[Fishing] Is the artifact actually in?

Is the artifact actually available? Or is this yet another Test Item that will never see the light of day?

I have this weird hope that Blizzard actually does something with fishing oO

7+ Year Old Account
    It is in the data bank, so it should be an artifact, which you will get in the final version. It does indeed sound like an awesome addition to the fishing profession and i am looking forward to play with it
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Same, but I am a bit.. pessimistic. Blizzard promised a ton with fishing, but has yet to deliver on it. (over the course of the expansions)

Not been seen in alpha or beta yet. So I'm not sure if it made it in, or the source. Though it could be tied to the 110 zone.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

I want to know how we get it so I can focus on more important matters than leveling.

don't worry guys it's going live with 7.1
    but seriously hope they really deliver on the fishing/first aid and other goodies they hyped.

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    don't worry guys it's going live with 7.1
    but seriously hope they really deliver on the fishing/first aid and other goodies they hyped.
    Yea.. probably will be said "it'll be in 7.1!" then, "It'll be in an upcoming patch!" and finally "Sorry, it was this or a raid tier"

With El's Anglin website been down for quite some time and him possibly working for Blizzard, it could very well mean that there is more attention on fishing (and maybe other similar professions).

Quote Originally Posted by Geobram View Post
    With El's Anglin website been down for quite some time and him possibly working for Blizzard, it could very well mean that there is more attention on fishing (and maybe other similar professions).
    I hope so, the secondary professions can use an overhaul. Mists Cooking with the several different ways was awesome imo. But alas, they only decided to change cooking

So far on the beta fishing is exactly the same as it always has been. I'm yet to have anything special happen while fishing in Lost Isles

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see something like the Black Desert fishing implemented. Not the AFK part but the mini games (WASD) and values to traders, better poles with unique attributes. It's the best MMO fishing I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Geobram View Post
    Oh, I HOPE he's working for El's. I thought he had health problems or something. :-(