Deleted
    Is there any way to put images on spoiler tag?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    i love the loyalty of you blizzard defenders. You would go down with the sinking ship. Its almost admirable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    So is Alodi still an elf?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Aldoi is an elf man, not an elderly woman.
    Yeah i also think it's Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    According to Kino.dk's most wanted list, people want Warcraft more than X-men, even when X-men comes before Warcraft

In sweden it also seems more hyped than civil warr and x men. Here are the bookins for civil warr (from today) , x men and warcraft. The red seats are booked.
    Pictures from the only I max cinema here.

Deleted
    Glenn Close is Alodi, a human mage fel-scared spirit in Karazhan.

But yeah, finally a good teaser, even if in spanish. Universal has the worse marketing team ever.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2016-05-14 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Glenn Close is Alodi, a human mage fel-scared spirit in Karazhan.
    Wait what how do you know that's Glenn Close? She's not on the imdb

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tangocash View Post
    that would be a very surprising cameo

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    i love the loyalty of you blizzard defenders.
    No, there's totally not an agenda behind it, that's why people mention Blizzard all the damn time ignoring how they're nothing but in the side-lines when it comes to this movie's production.

You guys are so predictable that is growing boring at this point. Guess what, we don't give a fuck about your Blizzard/WoW saltiness. Just run to Gen-D. There's plenty of pastures for your kind there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Because unless Blizzard used the gnomish teleporting machine on Glenn Close and got her evil twin to the movie, that is Glenn Close.

- - - Updated - - -

i love the loyalty of you blizzard defenders. You would go down with the sinking ship. Its almost admirable
    Yummy, salty meat.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unless its her twin, its really Glenn Close cameo. Cool.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Ehmm... the 3 pictures you just linked look horribly outdated and fake.
    But they look a lot better than the CGI in Warcraft though, one of the advantage that prosthetics/makeup/animatronics can always fall back on is that no matter if it looks fake the is something physical there, so you know the actors are interacting with something even if it isn't real. With imperfect CGI (NB: I'm not saying the CGI in warcraft is bad, just that it isn't as good as it needs to be to pull off what it's attempting) you know that there is nothing there, it completely disconnects the viewer from the scene and the suspension of disbelief is much harder.

In short, the overuse of CGI in Warcraft is a cost saving measure, they could have done the orcs just as well if not better without it. Generally speaking when you release a film in 2016 and your monsters are less believable than Ludo from Labyrinth (1986) you went wrong with the effects.
    Last edited by caervek; 2016-05-14 at 02:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how do you guys think this movie will do at the cinema, you think it will break well enough to warrant a sequel? I know I am hoping so.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Paradokzz View Post
    Glenn Close is in the movie - like I said a month ago.

"You're a troll shitposter Paradokz!"

I hope you've missed me! At least now we've all seen with our own eyes that everything I said was right on.
    I missed you

Deleted
    I missed you
    Please, don't quote the narcissistic troll. We don't need another ego trip on the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    But for real, at this point the movie leaks we heard are pretty much confirmed true.

I wish people would just accept they are going to change things and accept this movie for what it is. I'm just happy its happening!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    So how do you guys think this movie will do at the cinema, you think it will break well enough to warrant a sequel? I know I am hoping so.
    Well, it will do a hell of a lot better than The Last Airbender in terms of getting a sequel to happen. I feel like they kinda NEED to do film adaptations of WCII + Beyond The Dark Portal. They could make it one and then make Thrall's story up to when he leaves for Kalimdor separate from the rest of the WCIII narrative.

Looking down the pipeline: Who plays Arthas?
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Well, it will do a hell of a lot better than The Last Airbender in terms of getting a sequel to happen. I feel like they kinda NEED to do film adaptations of WCII + Beyond The Dark Portal. They could make it one and then make Thrall's story up to when he leaves for Kalimdor separate from the rest of the WCIII narrative.

Looking down the pipeline: Who plays Arthas?
    Nikolaj coster-waldau.

So uhh, Lothar is a jerk? Didn't expect that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    There's really nothing to "warp". You simply don't mention him. You don't show him. Because, indeed, even in Rise of the Horde he was nothing but a background figure, a role that pretty much ended with the near extermination of the Draenei. If you look at the same story from the perspective of the Orcs, you have no fucking idea of who or what Kil'jaeden is, because he constantly played "behind the scenes". Kil'jaeden may have manipulated Gul'dan's thirst for power, but is Gul'dan who manipulated the Horde. Gul'dan is the schemer that matters the most. He's the one who manipulated an election to turn Blackhand, his egomaniac puppet, into Warchief. He's the one who constantly sold lies to the orcs to make them act as he wanted and that's because of his own agenda, because he wanted to become a God. He obeyed Kil'jaeden's and Mannoroth's orders to follow such ambitions in the first place. When he got clearly deceived and abandoned, Medivh/Sargeras became his new benefactor. And that's where the actual plot of the First War begins.

Kil'jaeden matters as material for the "world-building" in potential sequels. He would matter as reference in a potential "Beyond the Dark Portal" movie where a reason to get more details about Ner'zhul and Kil'jaeden makes sense. This first movie needs none of that, though.

Mannoroth was summoned on the Black Temple. The blood drinking occurred on the Throne of Kil'jaeden. All Mannoroth literally did was doing a cut, filling a cup with his blood and give it to Gul'dan. It was the job of Gul'dan sell enough bullshit to convince the Horde about drinking that shit. Heck, how you were supposed to manipulate the orcs by showing one big-ass demon right besides you?

Sorry to say it, but your headcanon is not going to make this pitiful excuse of an argument any less stupid than it actually is.

Ner'zhul was deceived and "pushed" where Kil'jaeden wanted, only to pussy out when he realized how bad he was fucking up. Gul'dan did not need "pushing". He conciounsly and willingly betrayed his mentor, allied with Kil'jaeden and sold his people for personal power. He was never "lost" to anyone, he never served anyone out of loyalty, always for his personal gain. The only one towards Gul'dan was truly loyal was himself alone.

The only relevance demons have is how Mannoroth's blood corrupted the orcs. This is trivial. What matters is that they got corrupted by such power and that Gul'dan is manipulating them for his own agenda. Mannoroth being the source of the corruption (and a rough drawn in one of the sets pretty much confirmed Mannoroth's existence in the movie universe as well) is an unecessary detail when all he did was simply offer to Gul'dan the means to manipulate and corrupt his people.

What you failed to get until now is that this very movie casts a first hint about demons and their connection with Gul'dan and the powers he got. I could spoil little bits of novelization so I'll put the rest tagged.

How? Simple, Medivh. Medivh [I]is[/I] possessed by a demon, one demon we know very well. He's in contact with Gul'dan and, as occurred in the game lore, Medivh/Sargeras is the one who made all the promises of power to Gul'dan. He's blatantly possessed by a demonic entity and connected to fel magic, the very magic Gul'dan used to fuck his world up. That's quite enough to hint that something's more was behind Gul'dan, beyond the fact that he's a mastodontic asshole by his own. It's the hint that he got his power from someone, arguably a similar entity to the one possessing Medivh.

This clarify things? Not at all. But definitely hints lore aspects worthy to be addressed in the sequels. This movie's story, however, perfectly works without them.
    And after all that. Look how Important demons are. Not just demons in general or half ass mentioned with Medivh but mannoroth as well.

It's important to the story is my point. Leaving out the mannoroth and the drinking is a bit of BS filming in my eyes. It's clearly we are polor opposites in this thinking but it's part of the orc history and lore that needed to be told as it is a defining moment and not something to omit or down play or sweep under the rug as someone hopes and preys they can tell it in a squeal that is about as uncertain as one can get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Also, how do you guys stand Zulkhan? Every single one of his predictions have been wrong. He's always the first to disregard every theory and each time he's wrong. He can't accept that other people have different opinions. On Blizzard's payroll, much?
    You sound jealous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Also, how do you guys stand Zulkhan? Every single one of his predictions have been wrong. He's always the first to disregard every theory and each time he's wrong. He can't accept that other people have different opinions. On Blizzard's payroll, much?
    He's not an ass.