Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aSynchro View Post
    _ Hey bob, swap to healer for this boss fight please.
    *100g*
    _ Bob, can you swap back to dps for the trash ?
    *100g*
    _ Ok bob, you'll heal on this boss.
    *100g*
    _ Oh wait, Lisa and Bill are enough, stay dps please.
    *100g*
    _ Ok so the next one is really though, we'll need 3 healers here.
    *100g*

Great, thanks for nothing Blizzard :S
    Or, as the system actually works:

_Hey, Bob, swap to healer for this boss fight, please.
    *0g*
    _Bob, can you swap back to DPS for the trash?
    *0g*
    _Okay Bob, you'll heal on this boss.
    *20g*
    _Oh wait, Lisa and Bill are enough, stay DPS please.
    *0g*
    _Okay so the next one is really tough, we'll need 3 healers here.
    *41g*
    _Bob, switch back to DPS again, to continue illustrating this system.
    *0g*
    _Heal again, Bob...again!
    *62g*
    _Damn it, we're not done. Switch back to DPS!
    *0g*
    _Okay, heal one last time, Bob, because we've capped out, so it would get repetitive after this.
    *62g*
    _And switch back to DPS one last time. I'm sorry, Bob.
    *0g*

How many re-specs did you do tonight, Bob? 10? Wow...how much did that cost you? 185g? Well, so much for the spectral tiger mount...
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    Or, as the system actually works:

_Hey, Bob, swap to healer for this boss fight, please.
    *0g*
    _Bob, can you swap back to DPS for the trash?
    *0g*
    _Okay Bob, you'll heal on this boss.
    *20g*
    _Oh wait, Lisa and Bill are enough, stay DPS please.
    *0g*
    _Okay so the next one is really tough, we'll need 3 healers here.
    *41g*
    _Bob, switch back to DPS again, to continue illustrating this system.
    *0g*
    _Heal again, Bob...again!
    *62g*
    _Damn it, we're not done. Switch back to DPS!
    *0g*
    _Okay, heal one last time, Bob, because we've capped out, so it would get repetitive after this.
    *62g*
    _And switch back to DPS one last time. I'm sorry, Bob.
    *0g*

How many re-specs did you do tonight, Bob? 10? Wow...how much did that cost you? 185g? Well, so much for the spectral tiger mount...
    Everyone will hit the max cost and stay at the max cost basically the entire expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Everyone will hit the max cost and stay at the max cost basically the entire expansion.
    Unless it resets, which is pretty likely since that's how the current resetting of specs work. But even if they don't, it would have added a grand total of 63 more gold to that cost.

Unless it resets, which is pretty likely since that's how the current resetting of specs work. But even if they don't, it would have added a grand total of 63 more gold to that cost.
    Yeah the cost will go down if you go a few weeks without changing specs...which isn't going to happen. And you're pulling 62 out of your ass from who the hell knows where? You're using present cost on Live I guess, which it won't be. Basically...you have no idea what you're talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the cost will go down if you go a few weeks without changing specs...which isn't going to happen. And you're pulling 62 out of your ass from who the hell knows where? You're using present cost on Live I guess, which it won't be. Basically...you have no idea what you're talking about.
    62 gold is the current cap on Legion beta. It's been mentioned in this thread.

This cost for switching specs is absurd. As a paladin that likes to play ret and holy interchangeably. Solo content I play ret, and for raid I change between what is needed for the fight (3 or 4 healers). Since dual spec has been introduced switching specs has been free. All of a sudden introducing a cost to change for no real reason is bullshit. Adding the fact that the cost is more than most quests give. If it was like 5-10 gold then fine.. But the way it is now at 70-150 gold all it is is a punishing mechanic.

62 gold is the current cap on Legion beta. It's been mentioned in this thread.
    And it was 100g not long ago, so who knows what it'll end up. But fine, let's say its 62 gold. Hell, I respec 10-20 times a day sometimes. So I should have to spend 1000g daily for something I already paid 1000g to unlock (dual spec)? This is a ridiculous change that will punish players who like to take on different roles.

The 'it's a free respec when you queue' is a terrible band-aid to self-inflicted wound.

10+ Year Old Account
    A few weeks rofl
    No, not nearly that long. Like, a day.

So I should have to spend 1000g daily for something I already paid 1000g to unlock (dual spec)?
    Dual spec was 1k in Wrath. It's currently 10g. If you bought it when it actually cost 1k then you've gotten years of use out of it. You weren't cheated out of that gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    A few weeks rofl
    No, not nearly that long. Like, a day.
    A day? A day for the respec cost to decay? You clearly have NO idea what you're talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    A day? A day for the respec cost to decay? You clearly have NO idea what you're talking about.
    Says the guy talking about "weeks" and how he changes spec "20 times a day"
    Sure pal, sure.
    This isn't an issue at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Says the guy talking about "weeks" and how he changes spec "20 times a day"
    Sure pal, sure.
    This isn't an issue at all.
    Do you not think it takes weeks for the respec cost to go down? Last I looked the cost was reduced by 5g a MONTH. Now, to be fair, I don't even play anymore and I barely played WoD...but since gold has exploded even more in this expansion I very much doubt they made it cheaper to respec.

And yes, I often respec that many times. Do you not? Respec, try some rotations on a target dummy, change to a diff spec, do the same, run an old raid in a different spec, pvp in a different spec, do dungeons or raids in a different spec. Just change specs because it's fun to play differently. But it's clear Blizzard wants Legion to be the 'eliminate the off-spec' expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yes, I often respec that many times. Do you not? Respec, try some rotations on a target dummy, change to a diff spec, do the same, run an old raid in a different spec, pvp in a different spec, do dungeons or raids in a different spec. Just change specs because it's fun to play differently. But it's clear Blizzard wants Legion to be the 'eliminate the off-spec' expansion.
    Roughly half of those respecs (the ones back to your chosen primary spec) will be free, as will be the ones where you choose to run dungeons in a different spec. If you're respeccing 20 times a day that cost gold, you're probably a niche case.

Confused why they'd do something this dumb, when the obvious move was to simply make it so you can swap specs any time, with no penalty.

10+ Year Old Account
    omg 62g for spec switching. wow.

This is really going to put a huge dent into the hundreds of thousands of free gold garrison has given me.

Because it's definitely realistic for the average player to switch specs 10 times/day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    Confused why they'd do something this dumb, when the obvious move was to simply make it so you can swap specs any time, with no penalty.
    So where are the gold sinks supposed to be? What's next? No repair cost either?

I wonder who gets the gold when you click button to respec? You had to go to trainer before and pay to them but who gets it now?
    Last edited by Bumbac; 2016-05-15 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    I wonder who gets the gold when you click button to respec? You had to go to trainer before and pay to them but who gets it now?
    Blizzard, when players buy Tokens to sell to make up for this ludicrous gold sink.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Why should we? Why shouldn't it be more rewarding to stick too and enjoy one spec more than others? As if this actually punishes that style of play. People act as if it's hard to earn gold, even without garrisons 1 or 2 quick trash runs of BoT and you'll have enough gold for it. So funny people wanted the game to head back to Vanilla/TBC, well you have it now with having to farm ready for raids.
    Why should we be punished for switching specs? Whats the use of that?

- - - Updated - - -

Core game mechanics need gold sinks on them (flight paths always have) so people who aren't cosmetic collectors have a reason to do content to earn gold...
    Switching specs and talents shouldn't be a mechanic we pay for though. It serves no real purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

We don't need a better argument, there isn't anything wrong with the system they're putting in place. For years people have asked for all their specs available while out and about, and now they are and you're still not happy.
    Yes, you need a better argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Core parts of the game need to be money sinks since it gives reasons to do content.
    Well, false.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripstop View Post
    Oh boy. Where are you getting these crazy ideas?
    I've seen that on the artifact calculators at wowhead. Don't know about the artifact power required, but on this link, it's the Hungering Maw sitting in the middle.

http://legion.wowhead.com/artifact-c...RHgESEBUzAVTxQ

- - - Updated - - -

Core parts of the game need to be money sinks since it gives reasons to do content.
    So THAT'S what I've been doing wrong in WoD...

I thought content was meant to be FUN. I should have known that anything that tedious could only have been a chore, not a game...