious, and that saddens me greatly
    Of course he's not. This is the level of stupidity that would result in someone randomly dying before the age of 10. Walking in front of a train or a bus. Or keep hitting the head in the door over and over and over, not realizing it's bad, until dying. Someone born without a brain will not survive for long. Survival of the fittest.

Quote Originally Posted by LordSpaztic View Post
    Majority of Raiding's decline is people being stuck on podunk servers & friends.

Smaller Servers have a much harder time filling a competent roster. People are more reluctant to leave behind friends.
    Transferring is an option, but that's a player's choice and so far people are not transferring.

Sure you have the LFG tool, but that's intimidating as a sole person. And Mythic isn't open during the first patch anyhow.

Short Answer is Population. There is people who want to raid but are stuck.
    Mix that with people not wanting to roll the dice on a new server or pay to keep transferring toons.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slade1135 View Post
    The reason is that it's an MMO. Doing that would defeat the entire purpose of the game even existing.
    There's still lots of other aspects to the game that makes it a MMO.
    World bosses, world pvp etc etc.

could you link me your globals, challenger and 7k mmr accounts which you in particular certainly should have since playing at the highest level without spending any time is so easy.

You have LFR, cool story bro. If you don't want to commit stick to where you belong, with the other people who don't want to, in the trash that is known as LFR.

actually... having a Mythic LFR would be a cool idea. Give it a high ilvl req. Make you Loot locked for a Boss you might kill but without getting an ID so you can still raid with your Guild

you want a matchmaking feature for mythic raids?
    I dont know what other games you are refering to but ic an promise you that being qued into mythic raids with 19 randoms is gonna be a wipefest of doom.
    The only ppl that is ever gonna be able to successfully pug mythic raids are the ppl that have already progressed it with their guilds.
    for the random players that dont have time to commit its going to be a nightmare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    OP is asking for mythic level LFR I believe.
    No. Other games have matchmaking for top level play. Why not this game?

No you definitely do not need to commit to a guild unless you're doing mythic. It's people spreading fallacious things like this that is why some don't raid.

Because it wouldn't work.

Can you tell one ? Destiny isn't top level play just so you know.

Deleted

if anything making raiding more accessible it actualy made raids less appealing becouse content what everybody can do, see and have little to exclusivity isnt exactly appeialing content to do. Even for casual player.

If you dont have time or you dont want guild just leave this game it isnt for you.
    Last edited by mmoca9a2d58f1f; 2016-05-14 at 02:11 AM.

Tennisace thread: check
    Nonsense in OP: check

Now we just need some bullshit nonsense about equality and it's a complete Tennisace thread.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Since you're refusing to pay attention to the innumerable people giving very specific reasons why this wouldn't work, would you like to share with us how you'd like to achieve "top level matchmaking" in a PvE video game?

basing this on what now? what a silly claim.