Thread: Beta invites

10+ Year Old Account
    11 years and not one invite. Ever.

And probably never will. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post

Same. The only time I've gotten beta is when I paid for the annual pass for MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post

This is what I am seeing across the board.

I know a circle of friends/guildmates of about thirty. About half of which I talk to at least a few times a week. Out of that, the six I know that got beta invites had unsubbed months ago while none of which that I know still subscribe have received one.

I am not saying this is an absolute rule across the board nor my sample size is remotely definitive but it reflects the usual Blizzard marketing of the last few years; throw everything in to getting the prodigal sons/daughters back in to the fold while treating those who remained loyal with general disinterest. Also now that we are in the beta proper we can expect a lot less interest from Blizzard in actual feedback on changes and the whole exercise being more of marketing tool/stress test based on past betas. As sleazy as it feels, to be fair, it really isn't all that surprising either.

Part of me would like to see if there is a correlation between those who have/have not preordered Legion yet and those who have/have not received a beta invite but the other half of me knows it would make zero difference either way. Blizzard will do what Blizzard does and with WoW so close to its twilight, I doubt they are going to have any sort of epiphany when it comes to the treatment of its loyal customer base.
    Last edited by Torais; 2016-05-14 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    This is what I am seeing across the board.

I know a circle of friends/guildmates of about thirty. About half of which I talk to at least a few times a week. Out of that, the six I know that got beta invites had unsubbed months ago while none of which that I know still subscribe have received one.

I am not saying this is an absolute rule across the board nor my sample size is remotely definitive but it reflects the usual Blizzard marketing of the last few years; throw everything in to getting the prodigal sons/daughters back in to the fold while treating those who remained loyal with general disinterest. Also now that we are in the beta proper we can expect a lot less interest from Blizzard in actual feedback on changes and the whole exercise being more of marketing tool/stress test based on past betas. As sleazy as it feels, to be fair, it really isn't all that surprising either.

Part of me would like to see if there is a correlation between those who have/have not preordered Legion yet and those who have/have not received a beta invite but the other half of me knows it would make zero difference either way. Blizzard will do what Blizzard does and with WoW so close to its twilight, I doubt they are going to have any sort of epiphany when it comes to the treatment of its loyal customer base.
    You're acting incredibly paranoid, how blizzard sends there invites out is purely random. Doesn't matter if subbed or unsubbed.

Pulling off the same routine I did with WoD, entering key giveaways and praying. Good luck to you all over the coming weeks.

Deleted
    Can someone make a list of all websites that are doing giveaways? Thanks.

still no invite
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

7+ Year Old Account
    Computer Log Day 2 or 3 of waiting for beta key. Its getting cold and I' am hungry so very hungry. I don't dare move away from the launcher in case I get the beta, but I can feel the beta staring at me just waiting for me to move away from the computer....so cold

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    If beta access means so much to you, why didn't you guys kill Archi mythic over last winter? I killed it raiding less than 8 hours per week as a tank during progress and got alpha. I think even LFR would take more than 8 hours per week if one was forced to wipe there so I think I invested my time wisely. All WoW betas have been given to people who cleared all content, it was a calculated move. After 10 years, people still pray for betas while they could just put in a tiny amount of work, raid a few hours each week and get beta 100% and stop complaining and hoping.
    I killed it in late February and didn't get access, you must have killed it last year to be able to get an invite.

Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    If beta access means so much to you, why didn't you guys kill Archi mythic over last winter? I killed it raiding less than 8 hours per week as a tank during progress and got alpha. I think even LFR would take more than 8 hours per week if one was forced to wipe there so I think I invested my time wisely. All WoW betas have been given to people who cleared all content, it was a calculated move. After 10 years, people still pray for betas while they could just put in a tiny amount of work, raid a few hours each week and get beta 100% and stop complaining and hoping.
    Maybe because current game sucks and we want to see if the next expansion is better?

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Maybe because current game sucks and we want to see if the next expansion is better?
    Well so far, even with all of the server crashes, DC's, lagging, bugs, etc, I can say that it is by far better --- coming from someone who has been sitting in the AH "playing the AH" for 8-10 hours per day waiting for my raids on live, or leveling alts rather, I am almost fully done with Val'Sharah as a demon hunter and I can comfortably say if it wasn't for all the crashes, and a new bug that phases all NPC's / monsters / quest objectives (in all zones of broken isles) I'd be happily addicted to it, and probably do a couple all nighters...

If nothing else, I'm relieved to hear that Legion is shaping up nicely.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    I doubt they are going to have any sort of epiphany when it comes to the treatment of its loyal customer base.
    I've been continuously subbed since the start of Vanilla. I'm still subbed now. I've been in every alpha/beta, including early Legion alpha. So I'd say your logic is flawed.

i was invited into the heroes of the storm alpha but barely played it, so i'm sure blizz won't invite me to anything ever again.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

Deleted
    Hi boys, Reporting back from the other side, and after playing a little bit on most dps specs:

-Graphical updates are amazing.
    -Beta is buggy.
    -Demon Hunters are very fun.
    -Demo Locks(!!!) and Enhance Shamans are also very fun.
    -My mains (DK, Mage) have disappointed me.
    -Did I mention demo locks?
    -They are fun.

Wowhead has a Beta Key giveaway giving away increasing numbers of keys every week.
    I'll try my luck there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does wowhead give out keys whenever or is it at each time when one of their phases end?

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Does wowhead give out keys whenever or is it at each time when one of their phases end?
    The latter.