Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Using that information, you should be able to negotiate pay.
    But negotiation power is more than just looking up stats. It's the ability to hold out for more pay, for example, which requires money/assets to sit back on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    But negotiation power is more than just looking up stats. It's the ability to hold out for more pay, for example, which requires money/assets to sit back on.
    As greenspan noted at one point the wonderful thing about debt is that it's cured the labor market. You are much less likely to pursue better standard of living if you've got a mortgage to keep up. You are alone much less likely to agitate if the reserve army of labor is always ready to step in.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    Not the first time i've linked this, but listen and come back, tell us what you think

http://freakonomics.com/podcast/the-...radio-podcast/
    My favorite line is "The implication is that women are being discriminated against. True, they earn less, but, does that mean women are receiving lower pay for equal work? That is possibly the case in certain places, but by and large it's not that. It's something else."
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    The conspiracy theory that's backed up by hard data? Silly people....

http://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2015/wom...gs-in-2014.htm

http://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2016/wom...occupation.htm
    hard data if you are a teenager and dont notice not a single variable outside of gender is taken into consideration. The narrative is deliberately worded to sound like women get paid less for the same work which is illegal and not true.

the only way to fix this is to assign quotas and in addition force people into work they dont want.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was hoping she slipped up and said "nigger" or something. let a little bit more of that closet racist come out.

don't really understand why this is big?
    Of itself, it is not that much of a big deal, But it may have caused a crack, Enough cracks in a platform over time, can weaken it. And this is what I think we will see as the general election gets closer. The gap between Hillary and Trump is going to get tighter. Recent polls have already revealed it is happening. While I do not have a lot of faith in polls in general, they can indicate trends. Politicians can get lucky and I think Trump may be lucky he is running against Hillary. Bernie however, another story.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    You mean like your lot does about bathroom safety?
    Kind of a silly argument, and I probably should, but I'll be the bad guy here. The problem I personally have with this has little to do with perverts and safety (though, there are concerns about that, and it's not factual that it has 0 grounding as a concern), is that its a slippery slope. I consider people who are "transgender" to be mentally ill (no offense meant), which is derived from a person feeling like they must present themselves a particular way to be accepted in society. Males acting masculine and females acting feminine, for example. Catering to a VERY small percentage of the community to please them at the risk of upsetting the security and normalcy for the masses is questionable, and has already opened doors to more and more outrageous demands.

We're picking policies apart and throwing out bigot buzzwords to encourage a mental illness at the cost of everyone else. If we're totally honest, it doesn't matter how you look (I've seen the pictures), biologically if you're female, you're a female, if you're male, you're male. If you doctor yourself up to look like something else and then have issues abiding with policies, you really only have yourself to blame. No one told you to do that and all the time, struggles comes with people making questionable decisions. The problem for many people is questioning "where do you draw the line?" We have about a million sex types and sexual orientations now and even trans-species. At some point someone has to say "no, you cannot get away with this just because you've had surgery" and feel a certain special way today.

Granted this is a long-shot, and I hope it never gets to this point, but it's only a few steps away from asking for unique personal identification for people with MPD (multiple-personality disorder), and expecting laws to abide to their changing personality.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Is your disappointment in Hilary because she misquoted Trump, or because she made reference to a gender pay gap, or is it something else that went above my head?
    Her quote which one would assume is bashing Trump makes him sound like he is advocating that women deserve to be paid the same as a man if you're equally skilled.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    You mean like your lot does about bathroom safety?
    My lot? Sorry I'm a registered Dem buddy. But hey let's try to sling things instead of actually addressing what was brought up. The bathroom thing doesn't even remotely equate to feminists making up this gender wage gap nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Hillary's got nothing else going for her other than to try and paint herself as the victim.
    That's rich coming from you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    I'm guessing Hillary is suggesting that Trump believes the gender pay gap exists because women don't measure up to the standards of men in the work place. And if women ever reach the standard of men they will receive equal pay.
    That's what he said. Does anyone expect anything different from Trump at this point?
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    My lot? Sorry I'm a registered Dem buddy. But hey let's try to sling things instead of actually addressing what was brought up. The bathroom thing doesn't even remotely equate to feminists making up this gender wage gap nonsense.
    Yes your lot...if you're going to bang on about extremism it works both ways. Calling one a fake issue while being in support of another is hypocrisy.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    T

I am not sure this will cause a crack for the dedicated fans.
    Hardly anything would do that to either of them.
    Trump said he'd force the military to commit war crimes and his popularity only rose among his fans.
    That is a good point and I agree. It is the undecided ones however both sides are trying to convince.

His fans laughs at such statements too, knowing he is not serous and they like the idea of someone who is not like the establishment who lies politely.

I'll say this until the election is over -- my raw feelings on both Clinton and Trump -- they are both HORRIBLE choices to be President. Though Hillary has worse things in her history than Trump from the stand point of impacting the security of the nation. Amazes me to no end how people, supposed Americans, just breeze over that stuff like its nothing.

But anyway I'll vote for Trump for two reasons, and unless a miracle happens and he really impresses me with something else in the next 6 months, these are the only two reasons why I'll vote for Trump....

1. Hillary is the greater of two evils in my mind (but Trump is a close 2nd) ....and she's essentially going to be Obama 2.0 which concerns the shit out of me to be honest.

2. SCOTUS.....Supreme Court of the United States my friends.....very soon there could be as many as 3 SCOTUS judges leaving (this isn't a secret they are OLD, very OLD) .. Hillary will no doubt go full Liberal with her SCOTUS appointments....that would be HORRIBLE for our nation, the thought of an unbalanced SCOTUS for possibly 20-30 years...that's WORSE than who's president. I think Trump at the very least would NOT go full Liberal with his appointments....so we have a better chance BY FAR for balance on the SCOTUS with Trump rather than with Clinton.

... and its no secret she hates the 2nd amendment how its written right now. I could easily see her making it one of her goals to at the least re-write the amendment to change so only militia has the right to bear arms...

If you go "so...I'm against guns too"....think a little deeper please....if she changes one amendment what's to say she'll stop there?

And that's that.
    Last edited by Mytheros; 2016-05-14 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Im pretty sure her biggest mistake was barking like a dog when trying to make fun of republicans...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtlXkJGKwao

1:05, im still laughing.

I love that part too xD It once got shown on the Late Show when Colbert wanted to show a "Clip out of Context' and it went to her barking and then came back--fantastic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    No. She's pointing out correctly that women get paid less. I take what Trump said to mean that the reason women get paid less is because they don't do as good of a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Ooh, I should totally click on a link called freakonomics because that totally sounds like a trustworthy source.

I'm going to follow Eurostat, the European Commision and the European Parliament on this.

Perhaps I will listen to your link if you will read this: http://www.jec.senate.gov/public/_ca...s-appendix.pdf
    The tl;dr of it? "You are wrong."
    Feakonomics is actually the name of a book written by the same guys that do the podcast, Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner (the book came first). I'll let you look up their wiki's, but suffice it to say, they aren't random nobodies.

And honestly, I would totally say that, politically, they are definitely more left leaning. So if they had an agenda it would be to say that the Gap does exist, except that they don't. Instead the talk to a woman who's studied the issue extensively.

LMFAO !!! The gender wage gap is a myth. The "data" that is passed around by feminazis and try hard Liberal arts majors is just sad. That doesn't even include the type of work females do compared to men. Men do more physical jobs that women don't want to do but which end up paying more like union labor jobs . A lot of women just work at a retail store, do child care, etc. It is stupid how this "cold hard data" has no controls. Its bullshit.

It has no control for which type of jobs each gender do and which position they are in, and how many hours they work (overtime), etc..

15+ Year Old Account
    Trump supporters think Hillary just nuked her campaign with this.

In reality nothing has changed.

Trump supporters will keep believing every little thing hillary does destroys her, mostly because Trump is still failing in the polls and they're trying desperately to tell themselves that she's going to misstep and Trump is going to win.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Am I the only one who read it as " you will get paid less even if you do as good as men"? We all know Trump has mastered many things...including English.

anyone who thinks Hillary cares about women need to understand she under pays women that work for her.

Trump plans on putting his daughter in charge of his company if he becomes president.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Trump supporters think Hillary just nuked her campaign with this.

In reality nothing has changed.

Trump supporters will keep believing every little thing hillary does destroys her, mostly because Trump is still failing in the polls and they're trying desperately to tell themselves that she's going to misstep and Trump is going to win.
    Trump has run his campaign of promise of self funding. That he is an outsider. That he can't be bought. Today he has decided to go out and beg rich people for money. Response to this? He never said that he will fund himself all the way through. Die killary die, you crooked crook. Bill sleeps around. Killary got paid by Iran.

These people are sick, on both sides. Perhaps pathetic is better word.

Deleted
    Trump's absolutely right.

Dear Hillary, time to retire.