Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    It doesn't work the same way for Humans. Ever since Elune uplifted the Dark Trolls into Night Elves, their eye colors have lorewise matched the type of energy within their bodies. Highborne who used a lot of Arcane had blue eyes, Normal Night elves had Silver eyes due to the connection with Elune, and those close to nature had Amber eyes. High/Blood elves retained that trait. So, yes Blood elves will have Golden eyes eventually. And they got Green eyes because of the Fel exposure in Quel'thalas, and a Blue-eyes Blood elf who never used fel and wasn't around Quel'thalas could exist.

In fact, it's likely such a Belf does exist:
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=25133/astromancer-darnarian
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Summoner_Nolric is a high elf warlock trainer whose eyes aren't green despite by definition having to channel fel.

Not sure in-game examples are good enough proof for that kind of stuff though, and lorewise, I'd assume Nolric would have fel-tainted eyes.

A Blood Elf is someone who renamed themselves in honor of the fallen 90% of their population, so it's entirely possible that there were some untainted. I imagine so many Blood Elves have green eyes because until Rommath returned to Quel'thalas and reclaimed much of it from the Scourge with the awesome power he and his magi had attained through fel, Silvermoon must have been one of the only safe places around, with a high concentration of elves to defend it. Then when Rommath showed up and repaired it with fel fueling his magic, it tainted lots of people.

There is also a blacksmith in the Blood Elves' base on the Isle of Thunder that has blue eyes, so there are a few examples to support that.

I just don't think it's a standard that all Blood Elves will have golden eyes in the near future.

Liadrin sure, as she seems as much a paladin now as Turalyon or Uther (the most well-known glowy-eyed paladins) ever were. Other Blood Knights maybe. But all Blood Elves? I sincerely doubt it. At least not for a really really really long time.

Also, Elune didn't uplift the Dark Trolls into Night Elves. The Dark Trolls mutated through prolonged exposure over a period of years, perhaps even millennia, after they settled around the Well of Eternity, which, is not made of Elune or anything like that. I believe it's the blood of Azeroth after the Titans ripped an Old God from the ground, or blood of the titan sleeping inside it, if it's been confirmed that there's a titan inside Azeroth. I don't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by IgnisVenom View Post
    Many people want High Elves, but many people don't. So, here's my idea on it:
    Make High Elves a Night Elves subrace.
    It seems good to me, but I wanna know your thoughts. Discuss!
    Well.....I don't think subraces will ever happen.
    If they did....High Elfs would probably be an acceptable addition.

Except - there is NO WAY I want the Alliance to get the same model as my Blood Elf. Why should I give up something unique to my in game race?

No - the only way this would work is if you gave the High Elfs a new skeleton or copied an existing Alliance one. With the former, you have all the expense of a new race and with the latter...I'm not sure how the original race would respond. Would Humans mind High Elfs with their skeleton and animations?

Quote Originally Posted by KyrtF View Post

Except - there is NO WAY I want the Alliance to get the same model as my Blood Elf. Why should I give up something unique to my in game race?

No - the only way this would work is if you gave the High Elfs a new skeleton or copied an existing Alliance one. With the former, you have all the expense of a new race and with the latter...I'm not sure how the original race would respond. Would Humans mind High Elfs with their skeleton and animations?
    It's just not going to happen anyway. High elves are not a sub race of night elves or humans. The only race they make sense with are...blood elves. Sub races would probably be for things like frost dwarves and maghar orcs, not entirely different races being crudely stapled onto different races.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Summoner_Nolric is a high elf warlock trainer whose eyes aren't green despite by definition having to channel fel.

Not sure in-game examples are good enough proof for that kind of stuff though, and lorewise, I'd assume Nolric would have fel-tainted eyes.

A Blood Elf is someone who renamed themselves in honor of the fallen 90% of their population, so it's entirely possible that there were some untainted. I imagine so many Blood Elves have green eyes because until Rommath returned to Quel'thalas and reclaimed much of it from the Scourge with the awesome power he and his magi had attained through fel, Silvermoon must have been one of the only safe places around, with a high concentration of elves to defend it. Then when Rommath showed up and repaired it with fel fueling his magic, it tainted lots of people.

There is also a blacksmith in the Blood Elves' base on the Isle of Thunder that has blue eyes, so there are a few examples to support that.

I just don't think it's a standard that all Blood Elves will have golden eyes in the near future.

Liadrin sure, as she seems as much a paladin now as Turalyon or Uther (the most well-known glowy-eyed paladins) ever were. Other Blood Knights maybe. But all Blood Elves? I sincerely doubt it. At least not for a really really really long time.

Also, Elune didn't uplift the Dark Trolls into Night Elves. The Dark Trolls mutated through prolonged exposure over a period of years, perhaps even millennia, after they settled around the Well of Eternity, which, is not made of Elune or anything like that. I believe it's the blood of Azeroth after the Titans ripped an Old God from the ground, or blood of the titan sleeping inside it, if it's been confirmed that there's a titan inside Azeroth. I don't remember.
    Elune did uplift them. According to Chronicles, when the Night elves settled near the Well of Eternity, Elune spoke to them through the well and taught them things, and slowly changed them. And curiously, their form became the same as Cenarius and his children's upper bodies. If Elune is the Titan or something else we don't know. We only know the Well's waters are Titan blood.

And maybe Nolric avoids personally using Fel. After all a lot of summoning is shadow based, such as Voidwalker summoning.
    As for Blood elves getting Golden eyes, Blizzard confirmed it would happen. Every Blood elf now gets sustained from the new Sunwell, which is a fount of Holy Light.
    The only way they'd get Blue or Green eyes is if they're somehow still somehow sustained by Arcane or Fel respectively. So Warlocks will probably keep green eyes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Some people like the High Elves but don't the Blood Elves or the Horde? You can't argue with numbers in WoW, if you would do that, the Orcs would be the most fucked up Race on Azeroth. In the Story, the High Elves have played often enough a major role für the Alliance. What is your problem? You don't argue, you just cry about how your opinion is right. If you want argue about logic, than first explain me why the slaughtered Humans in the opening Scene of Silverpine Forrest were Sylvanas shows off her Val'kyr immediatly salute to Sylvanas, their murderer, after they have been resurrected.
    And what splinter faction of an Alliance race would Horde get in return, if Alliance gets High Elves as a playable race? If we take the most popular once, Horde would then have Humans as an addition. Wouldn't it be great?

And if Humans are a no-go loreweise, why should High Elves be? Double standards much?

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    And what splinter faction of an Alliance race would Horde get in return, if Alliance gets High Elves as a playable race? If we take the most popular once, Horde would then have Humans as an addition. Wouldn't it be great?

And if Humans are a no-go loreweise, why should High Elves be? Double standards much?
    Nightborn perhaps.
    Or if you want to go Human, then the obvious choice is Vrykul for Horde.

Elune did uplift them. According to Chronicles, when the Night elves settled near the Well of Eternity, Elune spoke to them through the well and taught them things, and slowly changed them. And curiously, their form became the same as Cenarius and his children's upper bodies. If Elune is the Titan or something else we don't know. We only know the Well's waters are Titan blood.
    Elune did not change them, the well did. The night elves merely claimed she was sleeping in it and somehow bound to it, which is bollocks otherwise elune would be dead today.

And maybe Nolric avoids personally using Fel. After all a lot of summoning is shadow based, such as Voidwalker summoning.
    He trains other warlocks,so the guy has to use fel, blizz makes mistakes regarding the elven eyes quite often ingame. The sunreaver guards for the garrison for example were originally high elves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AmethystRockstar View Post
    Everyone realizes this is an argument about eye color right?
    shhhh.....
    I was holding this thought to surprise them
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

I think they said they're planning to do it on Blizzcon last year.

And, anyways, nah, I wouldn't mind, take the Humans if you want, and I'm saying this as a Human main.

- - - Updated - - -

And, anyways, nah, I wouldn't mind, take the Humans if you want, and I'm saying this as a Human main.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.

They have never said anything close to that about high elves or high elves in general at any Blizzcon I have seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    They have never said anything close to that about high elves or high elves in general at any Blizzcon I have seen.
    But look Friendly, the new model argument is back. Remember to dust off the arguments against we've seen a thousand million times. In fact, I'll just type them out below so nobody has to bother.

Anti: High Elves and Blood Elves are the same race in game, so they don't deserve a different model

Pro: High Elves and Blood Elves are separate races, Blizzard treats them as such

Anti: No, they are different political factions. Humans don't have different models for different political factions such as the Defias and the playable Humans of Stormwind.

Pro: Zandalari Trolls on the Isle of Thunder have a different model from the ordinary troll, so there is an example of one sect of race having a totally different model.

Anti: Zandalari Trolls are considered the 'High Elves' of Trolls...physically and mentally distinct. The Vol'Jin novel mentions this. It only makes sense that they have a unique model. The unique model isn't unique either, it's a heavily modified Night Elf base.

Pro: Yeah well, Blizzard can do whatever they want

Anti: And they don't seem to want to do this.

Pro: Well I and all my friends would race change to High Elf in a heartbeat so they are denying themselves money from not doing this. I think they'll do it eventually because I don't believe you are factoring in how much I really want this into your argument.

Anti: That sounds like confirmation bias to me.

And so on...

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Elune did not change them, the well did. The night elves merely claimed she was sleeping in it and somehow bound to it, which is bollocks otherwise elune would be dead today.

He trains other warlocks,so the guy has to use fel, blizz makes mistakes regarding the elven eyes quite often ingame. The sunreaver guards for the garrison for example were originally high elves.

And since when has anyone even seen Elune? We do not know what Elune is, so the notion of Elune dying is bollocks.
    But we do know, that Elune had a hand in changing the Dark Trolls, and that she could speak to the early Night elves through the well.

And having knowledge of fel is not the same as using it.

And since when has anyone even seen Elune? We do not know what Elune is, so the notion of Elune dying is bollocks.
    But we do know, that Elune had a hand in changing the Dark Trolls, and that she could speak to the early Night elves through the well.

And having knowledge of fel is not the same as using it.
    We don't know elune had a hand in the creation of the night elves, it was explicitly stated in chronicles, that it was the well that had changed them over generations and that they started worshipping elune afterwards, we interact with elune a couple of times in wow she is still around and not as tied to the well like the night elves believe, which is after all only titan blood.

Warlocks tend to be powerhungry bastards, why should that guy be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by IgnisVenom View Post

I don't really care one way or the other.
    I just don't want the Alliance to get my model. So long as that doesn't happen...I don't care what shape High Elfs would end up as.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care one way or the other.
    I just don't want the Alliance to get my model. So long as that doesn't happen...I don't care what shape High Elfs would end up as.
    I vote bloody smear on ground shape!

We don't know elune had a hand in the creation of the night elves, it was explicitly stated in chronicles, that it was the well that had changed them over generations and that they started worshipping elune afterwards, we interact with elune a couple of times in wow she is still around and not as tied to the well like the night elves believe, which is after all only titan blood.

Warlocks tend to be powerhungry bastards, why should that guy be any different?
    Elune lives in the Well so it's not a long shot really. Especially when you consider Cenarius's upper half almost look identical to a Night elf and is stated to be the son of Elune. AND... Cenarius and his children predates the Nelf race.

And Warlocks may be powerhungry, but that doesn't mean they cannot be rational. Just look at how Kanrenthas'd plan was frowned upon.

Elune lives in the Well so it's not a long shot really. Especially when you consider Cenarius's upper half almost look identical to a Night elf and is stated to be the son of Elune. AND... Cenarius and his children predates the Nelf race.
    The night elves claim she lives in the well, just as they claimed they are not a mutated troll tribe, it is their myth.

And Warlocks may be powerhungry, but that doesn't mean they cannot be rational. Just look at how Kanrenthas'd plan was frowned upon.
    A warlock using no fel is no warlock, but a mage.

It doesn't work the same way for Humans. Ever since Elune uplifted the Dark Trolls into Night Elves, their eye colors have lorewise matched the type of energy within their bodies. Highborne who used a lot of Arcane had blue eyes, Normal Night elves had Silver eyes due to the connection with Elune, and those close to nature had Amber eyes. High/Blood elves retained that trait. So, yes Blood elves will have Golden eyes eventually. And they got Green eyes because of the Fel exposure in Quel'thalas, and a Blue-eyes Blood elf who never used fel and wasn't around Quel'thalas could exist.

In fact, it's likely such a Belf does exist:
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=25133/astromancer-darnarian
    blood elves with blue eyes
    sunreaver frosthand

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=68758/sun...delviewer:10+0

sunreaver captain

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Sunreaver_Captain

Lanesh the Steelweaver
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Lanesh_the_Steelweaver

Teris Blightsunder
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Teris_Blightsunder
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2016-05-15 at 03:50 PM.

The night elves claim she lives in the well, just as they claimed they are not a mutated troll tribe, it is their myth.

A warlock using no fel is no warlock, but a mage.

Not necessarily, not all Warlock magic is fel-based. A lot is also Shadow/void based.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Not necessarily, not all Warlock magic is fel-based. A lot is also Shadow/void based.
    And warlock uses both, if you aren't using fel then you arent a warlock.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol