Thread: [TV] Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    They're pushing the "Oliver lied to the big strong independent Felicity and that's bad" story, since then this whole lying thing has been getting out of control. Even though Felicity said it's ok to lie to protect those you love like an episode before Oliver lied to her.
    I think Felicity and her mother need psychological help, this obsession with telling lies that they themselves have no problems telling is nuts. Funny thing is if you're honest with either of them it doesn't matter, they still behave irrationally.

The Diggle one i understand but the Lance one really annoyed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    The "morality" in this episode really annoyed me for some reason. Lance can't tell a lie (that wouldn't really hurt anyone) to keep a job he loves. Diggle can't lie to his wife to keep her from possibly thinking he's a monster. Maybe I'm just not a moral person but these really got to me.
    I think the problem for either is the ludicrous lengths they went to in order to set them up.
    I mean, it's possible that Digs bro would just keep needling him until he got shot, sure, but it just felt artificial. Lying to the wife with details that you don't even need to provide? Just so they can have this "lying is bad" stuff.

Same with lance, he has to sign a thing saying he didn't know Laurel was Canary and then he gets to keep his job? Really? I know Star City PD is hard up, but letting someone back in that committed a ton of crimes because he says his daughter was in danger seems... iffy. That all hinging on his knowing or not knowing that she was Canary (because he shouldn't be scared for Canary...) is just odd. Just so they can have this "lying is bad" stuff with Felicity's mother...
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    So a nuclear missile was launched from Russia and was able to strike a target inside of the US with no government countermeasures at all outside of a few ARGUS members? What?

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    So a nuclear missile was launched from Russia and was able to strike a target inside of the US with no government countermeasures at all outside of a few ARGUS members? What?
    That's easy, it's because of blargity blarg computer stuff blah blah.

Duh.

10+ Year Old Account
    And apparently Felicity could have chosen to move the target anywhere, yet still chose a populated area? Why not send the nuke out to sea?

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    And apparently Felicity could have chosen to move the target anywhere, yet still chose a populated area? Why not send the nuke out to sea?
    That I assume was due to time constraints needing new target to be close to original, and I don't think it impacted directly at the town. Not that it matters overall with the "we have 20 hours, then they instantly traverse space and time" logic.

Yeah, if I remember my Wargames correctly, it takes more than 20 minutes for a bird to reach the states from Russia. Also, I don't understand why if they had access to the nav system, they didn't have access to the detonator.

Also, based on the map they showed, 30-75% of Monument Point's population is going to be getting a big dose of radiation in 20 minutes.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Yeah, if I remember my Wargames correctly, it takes more than 20 minutes for a bird to reach the states from Russia. Also, I don't understand why if they had access to the nav system, they didn't have access to the detonator.

Also, based on the map they showed, 30-75% of Monument Point's population is going to be getting a big dose of radiation in 20 minutes.
    I think she was going to mess with the entire global positioning network, which seems a little far fetched.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    That's easy, it's because of blargity blarg computer stuff blah blah.

Duh.
    It also must have been the fastest missile ever since it was able to fly from Russia all the way to the midwest of the US in like 3 min.

It seems to me that a Russian missile striking US soil is a far bigger deal than one super powered jackass as well. That's a world altering event.

Where is Barry when you need him ? #TeamFlash

A few questions:

1) Doesn't Felicity *OWN* Palmer Tech? They can't exactly kick her out of the building or deny her access to proprietary shit, even if they remove her as CEO.

2) Doesn't the board know she works with Arrow in some way since she had access to an elevator that went to his old lair?

3) Didn't the whole board die like halfway through the season? Who is this guy? Why is he so hostile to Felicity after she literally saved the company, financially and physically?

4) Most importantly, even if they have some justification to keep Felicity out....and then also have the means to enforce it...........isn't it Curtis's lab? Why can't you call up the guy who has already worked with Arrow before and say, "Hey, incoming nuke, we need something from your lab"? Am I forgetting something? Did he quit working at Palmer Tech?

Lastly, I like how Diggle and Arrow take pains to not kill people, but Laila gives 0 fucks about dropping HIVE. Guess she's not a part of Team Arrow.

And yeah, the nuke situation seems hilarious - where's your Star Wars program now, Reagan?!?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    A few questions:

1) Doesn't Felicity *OWN* Palmer Tech? They can't exactly kick her out of the building or deny her access to proprietary shit, even if they remove her as CEO.

2) Doesn't the board know she works with Arrow in some way since she had access to an elevator that went to his old lair?

3) Didn't the whole board die like halfway through the season? Who is this guy? Why is he so hostile to Felicity after she literally saved the company, financially and physically?

4) Most importantly, even if they have some justification to keep Felicity out....and then also have the means to enforce it...........isn't it Curtis's lab? Why can't you call up the guy who has already worked with Arrow before and say, "Hey, incoming nuke, we need something from your lab"? Am I forgetting something? Did he quit working at Palmer Tech?

Lastly, I like how Diggle and Arrow take pains to not kill people, but Laila gives 0 fucks about dropping HIVE. Guess she's not a part of Team Arrow.

And yeah, the nuke situation seems hilarious - where's your Star Wars program now, Reagan?!?
    1. I believe she is just CEO, so she can be fired.
    2. I don't think they're aware of that.
    3. Since the board is chosen by stock holders, all they had to do was vote in new board members.
    4. No clue, he was conveniently absent.

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    1. I believe she is just CEO, so she can be fired.
    You can be owner but still voted out by the board if it's a publicly-traded. You still have an ownership percentage, but that doesn't inherently give you access rights.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

She may not have been a majority shareholder, but the idea that she "inherited" the CEO is laughable without that controlling interest. Arrow has done this before though, afterall he lost Queen Cons and ALLLLL his other possessions due to a board maneuver back in season2 and the little bit they said about it was as made up as Felicity's hacking.

isnt argus like shield? the ones secretly in charge of everything.

makes sense to me.

- - - Updated - - -

A few questions:

i think theyre just trying to handwave the company back into olivers hands some how.

i wouldnt be surprised if next season starts off with oliver as mayor and ceo of queen co and the main drama him trying to balance 3 jobs
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    isnt argus like shield? the ones secretly in charge of everything.

makes sense to me.
    If that's the case it makes even less sense. That means that a nuclear missile was launched from Russia at the US and the US government did literally nothing to try and stop it. Even Shield has some kind of government oversight. So unless Lyla is really, really terrible at her job and just didn't think to actually tell anyone that there was a possibility of a nuclear attack, it would mean both her and the government figured they would just leave protecting the entire country all up to a small group of vigilantes who thus far have just barely managed to stop a single city from getting destroyed.

If that's the case it makes even less sense. That means that a nuclear missile was launched from Russia at the US and the US government did literally nothing to try and stop it. Even Shield has some kind of government oversight. So unless Lyla is really, really terrible at her job and just didn't think to actually tell anyone that there was a possibility of a nuclear attack, it would mean both her and the government figured they would just leave protecting the entire country all up to a small group of vigilantes who thus far have just barely managed to stop a single city from getting destroyed.
    They did advise the president, who took the nation to def-con 2 since he didn't want to cause a panic...

I would think there'd be a multi-prong attack, but hey, if only Smoaks have Hax skilz, why would anyone else try?

IOW, I think we can all agree it's just a plot device to add some consequences to things and give Dark his juice. Arrow takes a lot of liberties with time/space when needed. (the Assassins Sacred Mountain is like a 5 minute drive from downtown Star City.)

This show is becoming unbearable to watch, similar to Legends. I literally cannot watch the latest episode 15 of Legends, that's how bad the show is.

I hope Flash won't become the same...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    They did advise the president, who took the nation to def-con 2 since he didn't want to cause a panic...

I would think there'd be a multi-prong attack, but hey, if only Smoaks have Hax skilz, why would anyone else try?

IOW, I think we can all agree it's just a plot device to add some consequences to things and give Dark his juice. Arrow takes a lot of liberties with time/space when needed. (the Assassins Sacred Mountain is like a 5 minute drive from downtown Star City.)
    I am usually the kind of person that is fine with suspension of disbelief in order to move the plot, but dropping a nuke on a US town is not just something you can just do to make Dark more powerful. A grand total of two nuclear weapons have been used in the past and they literally changed the world. This event should greatly alter the entire Arrowverse and yet I bet it will barely be mentioned (if it is at all) on Flash or Legends. Not just from the huge loss of life but from the political fallout as well.

I guess we will see how they handle it but I don't have high hopes.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    This show is becoming unbearable to watch, similar to Legends. I literally cannot watch the latest episode 15 of Legends, that's how bad the show is.

I hope Flash won't become the same...
    Strangely, the latest episode of Legends may have actually been it's best. Of course this was largely due to mostly sidelining the weakest parts, namely the Hawks and Savage, and focusing on the strongest parts, Sarah, Snart, and Hunter. It still had issues, but it was pretty good all things considered.