Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Who are the Avangers?

Notcraft movie confirmed?
    More like Altcraft, really. It's different from Warcraft in the same way the Avengers movies are different from the Avengers comics (note: you almost got me to type 'Avangers' there by accident, lol).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    What does "videogame style" mean exactly? The visuals?
    The visuals yes, the stupid costumes for example. That armor looks like cardboard, I would have liked a realistic feeling to it.

It looks like a videogame or a comic book.

I mean, the marvel movies don't look like comic books, batman doesn't look like a comic book. That's why they didn't flop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nvn View Post
    The visuals yes, the stupid costumes for example. That armor looks like cardboard, I would have liked a realistic feeling to it.

It looks like a videogame or a comic book.

I mean, the marvel movies don't look like comic books, batman doesn't look like a comic book. That's why they didn't flop.
    Armour and props are done by WETA workshops (LotR)
    People complaining about music, its a mixture of the music we already know and the composer that works on Game of Thrones.
    People complaining about Khadgar looking like a teenager, Khadgar is 17 in the film.
    People complaining about Garona being half orc/half human instead of half orc/half draenei, Garona believed she was half human until she later finds out the truth from Maraad.

Thanks and goodnight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sushu View Post
    Armour and props are done by WETA workshops (LotR)
    People complaining about music, its a mixture of the music we already know and the composer that works on Game of Thrones.
    People complaining about Khadgar looking like a teenager, Khadgar is 17 in the film.
    People complaining about Garona being half orc/half human instead of half orc/half draenei, Garona believed she was half human until she later finds out the truth from Maraad.

Thanks and goodnight.
    I know the music will be good, the composer did prison break too.

The rest I don't care, I'm not a lore nerd. It doesn't matter who did the armour etc., it's the idea behind that's stupid, I know they look like that because they want them to look like that and I think that's stupid for them to replicate a videogame style. I even like Ben Foster and I have no problems with the other actors.

It just looks stupid and cheesy, that's it. I would have made it more realistic like they did with the marvel movies, iron man looks realistic, thor looks realistic (maybe not the hammer...), even captain america looks ok and not that stupid.

Deleted
    I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree as I cant watch any of the marvel films you listed because I find those stupid and cheesy and the american humour just kills it for me.

I'm sure we'll find out in a couple of weeks

lots of salty people i say
    i dont get it, people want the movie to be bad because ?

cant be explained, just salt overflow

- - - Updated - - -

khadgar is 17 in wow, he just looks old cause Medivh cursed him
    Be feared, or be fuel

People insist on "realistic" armor but never a realistic sword fight. Sword fights in movies are so bad. Realistic sword fights were brutal and incredibly fast. People didn't duel. they just killed each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitters View Post
    Khadgar looks like one of those 16 year old guys who grows a mustache and think hes the shit when in reality he looks like a fucking idiot and a pedophile
    because he is 16 in wow
    Be feared, or be fuel

Deleted
    I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree as I cant watch any of the marvel films you listed because I find those stupid and cheesy and the american humour just kills it for me.

I'm sure we'll find out in a couple of weeks
    I don't like the marvel movies, I was talking about the visuals in the movies. Much better than the cartoony look of Warcraft.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    If you haven't noticed, those scenes haven't been edited completely yet. How about watch the movie instead of basing your judgment off of 3 scenes that are about 2.5min in total out of a 2h long movie.
    They are fuly edited shots. Movie is alredy finished for several months.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    goddamit i brought some meat to salt it in this thread. there is so much salt. i can't imagine how salty would be irrational haters when the critics will praise that "cartoonish, video game, childish, stupid, cheesy" movie. dont commit suicide then plz.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    because he is 16 in wow
    WoW is about 30-35 years after the First War, even with the aging spell, he's around 50 years old.

Just because you look old all your life doesn't mean you stop counting how many years you've lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    WoW is about 30-35 years after the First War, even with the aging spell, he's around 50 years old.

Just because you look old all your life doesn't mean you stop counting how many years you've lived.
    meant to say he was 16 during the first war, and in the movie he should be 16
    Be feared, or be fuel

Deleted
    Wait. How can they find the Orcs who are fully CGI believable but Garona somehow unbelievable? That doesn't sound like they hate her "make up" exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    goddamit i brought some meat to salt it in this thread. there is so much salt. i can't imagine how salty would be irrational haters when the critics will praise that "cartoonish, video game, childish, stupid, cheesy" movie. dont commit suicide then plz.
    I'm almost certain the majority of them do not play the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nvn View Post
    You do the first mistake I noticed people do when they criticized this movie. They assume that everything must look like The Lord of the Rings 1. The problem is The Lord of the Rings 1 happened in 2001, 15 years ago (around the age a main protagonist is), it has been copied by almost everything fantasy in the last 1 and a half decades (including WoW Vanilla) and people might appreciate something new.

This is why when someone does sci-fi or fantasy now and gets an original route, they usually go over whoever goes to the expected route of Lord of the Rings.

The clips look like they were taken out of a not bad Netflix series.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    meant to say he was 16 during the first war, and in the movie he should be 16
    The movie universe is different from the game universe. It's a condensed adaptation, and some of the backstory has been changed to make it work better on film. I think they are going to compress the first and second wars into one war, for one. Also, in the game universe, Durotan did NOT fight in the first war. His clan was exiled before the war began, and they never interacted with humans, they kept themselves isolated in the mountains.

In the game universe, Khadgar was 17 when he was FIRST sent to be Medivh's apprentice. Medivh artifically aged him. Then, over time, either the aging spell slowly wore off, or he just found a way to reverse its effects, and he shows his true age now. Keep in mind that the current time in WOW is over 35 years AFTER the events the movie depicts anyway, so Khadgar is over 50 in WOW in actual age.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2016-05-14 at 01:31 PM.

Deleted
    I'm even more hyped to see the movie now, to each their own

The clips are actually bad.

I mean, the movie will be entertaining, in particular for fans of the franchise, but it is very low quality. Some of the acting is bad (That chubby mustache dude which is supposed to be Khadgar?, the king is laughable, poor Travis Fimmel aswell... sigh, oh, and Garona is horrid lol, she's a green human, and a silly looking one at that), and everything Stormwind looks horrid... the sets, the cgi, it doesn't 'mesh' well with the rest.

I do like the orcs though, but it probably won't be enough :\

Deleted
    press has watched the movie already, but isnt allowed to talk about it till may 30th. If reviews arent allowed before the release, that isnt a good sign, sows directors or movie studios dont have faith in their movie. Look at marvel, they boasted to release early reviews. Blizzard, not so much.

Really? Those clips made me get more optimistic about the movie. The acting is pretty good for me, so is the action and the CGI. The scene with that little battle between orcs and humans in Elwynn was awesome.