Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Its because popplios design is, from an art grad point of view, the laziest. Rowlett is based on a barn owl, a creature known for dwelling in abandoned human dwellings in the country. So things like his little bowtie take this idea of nature adapting to man in a visual direction. Littens facial design is the alchemical symbol for suplhur and when its fur is raised on its back when angry it looks like a volcano.

Popplio is a sealion with clown stuff on. Because circus seals.

Its too on the rubber clown nose and lacks the thought put into the visuals of the other two.

They are all thought to be based on the circus actually. Popplio the performing sealion balancing balls and honking horns, litten one of those tigers that jumps through hoops or maybe holds the guys head in its mouth, and rowlet (with his little bowtie) is thought to be a ringmaster.

Plus, all the designs are very simple when you consider them; Rowlet is just round with a leafy bowtie, Litten is just a stripey black and red cat, and Popplio is a sealion with a ruffled collar and ball nose. None of them are considerably standoutish by design =p

That said, I love them all. People are just mad at Popplio because he's the goofiest looking one with his happy face and yes the ball nose. Doesn't mean he isn't super cute. Laziest design? The art designers, and Masuda himself, have said how they put the most effort into starters more than any other. Maybe not very impressive right now, but the potential of all of them is great.

Not to say I still don't hold reservations that the end design of any of them, especially Popplio, will turn out awful, it's always a fear, I really just hope Popplio proves everyone wrong by the end of it all :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Gonna name mine Muco if this is the case.
    I have the perfect edgy nickname, but I shall save it all to myself!

Also, Popplio doesn't deserve all this hate I think (Mudkip was the worst water starter anyway obviously).
    Although I will admit this is the first time I'm extremely tempted to pick the grass starter, the last time I did that was Gold and Silver.

oooo, gonna go for moon for sure, that bat pokemon is awesome. also gonna Litten it up hurhuhurhur.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    So much this. Could keep breeding useful without destroying the fun of OCDs like me. IV's need to go.

- - - Updated - - -

It bounces. Gen 2 was mostly bad IMO. Same with Gen 5. Both had one redeeming starter (Cyndaquil and Oshawott).
    Along with having Pokemon having to learn HM moves to use in the environment. I don't want to waste my 6th slot for a slave and I just want to use the move if a Pokemon is allowed to use it. If they can learn it, good for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if pokemon could learn 5 or 6 moves, but could only go into battle with 4? You could learn the HMS and still have nice moves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

Also, Popplio doesn't deserve all this hate I think (Mudkip was the worst water starter anyway obviously).
    Although I will admit this is the first time I'm extremely tempted to pick the grass starter, the last time I did that was Gold and Silver.
    I think these starters look fine popplio included and we havent seen their other forms so and they seem to have a lot of personality in their looks right now I am torn with Popplio depending on his typing and move set and other evolutions and Rowlet Tough I doubt he will change in typing in his whole evolution line.

Hope that some Kanto pokemon i list get a mega this time around, Bring some life back into some of the now kinda forgotten older pokemon.

Rapidash - Fire /Fairy - Good opportunity to build on an already popular Pegasus design. Buff attack /speed and leftover stat points in equal defense. Give it play rough, Sheer Force and then good to go. Potential move set could be Flare blitz / Wild charge or Megahorn / Play rough / Poison jab

Potential Look - http://i.imgur.com/0mOCmmW.png

Golduck - Water /Physic - Kinda want him to be seen as an offensive version of Slowbro mega, Equal Special and physical attack, Rest in speed. New ability, Perhaps Wonder Skin or Magic Bounce.

Potential look - https://i.imgur.com/gzgoBp7.png

Arbok - Poison / Dark - This guy needs love, Attack / Speed / Def buff. New ability, Infiltrator. Open up move pool a bit for moves like Knock off , Dragon Dance , Night slash, X-scissor, U-Turn.

Potential look - http://i.imgur.com/BxBAQ39.png

Just hope one of these 3 get the much needed mega over pokemon already deemed powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanBread View Post
    I think these starters look fine popplio included and we havent seen their other forms so and they seem to have a lot of personality in their looks right now I am torn with Popplio depending on his typing and move set and other evolutions and Rowlet Tough I doubt he will change in typing in his whole evolution line.
    Also don't forget what happened to Chespin, people loved him until he evolved

So torn between fat owl and fire kitten.

At least Moon over Sun is an easy choice.

10+ Year Old Account

What's wrong with Mudkip!? :O Marshtomp was kinda lame but I always liked Swampert. I agree that grass has been lame for a while and Rowlet looks awesome. Obviously I'm going to name mine Dr. Who! Double meaning intended.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Updated HP bars and actual bystanders in battle!?

Reposted from the Pokemon thread.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/lwkAuQl.jpg
    Cool! You can see NPC models on the battlefield. I wonder if the game simply zooms in on the world map to the battle, or if there are specific battle scenes for towns with NPCs in them.

- - - Updated - - -

HP bar looks like it's from a fighting game.

Also don't forget what happened to Chespin, people loved him until he evolved
    Only problem I have with Chesnaught is his colors, none of them matches Quilladin's. Why would they do that ? Even Shiny Chesnaught's color set goes better with normal Quilladin.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Only problem I have with Chesnaught is his colors, none of them matches Quilladin's. Why would they do that ? Even Shiny Chesnaught's color set goes better with normal Quilladin.
    Have you ever seen chestnuts? They are green when unripened and brown when ripened. Chesnaught is just a ripe chestnut.

- - - Updated - - -

Unripe

Ripe

Pretty much how most people feel i take it. : D

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Have you ever seen chestnuts? They are green when unripened and brown when ripened. Chesnaught is just a ripe chestnut.
    Yeah, and that's why normal Chesnaught main color is...white-beige...and the only brown things are his fingers. His normal color set is stupid. He's an albinos chesnut, so good...no.

I fall more and more in love with rowlet every day. Definitely my favorite starter since Treecko

I might actually use the Grass type this time. I don't really like Grass. It doesn't have the strengths I like... But a Grass/Flying is nice. And it's not frickin' Hoppip.

Stupid ugly horrifying Hoppip.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    I fall more and more in love with rowlet every day. Definitely my favorite starter since Treecko
    I'm in love with Rowlet, too! I think it is so much cuter, but also going to be a bit more usefull, being a Grass+Flying, in what seems to be a Grass-Water starting area!

And because it is relevant!::

I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm slowly turning to the Rowlet side myself. It's almost a shame that I'm passing up a cat pokemon....but dude...those head turns, his little bowtie, and those eyes that stare into your soul... Don't know that I can pass that up. I need to get back on Y and finish it out, because I stopped in the middle and don't have close to a completed pokedex.
    BAD WOLF