Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well, I met my wife online so....it worked for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Met mine online/ World of Warcraft as well. Currently living together in North Carolina as she finishes Medical school.
    Last edited by Buckeyenut88; 2016-05-14 at 11:00 PM.
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

met mine on match, been together for 5 years almost

I could never. I'd expect to get catfished.

Met my current GF online.

We have been together for a year and 7 months and I have been living with her for about 5 months. I have known her for abit over 2 years. We was together for a bit before this time around but somethings happen and we broke up for like 2 months.

Everything is great now
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Met my current gf through raiding with her ex husband.. sounds so silly typing it out
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    not really no. i expect to die alone.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Nope. But then I never had the luck of finding anyone online who would be even remotely close to my area (even guildies back then) and I generally avoid German gaming sites and usually don't engage in close relationships on programming and electronics sites .

I met my fiance on a dating site called plenty of fish ^_^
    I talked to him online for about 3 months before we actually met in person, been together about 2 and a half years now.
    Met a couple of my exes on dating sites too...that didn't work out though, hence the word "exes"

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Not me. It strikes me as desperate and/or risky. Good way to end up as a piece of human skin leather in some psycho's house.

But you're doing the right thing at least by meeting her first. Do it in a very public place. That way if it's a scam or someone planning to rob and/or hurt you, they won't have the opportunity.
    I want to live one day in this paranoid fantasy world. It sounds so fucking exciting!

Is he the pizza man? OR A MUUUUURRDDEERRRRRERRRR?!

Yeah I met a girl online and we've been living together for near 9 years now, so it went alright I spose!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never had an online relationship, but I dated someone years ago that I had originally met online. We both were apart of the same online community, lived near each other and had shared interests, so we met up at a local event and eventually began dating (and then not dating, as relationships often go).

I don't think it particularly matters where you first meet someone. It's the time while you're dating that is important.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Met my fiance through WoW two years ago. We talked as friends for several months as he was coming off a very hard relationship and I was willing to be a friend first before pressuring him more with flirting. Eventually, when he was ready, it blossomed into more and we planned a meeting. I drove to his house and stayed at a hotel for a week and visited. Since I knew him but didn't "know" him I was not about to stay at his house in case he turned out to be a psycho IRL. Turned out that was not the case, he came back with me for a week then I returned for a week. Two weeks later he moved in and brought three cats (sweet babies too). It has been a 1.5 years now and we are just as giddy as we were the first week.

Your mileage may differ but it in all honesty is up to just how much effort you both put into it and how true you both wish to be to each other. It will obviously be awkward at first because you will be constantly checking/testing each other and yourself out for the "how true are you to your online persona" until that moment that it clicks and you realize it either works or won't. I hope you keep us up to date in a vague manner and I wish you all the luck in the world that it works out when you do meet. It can be a highly energized and a emotional journey but its hella fun when it works out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    not really no. i expect to die alone.
    Why would you say that? I'd say there's someone for everyone. Its just a matter of putting yourself out there. But you have to start liking yourself before expecting someone else to. Cheer up buddy.
    Last edited by mmoc87911d0539; 2016-05-15 at 02:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    No I haven't had a relationship of any kind.
    Who needs women when you have waifus.

No boyfriend or anything online but met a lot of people online who are now real life friends, abroad and all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I met my wife online.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maunazero View Post
    Met my fiance through WoW two years ago. We talked as friends for several months as he was coming off a very hard relationship and I was willing to be a friend first before pressuring him more with flirting. Eventually, when he was ready, it blossomed into more and we planned a meeting. I drove to his house and stayed at a hotel for a week and visited. Since I knew him but didn't "know" him I was not about to stay at his house in case he turned out to be a psycho IRL. Turned out that was not the case, he came back with me for a week then I returned for a week. Two weeks later he moved in and brought three cats (sweet babies too). It has been a 1.5 years now and we are just as giddy as we were the first week.

Your mileage may differ but it in all honesty is up to just how much effort you both put into it and how true you both wish to be to each other. It will obviously be awkward at first because you will be constantly checking/testing each other and yourself out for the "how true are you to your online persona" until that moment that it clicks and you realize it either works or won't. I hope you keep us up to date in a vague manner and I wish you all the luck in the world that it works out when you do meet. It can be a highly energized and a emotional journey but its hella fun when it works out.
    Sorry for quoting all of it. I'll try my best to keep you posted. Cheers for the long answer. She is very special to me and I sure hope it evolves to something more. She is due to visit in a week so we'll see how it turns out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Who needs women when you have waifus.
    I haven't found my waifu yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    I haven't found my waifu yet.
    Keep looking, I'm sure there's one out there for you.