Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    I honestly just don't see the point in that at all. This isn't like a solution to a problem, it is simply reverting back to a system that we already had AND that people almost unanimously agreed was awful.

Going to take a wild guess and say that they are going to revert this, and go back to the system we have now, just so they can say "Look guys, see we listen to your feedback!"
    Then they are going to pat each other on the back, and have the art team whip up a new mount for the cash shop.
    Yeah... No, I'd rather this so talent swapping doesn't cost
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Yeah... No, I'd rather this so talent swapping doesn't cost
    Not sure what you are trying to say, talent swapping doesn't cost anything now besides a reagent.
    They are adding a needless tax to counter a problem that only exists, because they f'd up and made gold so easy to come by that it caused super inflation. That tax is fine for people who already have shit tons of gold, but it disproportionately affects those who haven't spent the second half of an entire expansion just pooling gold; So, new and returning players.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Can someone double confirm this? Thanks
    Not true, it does cost a small amount of gold (1-62) to switch spec on beta.

Not sure what you are trying to say, talent swapping doesn't cost anything now besides a reagent.
    They are adding a needless tax to counter a problem that only exists, because they f'd up and made gold so easy to come by that it caused super inflation. That tax is fine for people who already have shit tons of gold, but it disproportionately affects those who haven't spent the second half of an entire expansion just pooling gold; So, new and returning players.
    Comeon, it's not gonna "affect" anyone. The cost is so minimal that noone will even notice it.
    Last edited by snackfeat; 2016-05-14 at 07:44 AM.

Complains a non real cost, try's to argue that reagent being needed for talent swapping is ok cus it's non real cost... Also, those entering late into an expansion will have enough problems with their artifact weapon.

- - - Updated - - -

Complains a non real cost, try's to argue that reagent being needed for talent swapping is ok cus it's non real cost... Also, those entering late into an expansion will have enough problems with their artifact weapon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Comeon, it's not gonna "affect" anyone. The cost is so minimal that noone will even notice it.
    I would consider 1g to be "Minimal", anything over that is not minimal. The cost isn't really even the point; The point is that they are adding a tax to playing a class, simply because. They could/should have just gotten rid of dual spec, and had something like loadouts instead. There is no reason for it to cost ANYTHING to respec, so them getting rid of dual spec in favor of a respec tax is obnoxious.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't read, try's to argue something that was never said.

Seriously, take a second to just read it... Did I at ANY point, in ANY way say that I was ok with it even costing a reagent? I was pointing out that it doesn't simply "cost" to swap talents, you are using the reagents to "forget" your current ability. That's all I said.

I don't think there should be any cost at all to switch specs, or switch talents.
    Every aspect of the leveling/gearing/progression process has been streamlined over the past 2 expansions to include all specs for a character, yet the ability to switch specs remains unchanged (for the most part) since Vanilla, and even the 1 change (dual spec) to that process is on the chopping block.

I would consider 1g to be "Minimal", anything over that is not minimal. The cost isn't really even the point; The point is that they are adding a tax to playing a class, simply because. They could/should have just gotten rid of dual spec, and had something like loadouts instead. There is no reason for it to cost ANYTHING to respec, so them getting rid of dual spec in favor of a respec tax is obnoxious.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't read, try's to argue something that was never said.

Seriously, take a second to just read it... Did I at ANY point, in ANY way say that I was ok with it even costing a reagent? I was pointing out that it doesn't simply "cost" to swap talents, you are using the reagents to "forget" your current ability. That's all I said.

I don't think there should be any cost at all to switch specs, or switch talents.
    Every aspect of the leveling/gearing/progression process has been streamlined over the past 2 expansions to include all specs for a character, yet the ability to switch specs remains unchanged (for the most part) since Vanilla, and even the 1 change (dual spec) to that process is on the chopping block.
    Why shouldn't changing specs cost anything? Would you prefer it if it didn't cost but required you to travel to stormwind or org to do it?

Let's not forget how you're going to have a superior artifact weapon making one spec already inferior in any raid setting

15+ Year Old Account
    Why shouldn't changing specs cost anything? Would you prefer it if it didn't cost but required you to travel to stormwind or org to do it?

Let's not forget how you're going to have a superior artifact weapon making one spec already inferior in any raid setting
    Why should it?

You seem to be making an argument that it should be inconvenient, simply for the sake of being inconvenient. The changes to almost every other aspect of playing a character have become MORE convenient over the past 2 expansions, so why now add to the inconvenience?

IDK, I guess this is how I feel about it...
    Fine, get rid of dual spec, allow loadouts, and let people switch their specs/talents when they choose. Don't just keep a cost around, simply because there has always been some cost; embrace the changes that have been made to character progression, and work toward making the process more enjoyable. I like that now I can get gear in one spec that is at least usable (not ideal) for a completely different spec. I find myself more willing to run different specs for different situations, because it is convenient to do so; I just pop into my second spec, switch a few pieces of gear, and am good to go. I would just go back to not changing specs if they got rid of dual spec, but kept a cost to respec.

Why should it?

You seem to be making an argument that it should be inconvenient, simply for the sake of being inconvenient. The changes to almost every other aspect of playing a character have become MORE convenient over the past 2 expansions, so why now add to the inconvenience?

IDK, I guess this is how I feel about it...
    Fine, get rid of dual spec, allow loadouts, and let people switch their specs/talents when they choose. Don't just keep a cost around, simply because there has always been some cost; embrace the changes that have been made to character progression, and work toward making the process more enjoyable. I like that now I can get gear in one spec that is at least usable (not ideal) for a completely different spec. I find myself more willing to run different specs for different situations, because it is convenient to do so; I just pop into my second spec, switch a few pieces of gear, and am good to go. I would just go back to not changing specs if they got rid of dual spec, but kept a cost to respec.
    Convince should come at a cost. I shouldn't be able to play this game with 0 gold outgoings, that's not healthy for any form of game economy. They already got rid of the need to gather seperate pieces of gear in certain slots, as far as I'm concerned their should still be some cost to switching specs so people invest more in a spec. When I do a dungeon, I want a guy who can heal, not someone who just shifted spec to get a quick queue and is hoping healbot helps them scrape through.

15+ Year Old Account
    Convince should come at a cost. I shouldn't be able to play this game with 0 gold outgoings, that's not healthy for any form of game economy. They already got rid of the need to gather seperate pieces of gear in certain slots, as far as I'm concerned their should still be some cost to switching specs so people invest more in a spec. When I do a dungeon, I want a guy who can heal, not someone who just shifted spec to get a quick queue and is hoping healbot helps them scrape through.
    But you will still be getting that with this system.
    People will be less likely to get any playtime on a secondary spec outside of those situations if they have to pay to do so. This change will do the opposite of what you want, because it will make people spend less time playing a secondary spec outside of those dungeon queues, and worse at them as a whole.
    Last edited by Zenotetsuken; 2016-05-14 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyonis View Post
    Can anyone in beta explain how this works for my shadow priest? If I want to heal a dungeon, will I automatically be disc or be holy? Or do I get to choose? Same thing for other classes with multiple specs for one role. Priests, druids, warriors, DKs and shamans.
    If you queue both DPS and Healer, you will be free-spec'd into the accepted role. You are obviously not locked to the spec (especially in PvE) but the free part is tied to your role in the instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I very rarely say that.....
    But this is one of the most retarded moves they've ever come up with.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

None of this matters or actually makes sense. It shouldn;t cost anything because we should be wanting people to try other specs. Instead, this is a useless, arbitrary punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    None of this matters or actually makes sense. It shouldn;t cost anything because we should be wanting people to try other specs. Instead, this is a useless, arbitrary punishment.
    Why should we? Why shouldn't it be more rewarding to stick too and enjoy one spec more than others? As if this actually punishes that style of play. People act as if it's hard to earn gold, even without garrisons 1 or 2 quick trash runs of BoT and you'll have enough gold for it. So funny people wanted the game to head back to Vanilla/TBC, well you have it now with having to farm ready for raids.

Why should we? Why shouldn't it be more rewarding to stick too and enjoy one spec more than others? As if this actually punishes that style of play. People act as if it's hard to earn gold, even without garrisons 1 or 2 quick trash runs of BoT and you'll have enough gold for it. So funny people wanted the game to head back to Vanilla/TBC, well you have it now with having to farm ready for raids.
    And how about rewards for enjoying ur spec both in PvP and PvE? Or different builds (and i mean builds and bindings) of your favourite spec? Why on earth do they MAKE me to change spec for pvping? Or idk how can i switch between pve and pvp builds FAST? Why can't i have two ways to play my spec without permanent changes of talents and key-bindings?

Quote Originally Posted by Elanies View Post
    And how about rewards for enjoying ur spec both in PvP and PvE? Or different builds (and i mean builds and bindings) of your favourite spec? Why on earth do they MAKE me to change spec for pvping? Or idk how can i switch between pve and pvp builds FAST? Why can't i have two ways to play my spec without permanent changes of talents and key-bindings?
    You know their are addons that can hold bindings? though I agree, much like blizzard has the wardrobe where you can save various gear loadouts, there should be the ability to save different keybinds/action bars for a single character. I'm not saying removing dual spec was all good. But I do think we as a community can't get vocal about alpha then complain when they try and give raiders more to farm for on a regular basis. Similar to when you had to farm buff food. Though we will have to do that soon again.

You know their are addons that can hold bindings? though I agree, much like blizzard has the wardrobe where you can save various gear loadouts, there should be the ability to save different keybinds/action bars for a single character. I'm not saying removing dual spec was all good. But I do think we as a community can't get vocal about alpha then complain when they try and give raiders more to farm for on a regular basis. Similar to when you had to farm buff food. Though we will have to do that soon again.
    Yeah, i know about saving bindings addons, i even use one to switch between CoP and Spirits for some encounters. But my addon saves only bindings, and i need some time to swap talents. Sometimes while questing you just have to do it rly fast. And moreover as far as i remember a rare addon works properly at the beginning of an expansion. Damn, i guess i'll rly have to go back on my mage just to have two separate specs for outdoor activities like dailies and pvp (its gonna be frost) and for pve.

As for all your story about UNIQUE experience of spec depth... you know, it would be great, and i'm all for it. But blizzard themselves made us switch specs by nerfs. They nerf some specs and you actually can't play them even if you'd love to. Do you remember ench-shammy in Lich king? Do you remember shadow priests? Do you remember frost pve mage? Surv hunter now? I used to be a hunter in Cata and you know what? I had to switch spec everytime they made a patch, coz there always was only one OP spec.
    And in WoD they actually make puredps classes to swap specs acc to encounters... So i don't think they are implementing this fee to let us feel the depth of one spec. We'll still HAVE TO swich specs if we want to damage much and be in the first raw in pve.

BTW sry for my english.

Deleted
    the gold fee on switching specs and the option to buy the token is just....it's just not right. make mounts and pets cost all the gold you want but please, please don't turn core game mechanics into gold sinks. - a worried fan

Its still in beta, if enough people whine over it, there is a chance it will be changed ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    the gold fee on switching specs and the option to buy the token is just....it's just not right. make mounts and pets cost all the gold you want but please, please don't turn core game mechanics into gold sinks. - a worried fan
    Core game mechanics need gold sinks on them (flight paths always have) so people who aren't cosmetic collectors have a reason to do content to earn gold...

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I very rarely say that.....
    But this is one of the most retarded moves they've ever come up with.
    Well you have to admit it will be glorious to watch it blow up in their faces.