The most boring brawl. I fucking hate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    such a interesting brawl you would come to the conclusion there are only three classes: freeze mage, mind vision/mind blast priest, and mech hunter. this brawl just beats any creativity out of you until you say "FUCK IT i'm joining the winning side. screw losing game after game after game." just gonna spend the rest of my brawls sitting there not doing anything pressing end turn or maybe summon a totem every now and then.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2016-05-14 at 04:16 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Nothing like running into mech hunter 17 games in a row.

Was having fun with evolve shaman, shadowbomber/mindblast priest and target dummy/bolster warrior.

Druid is funny.

Turn 1 shenanigans, feelsgoodman.

ends in

10+ Year Old Account
    this brawl should be renamed everyone plays Mechwarper like a loser.
    Hi

Deleted
    Grimscale Oracle + Murloc Tidehunter is almost as good as mechwarper/metaltooth leaper.
    It's the quickest way to clear your daily quests because these are neutral cards and any class can make this "deck".
    Drop 2 tidehunters, then drop all the grimscales and hit the opponent in the face for 10+ with each murloc
    With coin it wins vs. mechwarper hunters
    It's hard countered by mill druids tho, cos your grimscales buff their coldlights :/

There are plenty of really annoying decks in this brawl. I prefer to lose in turn 2 than to battle with 15x ice block mages.
    Or Coldlight + Innervate druids that can just keep drawing until their board is full in 1 turn.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2016-05-14 at 09:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Just because you keep losing to Mechwarper Hunters...LOL. Speaking of which, aside from a few unlucky games, Mechwarper Hunter seems to beat ALMOST all other decks. By round three, you can possibly have 3 6dmg warpers, a 5 dmg leaper, plus the leaper that doesn't get buffed for a whopping 26 dmg by the beginning of round 4. Unless you have a board-clearing deck, you're dead in the next 1-2 rounds. Just sayin'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Grimscale Oracle + Murloc Tidehunter is almost as good as mechwarper/metaltooth leaper.
    It's the quickest way to clear your daily quests because these are neutral cards and any class can make this "deck".
    Drop 2 tidehunters, then drop all the grimscales and hit the opponent in the face for 10+ with each murloc
    With coin it wins vs. mechwarper hunters
    It's hard countered by mill druids tho, cos your grimscales buff their coldlights :/

There are plenty of really annoying decks in this brawl. I prefer to lose in turn 2 than to battle with 15x ice block mages.
    Or Coldlight + Innervate druids that can just keep drawing until their board is full in 1 turn.
    I got an Ice Block mage to quit on round 5 with an Innervate/Rag deck

10+ Year Old Account
    New meta:

Innervate + Mana Wrath.

Started experimenting with this even though I'm already gold capped for the day. Beats most of the Mech stuff.
    Last edited by Twoddle; 2016-05-14 at 01:59 PM.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Ice Block + Fireball = never lost from Mech Warper decks
    This worked for me, I've won the majority of my battles thusfar from this combo. Lost to a druid mill deck though.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    such a interesting brawl you would come to the conclusion there are only three classes: freeze mage, mind vision/mind blast priest, and mech hunter. this brawl just beats any creativity out of you until you say "FUCK IT i'm joining the winning side. screw losing game after game after game." just gonna spend the rest of my brawls sitting there not doing anything pressing end turn or maybe summon a totem every now and then.
    I disagree. Warlocks & their mech decks with the enhanco bots are quite effective as well, used it to beat the increasingly popular forbidden healing/humility fatigue paladins. Warlocks with any charge minion, plus power overwhelming are also quite effective if you're not facing bolster warrior or ice block mage. You just need to use your own creativity & think about how your deck will work against 'meta tavern brawl decks'. If you are playing to not only have fun, but to win as well, then you can already know ahead of time to see if your deck is good or bad against the more popular ones.

I still see plenty of trogg & evolve shamans, as well as mill druids & word of glory/mind blast priests. This week's tavern brawl is honestly not as stale as people are trying to make it out to be. I've played over a hundred games & see plenty of variety. People just think it is stale because one deck does better than others most of the time (mech warper, even though there is always a better deck for most TBs) and how the games generally fall into high burst or long stall games. The card combinations & viable classes are plenty.

EDIT: Even the more popular net decks have at least a couple varieties as well, such as ice block mages using either fireball or ice lance or the many combinations of mechwarpers. Better than some other tavern brawls where the cookie cutter 'best' deck for a given hero had to be the same across the board with no choice for variation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ironik View Post
    Just because you keep losing to Mechwarper Hunters...LOL. Speaking of which, aside from a few unlucky games, Mechwarper Hunter seems to beat ALMOST all other decks. By round three, you can possibly have 3 6dmg warpers, a 5 dmg leaper, plus the leaper that doesn't get buffed for a whopping 26 dmg by the beginning of round 4. Unless you have a board-clearing deck, you're dead in the next 1-2 rounds. Just sayin'.

- - - Updated - - -

I got an Ice Block mage to quit on round 5 with an Innervate/Rag deck
    Y'Shaarj Druid will beat any mech warper decks if they get the coin & good rng with the innervates for a turn 1 summon. Mech Warper (hunter) also has nothing on mana wyrm frost nova mages most of the time, but Mech Warper (warlock) will usually trash them due to the taunts they generate.
    Last edited by Pantalaimon; 2016-05-14 at 06:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Love this brawl. All kinds of crazy things going on in there (ignoring the million mill druid, mech<class>, and god mage.) Zombie Chow + embrace the shadow, Innervate + Y'shaarj, Forbidden shaping + thought steal are among my favorite combos so far.
    Pokemon Shield
    FC: SW-6999-1982-1088
    Name: Awesome
    Always ready to battle!

Deleted
    Overall this was pretty damn lame brawl.

I have the most wins ever because they were the quickest games ever, many opponents just concede upon seeing what class you are playing.

It would be a bit better if you started at 5 mana or something, allowing players to play big legendary minions (other than Druids) and board clears. With normal mana gain board clears are pretty much non-existent because you're dead long before you can even play them, that's how aggressive the decks are. There's one deck that works, ele destruction + volcanic drake shaman I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Overall this was pretty damn lame brawl.

I have the most wins ever because they were the quickest games ever, many opponents just concede upon seeing what class you are playing.

It would be a bit better if you started at 5 mana or something, allowing players to play big legendary minions (other than Druids) and board clears. With normal mana gain board clears are pretty much non-existent because you're dead long before you can even play them, that's how aggressive the decks are. There's one deck that works, ele destruction + volcanic drake shaman I guess.
    Not all brawls are meant to be long games where you duke it out with big minions. You could easily make the same complaint, just reversed, about many other brawls. TBs like You Must Be this Tall to Brawl don't allow players to have fast games outside of Mind Games shenanigans, and most classes don't get to play small minions.

Even with starting at 5 mana I don't think most decks would run board clears otherwise you wouldn't win any time soon unless the other card in your deck was something like Mind Blasts.

There are some decks that are super drawn out for this TB and are anything but aggressive games. The Iceblock Mage (Fireball variant) can't kill you before turn 7 & that would only kill you that quick if the mage never had to play a single secret, which is doubtful. Forbidden Healing Humility Pallies also frequently extend games past turn 10, if not into fatigue. Word of Glory Mind Blast Priests will also drag the game on until the late game when they can safely cast MBs at you. If you also aren't playing an aggressive deck then good luck making quick games out of Whirlwind Armorsmith Warriors. The reason why it seems there are no slow decks this TB is because some of the above decks have a lower win rate versus what most players are using, as well as the fact that the majority of gold cappers don't want to do it using a deck that takes 10-15 minutes to win each time.
    Last edited by Pantalaimon; 2016-05-15 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Funny you mention that, but the community did think that the idea of a deck filled with a ton of 1 mana secrets was a wacky type of deck that supposedly wouldn't see much play in the competitive scene. As much as I hated losing to it I do admit that looking back on the deck it is amusing that a deck with minions that couldn't out dps a hunter by themselves could not only trash face hunter, but laugh in the face of wallet control decks simply by adding a bunch of weak secrets (barring avenge) and adding 1-2 mid range bombs. So I did think that it was funny to see people who spent real money on the game for an extra edge get trashed by f2p players using some almighty 1 mana secret deck.

Tavern Brawls are, for the most part, not meant to resemble balance. It isn't constructed or arena so I don't see what there is to complain about.
    Weak secrets didn't make that deck strong, shielded mini bot and muster did. Without those 2 cards to carry the deck to turn 6 it wouldn't of seen the light of day.

I think it's funny that you think all those wallet warriors spent millions of dollars on this game. I literally had spent nothing on this game and had all the cards for it back when it was the shit.

I never complained about tavern not being balanced.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Exactly! People don't play for fun ... they play to get stuff. They will spend HOURS doing something they aren't even enjoying to "farm gold" to ... spend in a game that they are constantly doing things they aren't enjoying to farm gold?

This brawl is ONLY dull because the players have made it that way. There are 893845093485 fun decks you could experiment with and tinker with and lose big and win big with and laugh and enjoy ... but in the games I played I saw 16-ish net decks on the front page of HearthPwn right now. I saw ONE (maybe two) original decks.

Why? Because people want to farm gold...

Can you imagine the games 10 years from now? There will be no pvp games at all and they will all be Mage Iceblock + Fireball mechanics versus shitty AI ... but man will you get some sweet (useless) rewards for it!

- - - Updated - - -

Try wisps with evolve. A guy did that against me and it was pretty hilarious (and he dominated me).
    ^^ This guy gets it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't play fun decks because if you try you run into the Prisoner's Dilemma. 9 out of 10 games you'll meet either an Ice Block Mage or a Metaltooth Hunter and get the sucker's payoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    You can't play fun decks because if you try you run into the Prisoner's Dilemma. 9 out of 10 games you'll meet either an Ice Block Mage or a Metaltooth Hunter and get the sucker's payoff.
    Play fun decks that counter them!

To counter Ice Block Mage, play Paladin and go Forbidden Healing + Humility (also counters aggro, but if you find yourself running into Mages consistently, you can use Holy Light or Truesilver Champion instead).

To counter super aggro like Metaltooth Hunter, play Shaman and go Elemental Destruction + Volcanic Drake. This super-counters any deck with minions of 4 or less health. It won't do too well against Bolster Warrior, Iron Sensei Rogue, or other decks that can buff the health of minions past 4 (with some luck, past 5). It causes Metaltooth to auto-concede after you play your combo though.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Play fun decks that counter them!
    TBH I've been playing Innervate + Mana Wraith with some success.

I played a Mechwarper counter-deck all morning to try to clear some quests, only ran into one Mechwarper (a priest) out of a dozen games. And only one ice block mage, too. Was very annoying.