Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    As I said. The problem now is that the people with no self control have gotten so bad that it is now completely ruined for people who do have self control.
    Age old problem of belonging, either part of the in-crowd, or not.

Dark Souls 3 is getting terrible reviews by people who want to be part of the in-crowd, but don't understand the Soul's series has always been a laggy mess with terribad net code and pesky invaders.

Suddenly it's a problem?

Granted From should have sorted this shit out by now, it's been something like 9 years, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    WoD was released November 13, 2014 and had two tiers of raid content.

19 months' worth of subscription time = up to $285
    Expansion = $60

Do you *really* think WoD's content is worth up to $350 at this point in the expansion? Keep in mind that there will likely be no new content until Legion release, which will hopefully be by September.
    Wow token

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    1> Consider inflation. Games were $50 back in the '80s. Legend of Zelda launched in '86 for $50 (well, $49.99). In today's dollars, adjusted for inflation, that would be $108.64.

2> Development involves way more people and takes much longer, today. More effort is being invested into making these. Prices have stayed so low because the market's growing.

3> These days, with Steam and such, game sales are in arguably their best state ever. Sure, you might not buy that AAA game on Day 1 for cheap, but give it a year, year and a half, and you'll often see a GOTY edition at half price (or more) with all DLC included.
    Actually Legend of Zelda didn't get released in the US until Aug. 87. It was $39.99 not $49.99 when it was released. Most NES games didn't exceed $40 except some notable exceptions later in the NES lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Ahh dude, It pissess me of just thinking about it.

I don't even buy console games like that anymore. I bought MKX at release and immediately took it back when I found out that I had to buy Goro in DLC.

Fucking bullshit.
    The only company I would ever buy a Day 1 game from again is probably Rockstar.

They published GTAV with the "one game, one price" model. And it was a fucking amazing game. The whole "Cost of production" argument is completely debunked by GTAV. Production costs have gone up, but so has the market size. They didn't cut any corners. They released the full game for 1 price tag. They continued to improve upon it after release, and offered all kinds of free DLC for it, Free online mode which is like a completely other game in and of itself.

So when a company spends tens of millions of dollars producing a game, and only makes a couple hundred million dollars, compared to GTAV it's a fucking failure.

The only microtransactions they had was money for gta online, but it wasn't P2W. You could reasonably make enough money playing GTA Online to buy things just by playing the game. I got my condo and my sexy cars for free by playing the game (which was also fun to play, and not just a busy chore for earning currency).

Sure, they added some new stuff when the next gen consoles came out to try to entice people into buying another copy of the game...but it worked. Because people already knew they weren't getting horse shit for their money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Plains View Post
    Actually Legend of Zelda didn't get released in the US until Aug. 87. It was $39.99 not $49.99 when it was released. Most NES games didn't exceed $40 except some notable exceptions later in the NES lifespan.
    In all fairness, adjusted to inflation that's still like 80 bucks.

Ahh dude, It pissess me of just thinking about it.

I don't even buy console games like that anymore. I bought MKX at release and immediately took it back when I found out that I had to buy Goro in DLC.

Fucking bullshit.
    Aw, I was extremely excited for MKX until DLC characters became news, so I skipped it altogether..

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    What... do you mean in 97? Back them basically all games were like 30 bucks.

N64 games were about $50-60. Adjusted for inflation would put them at $70-80 today.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chewie49 View Post
    yea, i was gonna buy star wars battlefront but then i saw the price and was like F that
    You mean to tell me that with technology advancing at the rate that it is that prices go up that high? Makes no sense.

There's game titles that I can count with one hand that I would buy for the higher price (one of them being uncharted which i'm going to be getting in the coming weeks)

Quote Originally Posted by khali View Post
    So misconception over full quote = egocentric? K, jump to labeling over difference in opinion, honestly surprised I wasn't called a homo.

(forgot you only think "hardcore raiders" think WoW has no content, oh dear )
    Nah, not just hardcore raider like to bitch, but it is usually the majority of those that complain of lack of content, I just don't bitch over a game I love paying.

Question whatever you take for granted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    -snip
    I do love the continuous updates from Rockstar, the only gripe I've had with it was the mass amount of people using the asi loaders online before they patched it, cars firing rockets and money bags galore.

Only people who truly get the shaft in all of this are programmers.They get paid peanuts in comparison to marketing guys...

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    Aw, I was extremely excited for MKX until DLC characters became news, so I skipped it altogether..
    I can tolerate the addition of icons like Jason or Kratos. Maybe even some sexy costumes or something you can charge extra on.

But for a mainstream MK character that many people use competitively in the FGC? No. That's where I draw the line.

Age old problem of belonging, either part of the in-crowd, or not.

Dark Souls 3 is getting terrible reviews by people who want to be part of the in-crowd, but don't understand the Soul's series has always been a laggy mess with terribad net code and pesky invaders.

Suddenly it's a problem?

Granted From should have sorted this shit out by now, it's been something like 9 years, but whatever.
    My point is companies have realized they don't need to sort this shit out because the "in-crowd" will keep giving them money regardless. They have figured out that they can basically completely ignore scrupulous consumers and still make lots of money.

And that's the extra problem that exists now that didn't exist before.

Like... you used to be able to go to a hardware store, and they would have crappy "metal" shovels that used cheap alloys, and softwood handles. And Good high grade steel bladed shovels with hickory handles, properly riveted on. Now, you can't get that good shovel anymore. The last shovel I bought was from the thrift store and judging by the amount of bluing the blade has, it must have been about 60 years old. Like that's how bad it is now. Because there's more money in making shitty shovels than quality ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why people wait for winter/summer sales. I sure as fuck will not pay $80 for just the base game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    MKX is still getting console support via future DLC where PC is getting screwed by no support sooooo yeah.
    I owned the ps4 collector editon and got it on sell. Due to them stopping support for the PC version I sold off my game and gave the statue to my nephew. I will not support Nether Realm anymore.

I don't even play MKX on PC and I still refuse to support it. That was major bullshit even more so since MKX sold nearly 1 million copys on PC.

Ontopic: Games have stayed at a $60 price tag for over 10 years and back in the SNES days they costed more then they do now. While DLC sucks most of the time it is the reason games have stayed at $60 upfront cost.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    G2A.com is the best place to get games. The prices are absurd but have rising with each new console i remember 30-40$ for n64 era games.. Then the xbox came out and everything was 50.. then 360 and it was 60 and now x1 and ive seen some 70$ but ya its stupid as hell.. Leave them at 50$ since most arent even worth that
    It doesn't matter what you think they are worth. It matters what they cost. The cost of the game reflects the cost to create it. Sorry that developers need to be paid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    Nah, not just hardcore raider like to bitch, but it is usually the majority of those that complain of lack of content, I just don't bitch over a game I love paying.
    But if people loved playing a game and they find they have nothing new to do in said game, they will bitch. I've seen raiders, casual players that log once or twice a week and the always loved by mmo-c, the lfr raider, complain about lack of content, either new or engaging. It's not just the ~5% moaning.

I can tolerate the addition of icons like Jason or Kratos. Maybe even some sexy costumes or something you can charge extra on.

But for a mainstream MK character that many people use competitively in the FGC? No. That's where I draw the line.
    Yeah I agree, these guys lost touch and have fallen off the deep end grabbing at money. Sadly I think its going to get to a point where the masses can't afford video games, or they will just nickle-dime everyone into a new hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    Profound insight there, truly. I mean it too, super honestly. The OP was totally confused as to whether DLC was required, and wasn't trying to make the point of having to spend extra to access the full game; especially where he said "The original price tag 59.99 but the DLC content is like another 100$ on top of that. So to access the full game, you gotta drop 150$".
    I'm not the one bitching about optional purchases. Would you be sympathetic to someone talking about the price of a car and complaining that convertibles cost more than the regular version?

Yeah I agree, these guys lost touch and have fallen off the deep end grabbing at money. Sadly I think its going to get to a point where the masses can't afford video games, or they will just nickle-dime everyone into a new hobby.
    You will always be able to afford video games (For the most part). That's one reason why I love indle games, So many great quality indle games and yet they only cost like $15.

AAA games can only go so high in price no matter what because they know if they go too high people won't buy.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by khali View Post
    But if people loved playing a game and they find they have nothing new to do in said game, they will bitch. I've seen raiders, casual players that log once or twice a week and the always loved by mmo-c, the lfr raider, complain about lack of content, either new or engaging. It's not just the ~5% moaning.
    Their problems not mine, I find unlimited things to do.

Question whatever you take for granted.