Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Was dsggerfall using some system to randomly generate dungeons interiors to make it so immense. And the miles in game was something like 60 thousand? I like isometric RPGs but daggerfall is extremely dated in a way I couldn't get into it the same way as baldurs or morrowind

I didn't play it could be good for a romp
    It is definitely dated and I know I'm showing my age here. I believe I actually played both Arena and Daggerfall pre-Win31 in DOS. However, the core gameplay in Daggerfall was amazing. This was the first RPG where I could walk into a shop, hide in the attic, wait for nightfall and then rob the place blind!

There was procedural generation of maps in Daggerfall for sure but I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing. The game was truly immense for its time and it was a real game changer for video game RPGs in my personal opinion.

Give it a shot if you like Morrowind. If you can deal with the retro graphics I think you'll really enjoy the play through.

10+ Year Old Account
    @anaxie can you suggest me the best Morrowind mods that you can think of?
    I've never had the chance to play it, although i've spent hundreds of hours in Oblivion and Skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by elmoe420 View Post
    It is definitely dated and I know I'm showing my age here. I believe I actually played both Arena and Daggerfall pre-Win31 in DOS. However, the core gameplay in Daggerfall was amazing. This was the first RPG where I could walk into a shop, hide in the attic, wait for nightfall and then rob the place blind!

There was procedural generation of maps in Daggerfall for sure but I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing. The game was truly immense for its time and it was a real game changer for video game RPGs in my personal opinion.

Give it a shot if you like Morrowind. If you can deal with the retro graphics I think you'll really enjoy the play through.
    I have a 300 game backlog which bought but never playe . I just don't have time to venture into daggerfall. I have owned switcher 3 since it came out and still never even launched it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    @anaxie can you suggest me the best Morrowind mods that you can think of?
    I've never had the chance to play it, although i've spent hundreds of hours in Oblivion and Skyrim.
    Msgo and all the lgnpc mods do not forget to grab lgnpc main quest. Tribunal and bloodmoon also. And make sure you play redoran with the mods. I won't spoil it but you will notice the difference if u played it. Or read the change logs.

- - - Updated - - -

Difference between skyrim and oblivion. OK for example. 50+ thieves guild quests vs 10 in oblivion and skyrim

All those "filler . Mages and fighter guilds in each cities with 0 quests was a complete waste of time in oblivion for example.

Morrowind is immersion to the max

- - - Updated - - -

In morrowind you get lost and find a cave with a powerful artifact. Or some ebony glass or daedric armor / weaponry or a off the road quest or a cave full of slaves to free or kill to your hearts content.

Get lost in oblivion you find copy paste cave or oblivion gate #12 with every bandit in full daedric or glass armor and a chest full of leveled loot at the end. Oh boy more full daedric suits to vendor!

Skyim? Make 300 iron daggers to unlock full daedric everything. Lol....

- - - Updated - - -

Also lockpicking WHY do open world games since oblivion think we want to play lockpick mini games for all the thousands of chests holy shit. I prefer lockpixk quality and a stats skill check or and unlock magic spell every day
    Last edited by anaxie; 2016-05-12 at 01:04 AM.

I soooo miss the magic tricks you could pull in morrowind.

a simple 1pt spell of anything at range that I'd use to try to intercept enemy spells with. pointlessly weak "buff" spell in place of an appropriate hindering 'debuff' (1pt levitate vs drain/damage speed). Turning Slowfall into the best fast travel effect (fortify jump/acrobatics to get into the air first)....

Good times learning that shit

Before there was fast travel . There was the boots of blinding speed with a constant levitation enchant.

10/10 would become Nerevarine again

Suck it up and play Daggerfall. The real Elder Scrolls jump point.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Suck it up and play Daggerfall. The real Elder Scrolls jump point.
    Pretty sure the jump point is when Elder scrolls went into 3D before it lost it's soul.

This thread.

Huh? All Elder Scrolls games were 3D.

Quote Originally Posted by elmoe420 View Post
    Curious if all of you Morrowind fans have played through Daggerfall? If you like the style of Morrowind (particularly as opposed to Oblivion and Skyrim) I would HIGHLY recommend playing through Daggerfall. I think you'll find huge commonality and will greatly enjoy it rather than doing your 5th run through of Morrowind.

Arena was fun too but really it was Daggerfall that popularized the completely open world, more simulation style RPG.
    Daggerfall was quite flawed gem. It still has some things I'd have loved to see return and expanded, like the court system but all in all I do prefer Morrowind over it.

It also has the only passable fast travel system of the modern "click anywhere and be everywhere" Elder Scrolls.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

morrowind was made SPECIFICALLT to be modded
    It could not be easily modded due to reasons I described. Skyrim is the best TES game for modding.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    It could not be easily modded due to reasons I described. Skyrim is the best TES game for modding.
    A game ten years apart? Fuck I would hope so.

Doesn't change the countless things lost from morrowind to now that devalues the game for many.

I like people praising Daggerfall, giving the game have NOTHING but radiant quests and NOTHING but fast travel.

In morrowind you get lost and find a cave with a powerful artifact. Or some ebony glass or daedric armor / weaponry or a off the road quest or a cave full of slaves to free or kill to your hearts content.

Get lost in oblivion you find copy paste cave or oblivion gate #12 with every bandit in full daedric or glass armor and a chest full of leveled loot at the end. Oh boy more full daedric suits to vendor!

Skyim? Make 300 iron daggers to unlock full daedric everything. Lol....
    Don't forget that in Oblivion you can steal from the display cases in guilds/castles and get...useless replica glass/ebony items. Or going into a shop at night to steal something you want from a merchant...except none of the good stuff is found anywhere in the shop, or in the merchant's home or on the merchant itself.