Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Been in alpha since the "13/13 Mythic" wave went out, I can agree with OP. The content, both leveling and max level is leaps and bounds above WoD.

I could not bring myself to level in WoD beta to max level, but in Legion Alpha I did it essentially twice(1 lvl 110, rest 102-104 in different zones).
    Last edited by Tehterokkar; 2016-05-15 at 02:44 AM.

The whole intro/get your artifact thing I didn't enjoy so much, but I'm getting into Stormheim. It has a very Northrend-ish feel to it, and there's a lot going on. Haven't tried any of the other zones yet.

Give it a couple of months for the "Shiny & New" effect to wear off. Then come back and make a more objective assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Give it a couple of months for the "Shiny & New" effect to wear off. Then come back and make a more objective assessment.
    As you said, it has a certain impact. But nontheless, it looks beautiful, it feels smooth when dpsing, no downtime. Graphics are really appealing, those things doesnt have anything to do with Shiny and new. But it all comes down to if Blizzard follows up with good patches or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    are we allowed to make positive posts? i didn't think that was what al gore invented the internet for.

in all seriousness though, i'm pretty hyped to see it and glad ppl are enjoying wow again!
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    I'm finally completed, PvP with little to no advantage when it comes to gear

how can you even say that with such a short gear gap and availability
    Due to the fact that gear in BG's downscales, maximum difference between the best geared and lowest geared player is 7%.

Very much enjoying the pve side of things, but pvp side is a disaster of epic proportions, and hasn't got any better since alpha pvp server went live.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusified View Post
    As you said, it has a certain impact. But nontheless, it looks beautiful, it feels smooth when dpsing, no downtime. Graphics are really appealing, those things doesnt have anything to do with Shiny and new. But it all comes down to if Blizzard follows up with good patches or not.
    Exactly. People need to keep in mind that we're coming off the worst expansion in WoW's history(WoD), with a 14 month content drought for added flavor. Virtually ANYTHING new would be welcome and well-received. All I'm saying is that people need to step back and really think with their head instead of just reacting with their gut.

Maybe Legion is good, maybe not. But don't lose your mind just because it's new. The real test will be 2-3 months after launch; the same timeframe that WoD took its biggest sub drop once people realized it wasn't all that great. Will Legion follow suit, or will it actually hold up under stress?

I agree op. Legion has been fun not counting phasing issues of course.

Exactly. People need to keep in mind that we're coming off the worst expansion in WoW's history(WoD), with a 14 month content drought for added flavor.
    Do we jsut totally ignore HFC when discussing WoD or somehting?
    Worst is an extremely subjective opinion to have of WoD
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2016-05-15 at 03:54 AM.

Exactly. People need to keep in mind that we're coming off the worst expansion in WoW's history(WoD), with a 14 month content drought for added flavor. Virtually ANYTHING new would be welcome and well-received. All I'm saying is that people need to step back and really think with their head instead of just reacting with their gut.

Maybe Legion is good, maybe not. But don't lose your mind just because it's new. The real test will be 2-3 months after launch; the same timeframe that WoD took its biggest sub drop once people realized it wasn't all that great. Will Legion follow suit, or will it actually hold up under stress?
    Thing is, there is no reason to reserve opinions until some future date. There is no consequence or commitment involved here. Its totally fine to be impressed with Legion now and change your mind about it in 3 months or 2 years, there is no detriment attached to it.
    Last edited by nazrakin; 2016-05-15 at 03:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizerk View Post
    If you think wod raids were good you must be either blind or paid by blizzard to post this.
    Dafuq? Look WoD was shit on many levels, but raids were definitely great.

WoD was pretty good at launch too. Game if instance-craft has killed this game. That and age..

It looks fine. How it plays, however, is another matter.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    Do we jsut totally ignore HFC when discussing WoD or somehting?
    Worst is an extremely subjective opinion to have of WoD
    Because I'm talking about the expansion as a whole, not individual parts. While raiding in WoD was very good, many other parts of the game suffered.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Thing is, there is no reason to reserve opinions until some future date. There is no consequence or commitment involved here. Its totally fine to be impressed with Legion now and change your mind about it in 3 months or 2 years, there is no detriment attached to it.
    That's not actually true. There's every reason to reserve opinions until some future date. The game is constantly changing. Even the things we see in the beta right now might be scrapped or changed by the time launch rolls around. Blizzard themselves uses that reasoning all the time to explain why drastic changes are made to the game. Especially when you start to consider pre-order sales and games shipping in terrible states because people purchased based on footage or gameplay of an unfinished product.

Look, I'm not saying to not be pumped up about a new expansion. I'm probably one of the harshest critics of Blizzard, and even I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out. All I'm saying is to temper that excitement with reason and logic.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-05-15 at 06:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you think wod raids were good you must be either blind or paid by blizzard to post this.
    wod raids overall were fantastic. The problem is the content drought, not the actual content we got. At least as far as raids go.

Deleted
    I'm rather impressed too, but I dislike the ability pruning and the few limits on unlocking transmogs that will still remain.

Are you blindly hateful?
    WoD raids were the only good things in WoD.
    [Kawaii c@girl IRL]

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    wod raids overall were fantastic. The problem is the content drought, not the actual content we got. At least as far as raids go.
    If this was Reddit I would so like this. I couldn't agree more!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    I'm finally completed, PvP with little to no advantage when it comes to gear

how can you even say that with such a short gear gap and availability
    Other than so many disagreeing with you, there's your own sig: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...izerk/advanced

You've hardly touched normal+ raiding outside of Highmaul?
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.