Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Ogre biology is weird.
    not enough eating veggies.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Lorewise Tauren are as big as the Standard-sized Ogres. So roughly 1.5 larger than they are now.
    But then they wouldn't be able to go through doors and such.
    Taurens are 8-12 feet tall and Ogres are like 7-9 feet tall.

10+ Year Old Account
    At first I noticed the size discrepancy coming from WC3 to WoW. Over time I started to like the new scale, it makes taurens look capable of speed and some level of agility.

It is not only Taurens. Night elves and trolls were both supposed to be between 8-9 ft. Tall with some rare cases cose to 10-11 ft. I know the lore on nelfs has been changed to make them closer to 7' and I think the trolls that we play (darkspear) are a smaller breed compared to other trolls.

On that note I like the tauren at this size it makes it believable that they wouldn't just dominate the other races. It also makes sense that they could lose most of their land and population to the centaurs at the smaller size.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosebleeds View Post
    Taurens are 8-12 feet tall and Ogres are like 7-9 feet tall.
    Ogres should be taller
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    I prefer them shrunked down into hamburger-size.
    How DARE you!? My sweet sweet tauren. </3

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverKnight View Post
    It is not only Taurens. Night elves and trolls were both supposed to be between 8-9 ft. Tall with some rare cases cose to 10-11 ft. I know the lore on nelfs has been changed to make them closer to 7' and I think the trolls that we play (darkspear) are a smaller breed compared to other trolls.

On that note I like the tauren at this size it makes it believable that they wouldn't just dominate the other races. It also makes sense that they could lose most of their land and population to the centaurs at the smaller size.
    centaurs are described to be bigger than tauren
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    Tauren are the heavy artillery of the Horde.In game they cant be shown that way because all races needs to be balanced.But in the lore they are so strong that it takes multiple members of the smaller race to bring one down.
    And then a dwarf mountain king one-shots a storm giant with a stormbolt, an orc throws his axe in a tantrum and one-shots a 20' treant, single-handedly breaking the siege on Splintertree, and goblins and gnomes regularly blow up and disintegrate things more than four times their size. And as TheSilverKnight said, the tauren were getting dunked on by centaurs before Green Moses guided his people across the sea and saved 'em. As the human RPers say to us night elf RPers on a regular basis, size isn't everything.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post
    How DARE you!? My sweet sweet tauren. </3
    "tauren female kissing your cheek"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    And then a dwarf mountain king one-shots a storm giant with a stormbolt, an orc throws his axe in a tantrum and one-shots a 20' treant, single-handedly breaking the siege on Splintertree, and goblins and gnomes regularly blow up and disintegrate things more than four times their size. And as TheSilverKnight said, the tauren were getting dunked on by centaurs before Green Moses guided his people across the sea and saved 'em. As the human RPers say to us night elf RPers on a regular basis, size isn't everything.
    just get you NE ass off and kick any human ass

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    I've only seen them in the game...they only exist in/because of the game...I don't think I understand.

See the large thing holding a gigantic wooden pole? See the size of the humans next to it? Yeah...

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    Tauren are the heavy artillery of the Horde.
    They were literally that in WC3. When you played with the Orcs and reached the last tech-branch, putting together a bunch of Tauren with the Pulverize skill could wreck tens of footmen, grunts, ghouls and archers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

I read "gnome-sized tauren." Immediately thought it was a wonderful idea. Totally cute. I'd like to have one, or three.

Loreology said Tauren were 10feet but scaled down for game size. His twitter account got shutdown so it got lost but you can see discussions on it.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10494929701

Trolls can get pretty big too. I vaguely recall reading years ago that the horde races (troll, orc, and tauren) were all smaller in game for gameplay purposes. Makes sense, but the immersion would be a lot of fun imo.

Also, Orgrimmar doors are already too small.
    Horseshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci Fi Samurai View Post
    Trolls can get pretty big too.
    They should dramatically grow in size when they go berserk. Of course this doesn't happen in-game since WoW does not have the capability to handle a character transforming in such way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    not enough eating veggies.
    Well, just being in a certain clan is the difference between being 7 ft tall and blue, or 25 ft tall, red, two-headed and having a horn.

So, it can be implied through permutations that there can be 100s of different subspecies of the Ogre species, with different races based on geographic and genetic background. Impressive considering they have no known females among their ranks. Given the massive amount of variety, Ogres cannot possibly be asexual either.

10+ Year Old Account
    But... I need Tauren to be bigger so people don't think my penis is small.
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

They should dramatically grow in size when they go berserk. Of course this doesn't happen in-game since WoW does not have the capability to handle a character transforming in such way.
    Is this sarcasm? There's a ton of abilities that make your character bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora Twinblade View Post

See the large thing holding a gigantic wooden pole? See the size of the humans next to it? Yeah...
    They don't look much bigger than the orcs in that pic, and the orcs look more muscular but not that much bigger than the elves (I think the only actual human in that pic is the guy on the horse).

Great Game though. I miss Blizz's old RTS storytelling :/

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, I transform the size and shape of my character in WoW almost buy the hour, idk what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by lakara648 View Post

Its a human kid (about 8 - 10 years old?) holding a Yuangol baby up to his/her father/mother.

I mean look at that. That Bull's face is BIGGER than a Human kids chest!
    Source? That definitely looks like some kind of ape as opposed to a yuangol. The feet aren't even hooves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.