Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Question Why are people against wendys self service kiosk ?

I don't understand why people are angry about wendys going with ordering kiosks. A kiosk won't give you an attitude or talk about you behind your back. I don't eat fast food anymore but I see nothing but benefits.

Not long until robots are "cooking" the food too. And I say "cooking" because thats barely whats being done now.

Breightbart isn't legit but I don't doubt they are trying to automate the fast food business. I've never been fond of the idea of getting my food from people who hate their jobs so I'm for it in a way.

Still hate to see jobs go away, lots of immigrants got their starts in fast food places, not to mention students.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

well i'm not sure about the source, but you will find a lot of people also avoid self checkout at grocery stores. people desire human interaction, and i suppose in a so-called restaurant it helps preserve the illusion that it's lovingly cooked just for you instead of being part of a machine churning out reheated frozen food.

10+ Year Old Account
    We already know there's automation coming to various jobs. The kiosk isn't really replacing a person as most people in food service are more than cashiers. Basically all the kiosk does is streamline food purchases, the same as a ticket kiosk does when going to a movie theater.

Now if you want to talk about automation replacing jobs you should meet ROSS -- The world's first AI Attorney who will be taking over the bankruptcy practice of a law firm currently staffed by 50 lawyers. http://futurism.com/artificially-int...cial-law-firm/

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not against automation, but I do think it's wrong to blame raising wages on automation.

Automation is coming even if we don't raise worker wages. There's nothing, short of banning automation entirely, we can do to stop it.
    Putin khuliyo

I dont go to Wendys normally, times are too hard.

I have used the one at McDonalds, at least I can make sure my order is entered properly.

7+ Year Old Account
    I simply refuse to use them and demand in-person service.

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    I dont go to Wendys normally, times are too hard.

I have used the one at McDonalds, at least I can make sure my order is entered properly.
    This. I flipping LOVE the ones at Mcdonalds. Maybe subjective too, but the one near me's accuracy and speed has gone up 3 fold.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    I simply refuse to use them and demand in-person service.
    Why? I honestly can't imagine wanting to speak to some sweaty little 19 year old to get my food... less shes hot or something?
    "Well shit, ya'll have fun now"

Quote Originally Posted by teddytous View Post
    This. I flipping LOVE the ones at Mcdonalds. Maybe subjective too, but the one near me's accuracy and speed has gone up 3 fold.

Why? I honestly can't imagine wanting to speak to some sweaty little 19 year old to get my food... less shes hot or something?
    Menu does not say 2 Hashbrowns are $1, just that one is $0.89. Kiosk has where I can order 2 for $1, and I have a dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    Not long until robots are "cooking" the food too. And I say "cooking" because thats barely whats being done now.
    They already do.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

People who look at the short term are against automation. In the end, automation is happening and simply reflects our tech evolution. Ultimately it's a good thing.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Is there a pleasure model?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Menu does not say 2 Hashbrowns are $1, just that one is $0.89. Kiosk has where I can order 2 for $1, and I have a dollar.
    That sounds like an oddly specific complain they would fix if mentioned.

They have most the deals programmed in, so much so that several "get food free" exploits have popped up just from adding the right things.
    "Well shit, ya'll have fun now"

If these fucking retards could ever get an order right, they might qualify for a raise.

I swear you can order 2 drinks and one of them will be wrong.

Some people here claim to love the new automation. Every place I've seen that uses it, the customers hate it. They'd much rather deal with a cashier than stand in a line trying to figure out how to use a GUI they've never seen before. Then the weight sensors at grocery stores are a pain in the ass; some items are just annoying as fuck and you end up needing a cashier at the automated checkout anyway.

Take the Sprint store for example: They don't even accept payments at the counter any more. They have a little kiosk you have to pay your bills at. People walk in the store hoping to hand their money to a cashier; and end up getting directed to the line at the kiosk with people struggling to stick their folded dollar bills into it and not getting any change back.

They're great in theory; practice is another story. All these people thinking total business automation is just around the corner are dreaming. And then the ones determined to argue that McDonalds is just one minimum wage increase away from replacing their entire staff to save on labor costs - LOL. Face reality.

I'm guessing the same people who can't stand the cashiers trying to take their orders are going to be the same people who don't have the patience to deal with a problem with their self-service machine when it crops up. The problem, ultimately... is you.
    Last edited by Daerio; 2016-05-14 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    If these fucking retards could ever get an order right, they might qualify for a raise.

I swear you can order 2 drinks and one of them will be wrong.
    They would still be replaced by robots though.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Also think I will stop going to Wendy's now.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

A Carl's jr near me put in kiosks in their location. They couldn't keep enough employee's to fully staff the location so that was their solution.

Kiosks run the counter. Manager is there for questions. Humans still cook the food though.

I have no issue with kiosks. I use the self checkout aisles all the time. Sometimes I just feel like being lazy and I go to a manned lane though.

I did read an article recently that a company in California is due to release a automated fast food kitchen (load it with condiments, raw hamburger, buns and wrapping and its good to go), meant in 2017-2018. Don't remember the name, they did say the price point for one unit is in the 85-110k range (USD).
    The Right isn't universally bad. The Left isn't universally good. The Left isn't universally bad. The Right isn't universally good. Legal doesn't equal moral. Moral doesn't equal legal. Illegal doesn't equal immoral. Immoral doesn't equal illegal.

Have a nice day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    well i'm not sure about the source, but you will find a lot of people also avoid self checkout at grocery stores. people desire human interaction, and i suppose in a so-called restaurant it helps preserve the illusion that it's lovingly cooked just for you instead of being part of a machine churning out reheated frozen food.
    I would argue self checkout is avoided due to having to many items as well as certain items like produce cannot be scanned by the buyer. Also arguing for human interaction while buying fast food just seems odd to me. If I wanted human interaction while getting food if go to a restaurant, people get fast food to get in and out about their business
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me