Page 1 of 3
LastLast

TV Spot, Unwrapping Pets, Action Camera, Blue Posts, Tweets, Fan Art Update

Firebird Infinite Archon Speed Guide & Gameplay Tips

Notable Player Decks for the Europe Spring Preliminary 2016

Town Hall Heroes Ep. 106, Into the Nexus #106- "Frost-Bros"

Symmetra: A Better World - Overwatch Digital Comic Release, Cheating in Overwatch

Warcraft Movie - TV Spot
    Another TV spot has been released! This one has a character we haven't seen before.

Legion - Unwrapping Pets
    In Legion, pets from promotions, the Battle.Net shop, and the TCG are unwrappable.

Legion - Action Camera
    Legion added a new camera feature with that changes the camera to focus on your target rather than always being centered on the player.

• Nameplates - Set nameplates to the normal position or under the character
    • Head Movement - Heavy, normal, low, and no head movement
    • Target Focus - Focus the camera on your target or the player.

Legion Beta - NPC Phasing
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    As many have confirmed, this isn't localized to Dalaran (although there's likely many different ways this is breaking, it's not so much a single global issue).

We're continuing to work on this today; as our engineers find things to improve, they push out code changes, and either restart the servers completely (like with a 15 minute countdown to restart) or just instantly crash and restart all the instance of Dalaran running (which is more instant).

This is our #1 issue on the Beta at the moment - we know it's impacting your ability to test the game in virtually all other avenues. Thanks for being patient while we work through it.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Legion World Quests
    Level 1 and 2 WANTED quests have been tuned down significantly, please give them another shot and let us know what you think.

Level 3 WANTED quests (currently) retain their high level of difficulty, blue icon, and extra-high chance to drop good loot. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Proving Grounds
    Are proving grounds still going to be a requirement in Legion?
    No. The emergence of Mythic dungeons, requiring premade groups, removes the need. (WarcraftDevs)
    Just to clarify, you won't need/have Proving grounds to queue for Heroic dungeons in #Legion ?
    Correct. Proving Grounds still exist, but PG Silver won’t gate Heroic dungeons. (WarcraftDevs)

Ghostcrawler Tweets
    Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Thoughts on Blizzards response to legacy servers? Did you expect it? Would you find any interest in pristine servers? Thanks!
    Good on JAB for saying something publicly. (OccupyGStreet)

Tell me honestly, do Blizz really not have the code for old versions of WoW? Odd for a software company to not have backups.
    I'm sure they do, but I don't think the idea of data security is that you restore to a 10 year old version. (OccupyGStreet)
    I mean think about how much things like OS and server hardware has changed in 10 years. (OccupyGStreet)
    Could they make it work? Probably. Would it be an extraordinary effort? Probably. (OccupyGStreet)

One of the hardest lessons in Game Design is knowing when it's appropriate to not give the player what they want.
    So long as you can empathize with why they want it and not come across as if you know better than them. (OccupyGStreet)
    Man the hilarity of you guys' tweets really never gets old. You have no clue what players want at all.
    Players almost never want the same thing. That's what makes this job both hard and fun. (OccupyGStreet)

Fan Art Update
    Blizzard added twelve new pieces of fan artwork to the gallery.

I love the unwrapping pets thing. It's a small thing that didn't take much but makes them feel special. :P

Wow...WAS THAT FUCKING AEGWYNN!?!?!?!?

hype.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Wow...WAS THAT FUCKING AEGWYNN!?!?!?!?

hype.
    I think it was Alodi. Played by Glenn Close.

Quote Originally Posted by quellious View Post
    I think it was Alodi. Played by Glenn Close.
    Yup, it is.

Disappointing. She could have just been Aegwynn and it would have worked the same.

Wasn't Alodi a guy? That had to be Aegwynn. It would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Wasn't Alodi a guy? That had to be Aegwynn. It would make sense.
    They gender bent Alodi in the novel. She says almost the exact same thing she does in the movie in the novelization, having now seen the preview passage.

Deleted
    That new camera thing is pretty neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    im not mad that they gender swapped Alodi for the movie, but i feel they could have used Aegwynn to relay the same message and i feel it would've meant even more because being Medivh's mom she'd feel apprehension to fighting him... but i suppose she's alive at that point in the story, so either way it's a little odd

regardless, can't wait for this movie
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Like to note it's for mounts as well, not just pets,

Unwrapping Will be the way to go when they make final decision to go F2P (possible after legion) and you will all the In-game shop items get this threadment of been "Unwrapping-able" you hear it here first. This just show that blizzard just will kill WoW...

Quote Originally Posted by JakeCC View Post
    Like to note it's for mounts as well, not just pets,
    Yeah, I thought I remembered it was for mounts as well, but didn't have any to demo / didn't want to post that without confirming again. I should have posted it forever ago, along with the actioncam but I didn't think people would be super excited so just never bumped it up my list enough.

Do we know if that is the same Alodi though? For all we know, it's just another person named Alodi.

Deleted
    Not sure I like this camera. It doesn't seem very natural and could be cumbersome on the eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    That camera made me kinda dizzy, but I understand them putting a more action oriented camera in the game. Would work well with a joystick, enjoying the RPG element.

Alodi was the first guardian who past away thousands of years ago, if you are referring to the old lady talking in the movie clip that was the most recent guardian which would be medivh's mom Aegwynn

Did I hear Lothar calling the young soldier son?

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowness View Post
    Unwrapping Will be the way to go when they make final decision to go F2P (possible after legion) and you will all the In-game shop items get this threadment of been "Unwrapping-able" you hear it here first. This just show that blizzard just will kill WoW...
    Sorry, but theres a difference between stretching too far and just tearing the leg right off.

Deleted
    The action camera is nifty, but it would also need some kind of lock that means you can't turn the camera away from when you're focused on an opponent. If that were to happen, you could almost play WoW as a conso....wait a minute! D:

Deleted
    I still waiting for some PvP info... not for substandart info like this =/