Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    well those clips didnt last long lol

Why is NBC blocking the clips? I could understand if it was Universal, Blizzard, or Legendary, but what does NBC have to do with it?
    Last edited by Laylriana; 2016-05-13 at 11:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylriana View Post
    Why is NBC blocking the clips? I could understand if it was Universal, Blizzard, or Legendary, but what does NBC have to do with it?
    NBC Universal is the company that has an agreement with Legendary Entertainment.

NBC throwing those C&D letters out like hotcakes
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Weird how reluctant they are to show off this film. The trailer wasn't shown for ages and they seem to guard leaks as if its the Star Wars shooting script.

Can't imagine many of the public have even noticed it.

Clips looked great! It's gonna be big!

Quote Originally Posted by NotFunny008 View Post
    Well I have never seen a WoW open beta, Starcraft open beta or Diablo open beta .... so what is the point?

- - - Updated - - -

This is the beginning. There was no Legion, no Draenai, at the beginning. At least the story at the time, nobody knew they existed. Why are you so greedy? You want everything all at once.
    Umm, no. Warcraft takes place after the orcs have slaughtered and subjugated the Draenei. They absolutely should be in the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like the orc female sleeping to standing issue might be able to crash the client for players standing close to the character as well. Someone has got to be a **** and test that

I am more and more impressed with every clip I see from the movie. Can't wait for June!!

Most of the actors lack of not enough strong, brutal voice. Especially Travis Fimmel.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    NBC Universal is the company that has an agreement with Legendary Entertainment.

NBC throwing those C&D letters out like hotcakes

What kind of agreement?

Anyway, blocking trailer clips is stupid, this is free promotion.

Deleted
    The film like the game seems to have sold out! I no longer play WoW, but did so from the fourth week in vanilla till just before WOD...was expecting and looking forward to a film in the style of Lord of the rings, instead it seems to be a childish Harry Potter movie....no wonder they did not want ex players to see this, box office just lost a customer.

Deleted
    I'm surprised with OV beta numbers. But I don't think it'll be THAT successful after a year or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NotFunny008 View Post
    This is the beginning. There was no Legion, no Draenai, at the beginning. At least the story at the time, nobody knew they existed. Why are you so greedy? You want everything all at once.
    I suppose that depends on how you view "beginning.". In Rise of the Horde, those things absolutely did exist. KJ appeared to Ner'Zhul in a spirit vision posing as Rulkan, and told him to form a Unified Horde to eliminate the Draenei. Durotan and Ogrim met with Velen as children.

These things existed, but the humans in Azeroth (and the players in WC1) didn't know about them till later.

It depends on how 'omniscient' the movie chooses to be. As I stated, there's plenty of room to flesh out more in the Second War when Gul'Dan raises the Tomb of Sargeras and part of the Broken Isles.

It's clear the movie follows Durotan, and he didn't "know " until after his exile, when he confronts Ogrim and is assassinated at the end of the First War -- Which is roughly when Ogrim deposes Backhand and becomes the Warchirf. Likely the last scenes of the movie.
    Warning: this comment occasionally contains strong language (which may be unsuitable for children), unusual humor (which may be unsuitable for adults), and advanced mathematics (which may be unsuitable for liberal-arts majors).
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ

Quote Originally Posted by kerghan View Post
    I suppose that depends on how you view "beginning.". In Rise of the Horde, those things absolutely did exist. KJ appeared to Ner'Zhul in a spirit vision posing as Rulkan, and told him to form a Unified Horde to eliminate the Draenei. Durotan and Ogrim met with Velen as children.

These things existed, but the humans in Azeroth (and the players in WC1) didn't know about them till later.

It depends on how 'omniscient' the movie chooses to be. As I stated, there's plenty of room to flesh out more in the Second War when Gul'Dan raises the Tomb of Sargeras and part of the Broken Isles.

It's clear the movie follows Durotan, and he didn't "know " until after his exile, when he confronts Ogrim and is assassinated at the end of the First War -- Which is roughly when Ogrim deposes Backhand and becomes the Warchirf. Likely the last scenes of the movie.
    Also, you're not just making this movie for Warcraft fans. It has to be sold to the general public or it just won't make enough to justify more (which is surely something we all want?). Adding 'aliens' to the film would be confusing and seem weird to someone not familiar to WoW. Not to mention the amount of time and effort it would require to explain who they were to the audience.

Humans vs Orcs (with some Dwarfs and Elfs added in) on the other hand is an easy sell to the fantasy crowd. At least for the first movie.

I would LOVE to see the Arthas/Lich King story on the big screen. But given the timeline that would need both this and probably Warcraft 2 to make money before it happened. It's a long shot Fingers crossed! I just hope this films marketing is making a splash outside of the WoW crowd. Hard to tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monketron View Post
    Humans vs Orcs (with some Dwarfs and Elfs added in) on the other hand is an easy sell to the fantasy crowd. At least for the first movie.

I would LOVE to see the Arthas/Lich King story on the big screen. But given the timeline that would need both this and probably Warcraft 2 to make money before it happened. It's a long shot Fingers crossed! I just hope this films marketing is making a splash outside of the WoW crowd. Hard to tell.
    Well said. Arthas would be a great story, and 'zombies' always sell. But it's one that definitely requires background.

I suppose it's like War of the Ancients / Aspects. Awesome story... Confusing as FRACK if you don't already know some of the lore.
    Warning: this comment occasionally contains strong language (which may be unsuitable for children), unusual humor (which may be unsuitable for adults), and advanced mathematics (which may be unsuitable for liberal-arts majors).
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kerghan View Post

Unless I am mistaken the movie wasn't going to exactly follow how the storyline went in the game. It like a different universe similar to how Alternate Draenor was, it was similar yet different. This movie is suppose to be similar yet different, which by that logic allows them to do almost anything and include/exclude whatever they want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    Unless I am mistaken the movie wasn't going to exactly follow how the storyline went in the game. It like a different universe similar to how Alternate Draenor was, it was similar yet different. This movie is suppose to be similar yet different, which by that logic allows them to do almost anything and include/exclude whatever they want.
    It is not at all like Draenor. Draenor is still connected to the canon of the the game. The movie will be what Marvel Superhero movies are to the the comics.

Deleted
    that warcraft movie shit looked horrible lmao. REALLY bad 3d work and shitty acting. just look at how those two orcs look on the rock.

it felt like some shitty series that shits itself on pilot.

this movie will be a major let down and i'd be surprised if it gets a rating over 3 on imdb, but at least it seems to be following the same downwards curve since cata so no surprise there.
    Last edited by mmoc8ac7fab871; 2016-05-14 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    Umm, no. Warcraft takes place after the orcs have slaughtered and subjugated the Draenei. They absolutely should be in the movie.
    You can cry all day and night if you want, draenei are not in it. In any case, they were reconned into the story. In the beginning, there was no draenei.

Deleted
    Wasn't hyped for the movie after the official trailers, but now i am!

Clips looked fantastic, love how they made the orcs! It's going to be an awesome movie, just pre-ordered tickets.