Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Looks stupid and cheesy honestly, that half orc woman makeup is terrible.

"Warcraft, the beginning". I think Ned Stark knows what's supposed to happen after this movie:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nvn View Post
    Looks stupid and cheesy honestly, that half orc woman makeup is terrible.
    It isn't makeup. The more people know, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    It isn't makeup. The more people know, right?

This isn't makeup? Looks like they just painted her green.

The tattoos and fangs are practical, the skin colour is CGI.

For some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's CGI.

Deleted
    It's computer "make-up".

Deleted
    So it's a terrible application for CGI, probably because the actress didn't want to paint herself every time or because it's just more convenient.

Doesn't change the fact that she looks just an human with painted skin.

So it's a terrible application for CGI, probably because the actress didn't want to paint herself every time or because it's just more convenient.

Doesn't change the fact that she looks just an human with painted skin.
    There's probably a reason. CGI is way more expensive, after all. There may be some "orcish details" that we haven't seen in the trailers or something.

While the Warcraft RTS was very fun, I just wonder how much plot can be useful for a full feature movie. The game was all about combat, and that is what the trailer seems to be like too. Mindless CGI fighting, battle after battle. My expectations are already very low, since good movies seem to belong to the past, or far in-between among current movies. It doesn't help it reminds me of various comic book movies, IP resurrections and / or remakes, that I could have easily avoided and not noticed.

Finally, the dubstep music. OK dupstep requires talent and is great for someone out on the street performing. It's a poor mans orchestra, essentially. Why didn't something huge like Warcraft go with an orchestra, to a standard of current Blizzard products. They may as well have used MIDI. I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    While the Warcraft RTS was very fun, I just wonder how much plot can be useful for a full feature movie. The game was all about combat, and that is what the trailer seems to be like too. Mindless CGI fighting, battle after battle. My expectations are already very low, since good movies seem to belong to the past, or far in-between among current movies. It doesn't help it reminds me of various comic book movies, IP resurrections and / or remakes, that I could have easily avoided and not noticed.

Finally, the dubstep music. OK dupstep requires talent and is great for someone out on the street performing. It's a poor mans orchestra, essentially. Why didn't something huge like Warcraft go with an orchestra, to a standard of current Blizzard products. They may as well have used MIDI. I don't get it.
    So. You didn't watch the clips this thread is about, just the awful trailers that were released a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    So. You didn't watch the clips this thread is about, just the awful trailers that were released a while ago.
    Watched em all for whatever insight could be gleamed.

Watched em all for whatever insight could be gleamed.
    And you heard any dubstep in them?

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    It looks pretty cheesy, borderline cartoonish. So many of the actors looks like teenagers, specially Khadgar.
    Khadgar was 17 in the last guardian.

And you heard any dubstep in them?
    I heard a synthesized orchestra. Close enough.

Deleted

I think they should have gone for a more realistic and less videogamey look, there's a reason why every videogame movie sucks...they just look stupid.

The warcraft plot itself isn't bad but it's obviously made for a videogame.

10+ Year Old Account
    The movie itself has a full orchestral score from the same composer that did Game of Thrones and other things. Trailer music rarely features music from the movie itself unless the movie is already a franchised series where they can use music from the previous movies. Trailers are products of a marketing department for the most part.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I don't know what is worse, morons who think Khadgar looks too young (He was born 100) or people who are in full defense mode? If a moron claims Khadgar should look 100 in WC1, you are better off just ignoring that guy.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they should have gone for a more realistic and less videogamey look, there's a reason why every videogame movie sucks...they just look stupid.

The warcraft plot itself isn't bad but it's obviously made for a videogame.

Unlike the "deep" plot of LOTR, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post

Unlike the "deep" plot of LOTR, right?
    I liked lotr when I was a teenager but now I just think it's bland and boring.

But that's how they should have made the warcraft movie, not with this dumb videogame style.

But that's how they should have made the warcraft movie, not with this dumb videogame style.
    What does "videogame style" mean exactly? The visuals?

What is the "videogame style" you're referring to?

What does "videogame style" mean exactly? The visuals?
    Beat me to it.