The way I see it, the spider is a status symbol, a very easy and sure way to see who's a real rich man and can afford to throw away 2kk for a mount, or a super dedicated person who is willing to spend all his money on a single mount.

Alpha people, any new spell effects in the new build?

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Alpha people, any new spell effects in the new build?
    Chilled to the Core got a proper animation. Still a bit bugged.

Deleted
    I have a theory that it won't be that hard to get the spider during Legion, possibly, but that's off topic in this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by whisperingsage View Post
    I don't understand how that applies to minor glyphs?
    That might be true, it's not necessary in general, but, I still think Blizzard's design's paradigm includes it. They want to keep class design relatively tidy which is certainly true for major abilities, certainly true for major glyphs and I get a sense it extends almost certainly to the minor stuff. Also various minor glyphs used to have relatively powerful effects depended on the special situation (e.g. glyphs that make people walk on water, pickpocket easier, blink differently,).

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Because a 2,000,000g spider mount is desirable?
    bags from the same vendor that cost 500k each are even more desirable tbh

I wish the mage got anything new in the past forever years. The thing that I wish would get love in legion is the talents, picking your talents as a mage is just a tedious boring "Meh-fest" where you get little to no new interesting synergies or fun buttons.

The spec's have the spells they need the artifacts look pretty good, but the talent tree is just a boring dated mess.

when I look at other spec's talent choices they look like they get to have a lot more fun and interesting ways to play a a specialization... then I look at the mage tree's and see 3 tiers not change, while the rest just has color swaps with uninspired and outdated boringness...

Half of me wants to switch and half of me wants to play it safe and stick with my mage that I have been playing foreveeeer.

Quote Originally Posted by Barcasaur View Post
    when I look at other spec's talent choices they look like they get to have a lot more fun and interesting ways to play a a specialization... then I look at the mage tree's and see 3 tiers not change, while the rest just has color swaps with uninspired and outdated boringness...
    Then you look at Flame Patch (something Flamestrike used to do without the need of a talent) and Fire Starter which is dogshit and you wonder if a 5 year old designed the talents.

"We listen to feedback" my ass. If they did, they'd have changed our shit talents by now.

Not to mention what they did to Living Bomb is unforgivable. They took a sledgehammer to a spec that really needed a wrench. Oh but at least they gave is a pretty paint job. -_-
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2016-05-12 at 03:19 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Then you look at Flame Patch (something Flamestrike used to do without the need of a talent) and Fire Starter which is dogshit and you wonder if a 5 year old designed the talents.

"We listen to feedback" my ass. If they did, they'd have changed our shit talents by now.

Not to mention what they did to Living Bomb is unforgivable. They took a sledgehammer to a spec that really needed a wrench. Oh but at least they gave is a pretty paint job. -_-
    They listened to multiple aspects of things that you yourself asked for, in this very alpha cycle, just not all of it.
    Your memory is so short, yes the talent tree could still do with a lot of improvement but don't then just pretend they did literally nothing.

If they didn't listen to feedback, Ice Block would still be a talent.

Rather than say "they don't listen to feedback" (demonstrably untrue), instead say "they made some really poor decisions".
    If you couple your feedback with statements that are obviously not correct, you further reduce the chance that anyone will actually read and act upon them. This may be why specifically your feedback feels like it wasn't listened to
    Last edited by Imnick; 2016-05-12 at 03:37 PM.

Deleted
    Or, they may have changed the talents as some people think they should, if those people weren't blatantly wrong or if they weren't a minority. For instance I keep reading about "wrong" talent rows and most of them look great, with the major exception of that ice floes one which still makes sense but for pvp only.

currently refusing to spec out of living bomb on retail to get as much enjoyment out of the spell as I can before legion pre-patch hits and destroys it

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Or, they may have changed the talents as some people think they should, if those people weren't blatantly wrong or if they weren't a minority.
    most of the fire mage talent rows are crap choices vs more crap choices, and the people complaining about them are neither the minority or wrong
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2016-05-12 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Or, they may have changed the talents as some people think they should, if those people weren't blatantly wrong
    There are things which are objectively true, there are things which goes beyond "rightness and wrongness" by being based on feelings and subjective experiences and, yes, there are things which might be objectively wrong.

Examples.

Objectively true: mages have 5 talent rows which are damage oriented.
    Based on feelings: RoP hinders our movement and I don't like it.
    Might be objectively false: Mirror Image will never be competitive (it's wrong because blizz could increase its damage by 1000% and make it the best damage talent. It can be tuned in a "unhealthy" way, but that's another story).

or if they weren't a minority
    If the only changes happening are the ones asked by 10 milion players (jk, they were down to 5 milions several months ago, I don't even want to know the current number), no change will never happen.

Don't call for the majority, because there will never be a 50%+ 1 mages asking for the same thing, let alone asking something to begin with, let alone doing it at the same time.

I guess we can see how fallacious the logic "minority = not worth of consideration" is, can't we?

As a bonus side note of the day, keep in mind that many players might even be unable to give proper feedback. They might want changes, but do not know what the best change might be.

So majority isn't necessarily something positive. 10 extremely experienced players give way better feedback than 1000 players who played casually for 1 month and do not even know themeselves what their main class and spec and main activities are.

For instance I keep reading about "wrong" talent rows and most of them look great
    Bring some example if you don't mind, and I'll give you my PoV, if you want it in the first place, surely

with the major exception of that ice floes one which still makes sense but for pvp only.
    Well it seems we have already found something to start working on

10+ Year Old Account
    So for example, my reorganized Arcane talents tree is a step back from what we have now in beta? I don't think so, and the majority of Arcane Mages surely would prefer my reorganized talents tree rather than the one of Blizzard. And I only changed the organization!

If Blizzard truly want, they can solve a lot of annoyances we still suffer at the beta for little or no effort...

From the TC forum Celestalon has said that PH will indeed trigger ignite
    "No, Phoenix's Flames will be able to trigger Ignite. Just a bug."

Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    From the TC forum Celestalon has said that PH will indeed trigger ignite
    "No, Phoenix's Flames will be able to trigger Ignite. Just a bug."
    This is pretty damn sweet. Made my day after not getting beta invited.

Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    The raid tests from yesterday

Xavius Heroic

Skorpyron Mythic (kill)

Fire Mage is fine
    Great videos. Do you plan on raiding as Fire in Legion? Which spec do you think will be the strongest in The Emerald Nightmare?

So I'm idling in Dalaran waiting for this phasing issue to be fixed, and I start seeing all the Mage NPCs buffing themselves with Mage Armors and Arcane Intellect. It turns out the Mage NPCs frequently do this as flavor. Cool right?

Then I remember Blizzard has taken away those abilities from us, but is audacious enough to constantly remind us we can't anymore while we're anywhere in Dalaran.

Is it me, or is that pretty shitty?

I think it's just you having an easily bruised ego to be honest.
    You're taking a tiny NPC detail crafted years ago as a personal attack, intentionally designed by blizzard to "audaciously and constantly remind you that you can't do this any more".

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Just your thoughts on the matter itself (not me), would have sufficed. My own opinion was obviously going to offend someone but I felt context was needed. Boy are you quick to judge though.

I miss being able to swap armors, and I'm sure it'd annoy me a bit seeing NPC mages being able to do stuff we can't anymore (like the horde fire mage casting Blizzard), but it seems a little weird to say that Blizzard's doing that sort of thing as a malicious jab at anyone who plays a mage.
    Last edited by Sarm; 2016-05-14 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarm View Post
    I miss being able to swap armors, and I'm sure it'd annoy me a bit seeing NPC mages being able to do stuff we can't anymore (like the horde fire mage casting Blizzard), but it seems a little weird to say that Blizzard's doing that sort of thing as some sort of malicious jab at anyone who plays a mage.
    I said audacious because I think it is a bold move. They removed the Mage Armors, and it didn't appear to be widely accepted; Mage Armor was a big PvP change and was met with the most disagreement on that end.

Then you've got Arcane Brilliance which is in my opinion an iconic staple of the Mage RPG aspect in WoW. We've always brought our food and buffs. I can sort of? understand the idea behind "cleaning up" classes even more and getting rid of more non-essentials, but how far is this going to go really?

More and more gets removed. Sometimes it even comes back as a choice rather than baseline, and is called "new"

Ultimately though, why keep the idea of "Mage Armors" and "Arcane Brilliance" alive with NPCs, if our characters can't even do them anymore?

Are these in fact new NPCs or are they copies of ones that existed in the previous Dalaran, and thus inheritors of old behaviours?
    That would be the first place to check.