Poll: What's next for Blizzard?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What's next for Blizzard?

Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm have released, and Hearthstone, D3, WoW and SC2 are in maintenance patch/expansion mode. So what do you think is the next big project for Blizzard? Do you think that it will be one of the following projects, or will it be just simply mainaining existing games with patches and expansions?

1. Warcraft series HD remake/Warcraft 4
    2. World of Warcraft legacy/WoW 2
    3. Diablo 4
    4. Starcraft 3
    5. Completely new IP (please share your ideas) (e.g. completely new game or a completely different game based off another game like an Overwatch themed car racing game)
    6. Nothing. They will simply maintain their existing games into the foreseeable future (e.g. D3, WoW, Overwatch xpacs, SC2 stim packs)
    Last edited by styil; 2016-05-14 at 01:49 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo franchise is waiting, and I think they hired people for some new project.
    Also, Overwatch is fresh, they can develop paralel things with that universe.

Deleted
    I think Warcraft 4 will be next.

Starcraft 2 hype has ended, RTS market needs something new. Updating Warcraft RTS makes a lot of sense.
    Last edited by mmocbeba583bd0; 2016-05-14 at 02:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Certainly isn't 2, 4. 5 and 6.

D3 xpac more than likely.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

7+ Year Old Account
    im pretty sure there is a secret diablo project going on.
    and probably wc4.

Formerly known as Arafal

Either D3 xpac or a new IP.

D3 still has a massive following. I'd love for a new xpac with a new level cap...maybe a PL nerf for the botters.

I'm extremely confident that Diablo is either getting an expansion or (fingers crossed) a Diablo 4 in the near-ish future.

Went with 6 as I doubt any of the others are imminent. As for what I think there next development will be then either Diablo 4 if the job posts haven't just been for a new expansion.

I voted for 5 but I think I messed up, IP means new story and characters, right? What I actually wanted to vote for was a HOTS-esque racing game, all your favorite blizzard characters mario kart style. Yeah, it's gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzael View Post
    I voted for 5 but I think I messed up, IP means new story and characters, right? What I actually wanted to vote for was a HOTS-esque racing game, all your favorite blizzard characters mario kart style. Yeah, it's gonna happen.
    ...I would actually be all for this, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    Either D3 xpac or a new IP.

D3 still has a massive following. I'd love for a new xpac with a new level cap...maybe a PL nerf for the botters.
    People who were behind d3 and ros world creation, class design etc no longer work at blizz or got moved to wow. They dont need them anymore so I doubt its d3 exp. D3 engine has literally 0 future and blizzard struggles too much currently with keeping the game with since it cant handle end game greater rifts and blizzard cant fix it for a year now. Its most likely D4 on horizon or some other game based on diablo franchise as they were hiring for new diablo related game. Most of those are gone however which probably means they hired people for the positions they wanted.

Deleted
    Would be cool if they put a new game engine into wow - or in other way improved in the possibility of making better graphic
    Yearly expansions for WoW would also be a possibility ..
    Expanding on OW universe + expansions would be a possibility, plus expanding on HS and perhaps even a D4.
    I don't see a Warcraft 4 coming anytime soon, as it can create conflicts with WoW.
    SC4 perhaps ?
    Remake of the old Warcraft games is a possibility, and I guess that will happen at some point in the near future

I say they'll follow the money. If Overwatch is massively successful, then some expansion on that universe is likely. Otherwise, my guess is Diablo 4. I may be completely underestimating the money that Starcraft and Warcraft RTS titles bring in, however.

The only one I'm pretty sure it won't be is any sort of WoW 2 or other MMO. The cost would be way too high for a genre that isn't looking as sustainable as it once did.

Otherwise, their next big foray may be to bring their properties into mobile. Outside of Hearthstone, it's not something they've really explored, and the install base is utterly massive.

Deleted
    I'd love to play Warcraft 4.

If it's a standalone game I think #5 is the right place for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    Went with 6 as I doubt any of the others are imminent. As for what I think there next development will be then either Diablo 4 if the job posts haven't just been for a new expansion.
    How can it be 6 if they have a big announcement to make and are hiring for artists designers etc?

April Fool's joke then?
    I think not.
    Do the poll again lol

- - - Updated - - -
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Diablo 3 expansion.

Deleted
    Not fucking banjo kazooie all over again please.

They have six different games they are working on atm so a new ip won't be coming for a loooooooooong time. It took what, ten years for them to reveal Overwatch?

They'll work on tweaking what they have. If anything new is coming other than wow and HS expansions soon™ it's either Diablo 4 or a new expansion for D3. But that atleast a year or two away.
    Last edited by babyback; 2016-05-14 at 01:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be happy with a real Diablo 2 HD remaster..