Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Tell me Why does Eu has higher token price than US?
    IMHO, cuz NA players are more laid-back and casual than EU players. NA players tend to have much better buying power, I can't say that many people rely on tokens there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    and that's the reason missions and garrisons will stick around in some form or another because as much as people bitch about them people like you still do em everyday on numerous toons and Blizzard knows that
    yeah, its easy money, im not going to skip out on it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Yeah. But to be fair, getting the system up to make that much amount gold is not exactly fast. 11 alts. Level 3 garrison . Probably most of the followers have the treasure hunter trait. Level 675+ gear etc.

Like they say, making your first million is the hard part.
    yeah, the 675 took alot of dwarven bunkers, and the weeks it took to get 25 treasure hunters (about 20)
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    Yeah, these "claims" have been made since garrisons existed. Amazingly, even with videos, graphs/tables/spreadsheets and other data, and explicit instructions on how, people still, after all these months and months, don't believe how easy it is to make gold with an army of alts and garrisons-for an extremely small amount of time logged daily (once they get set up).
    'Easy' and 'Army of alts' do not go hand in hand for some people. I do not have an army of alts because I am not a fan of the content for this expansion. Last expansion I had a ton of characters at max level. This one I struggle to log onto my main for raid time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Be happy you have it that good. You should be celebrating instead.
    No? Cause I couldn't afford it either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    so 47k, for 1 month of play time, 20$ is "sky rocketing" i made 150k a week spending mabye half a hour.... so...
    30 minutes per char or 30 minutes total? I love these baseless claims btw.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheThraxe View Post
    Fallacy of relative privation ("not as bad as") – dismissing an argument or complaint due to the existence of more important problems in the world, regardless of whether those problems bear relevance to the initial argument.

So many EU players in this thread being upset that the US players dare talk about their own specific economy and prices. Even though they pretty much have nothing to do with other region ones.

While this thread has already been sufficiently derailed, maybe we can stop with the constant EU comparisons now.
    Some European countries have the same or better average purchasing power/wealth/... compared to the average U.S. citizen, yet they have to pay twice as much gold for a European token because of poorer European countries also being part of the EU token zone. Can a 'rich' European national then not use the EU price as an argument against US players complaining about their token price?

Quote Originally Posted by Grandork View Post
    Wonder what is causing it.
    Low demand from the microtransaction side.

Token objectives are threefold: 1) Legitimize and control gold-selling, 2) Maintain an additional revenue stream from real-money higher-income players, 3) Aid subscription numbers while portraying some effective gains through gold-for-sub of as much as 50 cents on the dollar. Guaranteed auction sale times remove any doubt that while many tokens are auctioned in-game, many aren't — the point is to bank cash at $20 or €20 EUR.

Thus, in order to stabilize real-money token sales, Blizzard sweetens the value.

Expect a sharp drop after the movie releases in June, and another before and after pre-patch.

Deleted
    47k is high? It's around 85k in Europe and probably somewhere around 200k on the Asian servers...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    30 minutes per char or 30 minutes total? I love these baseless claims btw.
    30 minutes over all of them, again you can google guides on this, tons of people do this

about 15 seconds per char per day, then 30 miutes are the end of a month

like is it not common fucking knowledge to people garrisons pump peoples bags full of gold?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    'Easy' and 'Army of alts' do not go hand in hand for some people. I do not have an army of alts because I am not a fan of the content for this expansion. Last expansion I had a ton of characters at max level. This one I struggle to log onto my main for raid time.
    thing is once you get it set up, its super easy, yes it takes alot of early time commitment, but once that is over its super easy gold income, plus i have been gettign these chars up over the last 10 years, vanilla 2, bc 3, wrath 6, cata 7, mop 9, wod 11 (toons at max level) also with the free 90, and 100 boost ,aswell as heirlooms/exp pots, basicly for my alts i used the 300% increased exp pot, plus the 20% increased one, and just flew aroudn collecting treasures on all my toons (as soon as flying was added

like for all of you out there ike "yall are fucking liars" just do some simple google searches!

videos
    guides
    charts
    everything! to show you how much gold you can make

(sadley at this point you would not be able to make back your investment if you started now)
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-05-14 at 07:04 PM.

I don't get where you guys are getting this "Price will drop with Movie and Pre-patch". It's not like Pre-patch will introduce new stuff to buy, unless someone is leveling an Alt and wants to buy some 715 gear in order to rush 91~100, thus there won't be much influx of Tokens, but there WILL be a LOT more demand for them, since a lot of people will come back to the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    There is a good chance that comes legion a lot of people return and sell tokens to get some gold flow going. Which would then tank the prices at the AH down.
    But...
    If that wave gets countered by returning players buying a lot of tokens, it levels out again and nothing moves at all.

And option three would be Blizzard altering the prices either way.
    It's really possible, yeah, to get cash bought tokens dropping the price in gold, because I'm almost certain one of the pre-MoP "dupe rumors" were probably just high end guilds buying TCG items (literal TCGs). Of course I'm not convinced that Blizzard sets the prices solely based on supply and demand and not just partly.

Deleted
    yes it takes alot of early time commitment
    Kinda the point of the rebuttals..
    The effort you have to put in to grind 11 alts with fully decked out lvl3 garrisons propped with treasure hunters is just plain crazy and made no sense at all to me. I was ready to puke after I was done with my main. It's boring as hell.

But of course we all have our subjective ideas of "fun"-value.
    Maybe you enjoyed it, but to me, the "easy gold" wasn't easy at all.

I think you have to valuate the whole effort - not just the final bit that pays off.

At this point with the amount of time left before legion its not possible to get everything set up to make that happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    The effort you have to put in to grind 11 alts with fully decked out lvl3 garrisons propped with treasure hunters is just plain crazy and made no sense at all to me. I was ready to puke after I was done with my main. It's boring as hell.

I think you have to valuate the whole effort - not just the final bit that pays off.
    really its just open the 500 cache every 2 days, get a follower each week, and open the dwarvern bunker every two days, and you do that ever yweek till youve got 25 675 followers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post

well for me, sitting at 3 mil, after having spent about 2 mil in the last few months.. yeah it was worth it :P

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    isnt that exactly my point? These are not the same as "sending a few followers on garrison missions"
    I guess I'm just not understanding you because this is what they said

so 47k, for 1 month of play time, 20$ is "sky rocketing" i made 150k a week spending mabye half a hour.... so...
    I don't see where they implied that it was missions only?

Deleted
    There is not enough supply. Token is best indicator that WoW has less and less subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Lmfao, 86k in EU.
    When I checked earlier it was over 92k. Might be that it's different from server to server? idk.
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy.
    But without the hero,
    there is no Event."
    -Zurin Arctus | the Underking

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talby View Post
    I guess I'm just not understanding you because this is what they said

I don't see where they implied that it was missions only?
    huh? what are you talking about...?

Quote Originally Posted by YoFro View Post
    Its at 47k. I'd just like to point out that you must be thinking the market works in the opposite way it actually does. The reason it is so high is because there are less on the market. Once everyone comes back when prepatch hits, people start buying the tokens with money and flooding the ah with them the gold price will crash. Right now its a sellers market.
    Ding Ding Ding. There is no need for gold right now, as the game shits it out. The people who play through these droughts are not noobs who need gold.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Tell me Why does Eu has higher token price than US?
    because the eu has more players and thus MORE DEMAND for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Only if you ignore the vastly differering economies.
    What "different economyies"? wow is the same game in eu and us.