Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    At face value, less people playing = less people buying tokens = less on the market, so prices rise.

My personal opinion? Blizz is lying out of its ass and artificially bumping the price up to make it a controlled gold sink they can set. As I've said from day 1 since the alleged mechanics of pricing were revealed, unless they reveal how many tokens are actually being bought and there's some way to see that supply/demand, Blizz can say the price is whatever they want it to be.

I got feeling of a dip coming the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantos View Post
    So, you're saying you are making ~2k/day per char for a total of ~22k/week and 150k/week? Unless you have blingtron missions every single day, which does not happen. Nice try.
    Or, you know, they are factoring in the weekly 675 missions which if you have enough characters the chances of getting the good ones (champion's honor/medallions/etc) increases dramatically. That and you know the $$$ making machine that is the shipyard (hint, gives more gold than garrisons and it was even buffed).

Then you have the jc daily for ~2-300g for a measly 5-30g at most cost per character with the jc hut. And then, and then...I hope you get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I don't understand why Russians don't have their own servers. Its absolutely ridiculous. The UI doesnt recognise their russian names and even if it does, how do you read that? It's just like grouping europe with China. Theres a language barrier. Wish Blizzard would do something about it.
    It's bad UI then.

But yeah, Blizz should auto-transliterate Cyrillic letters into Latin ones on bgs, arenas and etc. We had our own servers and even isolated regions for ~9 years. I wonder if there's an addon lib to do so. There are only 33 letters w/ no accents, so it's pretty simple to do so.

Maybe I should write one for Ace3 O_o

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why Russians don't have their own servers. Its absolutely ridiculous. The UI doesnt recognise their russian names and even if it does, how do you read that? It's just like grouping europe with China. Theres a language barrier. Wish Blizzard would do something about it.
    I've always wondered about that. How do European servers work? Different realms for different languages? Or different versions of the same realm for different languages?

sig made by BeastyBeauty

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is hilarious. Now try the European region

Quote Originally Posted by Niteowl View Post
    I've always wondered about that. How do European servers work? Different realms for different languages? Or different versions of the same realm for different languages?
    Realms are grouped by language. Some realms from various language groups may share battlegroups. People w/ let's say German client can't connect to Russian realms and vice versa.

Deleted
    Theres different realms for different languages. But for some reason, russians get grouped with english people. French and german are completely separate though. The realms are marked as english speaking but a good ammount of russian's don't very much care and they are allowed to make names with their weird alphabet wich makes matters worse.

Theres different realms for different languages. But for some reason, russians get grouped with english people. French and german are completely separate though. The realms are marked as english people but a good ammount of russian's don't very much care and they are allowed to make names with their weird alphabet.
    You're wrong though, you just dun pay attention to french and german players. There're English/Italian, English/German, English/French/Russian and other battlegroups.

The only monolingual battlegroup is German Blutdurst. All others are shared.

P.S. You can't connect to English realms w/ Russian client, and you can't create a character w/ Russian name on non-Russian realms.
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-05-14 at 06:30 AM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    I have about 1.5m, game wasn't worth subbing when tokens hit 30k, haven't subbed since sometime last year =/
    How about sharing some of that gold with your pal Alar?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantos View Post
    So, you're saying you are making ~2k/day per char for a total of ~22k/week and 150k/week? Unless you have blingtron missions every single day, which does not happen. Nice try.
    Treasure hunter is the bulk of the gold made, yes, but it's not the only. Gold missions, garrison resources, salvage crates, mounts, void satchels, and vendor follower upgrades can easily make 2k/day without Blingtron's.

Oh noes, you poor kittens. 47k!!! Its like... only twice the amount of tokens you get for same gold when compared to EU, or 10x when compared to KR/TW!
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    You're wrong though, you just dun pay attention to french and german players. There're English/Italian, English/German, English/French/Russian and other battlegroups.

The only monolingual battlegroup is German Blutdurst. All others are shared.
    I didn't know that. Didn't go around playing in different battlegroups. I just know mine has russians and it's always a problem.

But the other languages aren't as bad as they use the same alphabet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this a joke? The token costs between 85-90k in europe atm. Go cry me a river.
    But EU has ALWAYS had higher prices. Always. Since day one. Go cry me a river.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I didn't know that. Didn't go around playing in different battlegroups. I just know mine has russians and it's always a problem.

Yeah, alphabet is an issue, I dunno why blizz haven't addressed it yet, cuz solution is quite simple to implement T_T

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Russia does have their own Servers, similar to the way OC works on the US Client and their own Battlegroup. There's also a French and German one as well, then an English one, that also includes Spanish and Italian Realms (there's not many of either of those, 11 Spanish, 2 Italian). You won't be grouped with different language groups for things like Dungeons, and the Premade Finder usually excludes other language groups. However, during PVP you will often find yourself against other Language Battlegroups (i.e. EU English Alliance vs EU German Horde). It's not usually a problem, apart from Russians, as, despite having Realm Names that translate to English (One of theirs is called Howling Fjord), it appears in Russian and no one has a clue of the Players actual name. For Rated PVP, addons like BG Targets have a Cryillic Translation for Russian Names, but not by default.

There's not much controversy for playing against other EU Languages, but there is often actual dislike for playing Russians. It was very controversial on the Forums when it was announced and still is something people are not happy with.

Anyways, OT. 47K is nothing. I've being paying 85k for a few recently. It's easy to make a week with no issues due to an armada of Alts. I don't like to say how much exactly, but those saying it's impossible to make large amounts are lacking the setup/alts or effort. It's extremely possible, Gold is easy to gain right now.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    But EU has ALWAYS had higher prices. Always. Since day one. Go cry me a river.
    I'm not crying. You are.
    Be happy you have it that good. You should be celebrating instead.

Except Bulgaria, Serbia, Ukraine, FYRM, Beylorus, Montenegro. Which all use Cyrillic like Russia. Then there is Greece and Cyprus who use Greek.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    correct, tons of players are just paying with gold, well little are selling them, making it go up in price

- - - Updated - - -

11 garrisons, open a char, click auto send, takes 15 seconds, do this every day on my chars, by the end of each month i open all my boxes on all my toons and vendor/AH its super easy dude :P took alot of time commitment but yeah
    Auto send?

What EU has it good, Taiwan is up to 200k, but yeah once the 2 million spider mount drops then that should help bring token down