Thread: Season 6

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Pets pick up only gold. Also the pickup radius works with health globes but not progress globes.
    Neph rifts spheres are counted as healthglobes, Greater rift ones are not however.
    Ive done 1300 nephs this season and wórked in every single one

But yeah, they are a waste if you ask me, take time to kill a rare elite, then to obtain the reward for the effort you need to spend more time? makes no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not even sure what progress globes are there for anyways. Just tie it to killing the elite and automatically reward it. It removes tedium and allows you to focus on smashing monsters.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I'm not even sure what progress globes are there for anyways. Just tie it to killing the elite and automatically reward it. It removes tedium and allows you to focus on smashing monsters.
    It was to stop DoT builds being to strong. Imagine just being able to dot stuff and then run away to next place. Instead they have an incentive for staying and watching the mobs die due to the progress orbs. They are only 1% each though, so in TX(<grift65) I really dont bother to pick them up. Its nice to have when I help people out though. Since then the guy getting boosted can pick them up for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    It was to stop DoT builds being to strong. Imagine just being able to dot stuff and then run away to next place. Instead they have an incentive for staying and watching the mobs die due to the progress orbs. They are only 1% each though, so in TX(<grift65) I really dont bother to pick them up. Its nice to have when I help people out though. Since then the guy getting boosted can pick them up for me
    Then that makes no sense, as you just said yourself you don't even pick them up....so it seems like orbs don't solve anything. Better solution would be to make you have to be within X distance of dead creatures to receive rift credit for it. This way dots can still work, but they are limited from running across the map dotting and doing nothing else.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Then that makes no sense, as you just said yourself you don't even pick them up....so it seems like orbs don't solve anything. Better solution would be to make you have to be within X distance of dead creatures to receive rift credit for it. This way dots can still work, but they are limited from running across the map dotting and doing nothing else.
    Well that would probably be a better idea, but adding globe was probably the easiest solution. You basically just add something on the loot table for Elites/yellows that drops 100% of the time. Instead of coding in some sort of range modifier to how far you have to be.(and how far should be allowed? Both OPM and UEDH kill stuff before they show up on screen)

That would break a lot of builds though. Like firebirds excels at dotting and running. Lots of stuff dies off screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    That would break a lot of builds though. Like firebirds excels at dotting and running. Lots of stuff dies off screen.
    Right, but why should they have to then track down orbs? The attacks themselves have max ranges, so just tie it to that. If they allow the character to kill something at X range then it should suffice that you get the credit for it. It's their own design that is faulty, not the way the players use it.

I'm not even sure I'm ok with orbs existing to prevent cheese dot builds who dot a mob then run. So what if it dies in the first room when you are in the last room? If you gave them the ability to do that, then shouldn't it count? Or if they really, really wanted dots to be limited by distance...then have dots do less damage if you are x yards away. I mean there are so many solutions than forcing you into tedium.

In this case, it's a bandaid solution when there shouldn't be a solution at all. I've been very happy with Josh M's direction and the way his team updates the game, but these little XP balls are annoying.
    BAD WOLF

Slightly off topic - if you're unsure which conquest to go first, get a friend and do Boss Mode. We did it first try yesterday in 2 - inly important thing is to get them down in order, and don't worry if first ones take a lot of time.

Little helpers here http://imgur.com/a/UotMl
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Season done, I hit Slayer. That was my goal. I'm enjoying how powerful my Demon Hunter is, so I'll keep going until I get bored. DH is ridiculously easy - as was the set dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Season done, I hit Slayer. That was my goal. I'm enjoying how powerful my Demon Hunter is, so I'll keep going until I get bored. DH is ridiculously easy - as was the set dungeon.
    What are you running? Right now I'm looking for a T-10 speed build for my DH that doesn't involve the Ancient Gear Build.

I am getting some seriously weird RNG this season. I am up to 550 paragon now, and I still haven't seen a single unity drop, never mind the two that I need. Done rifts, Grifts, bounties, blood shards, upgrading rares. Tried everything, not seen a single one. Getting to the stage where my poor monk is going to be too wimpy to push the Grifts much further.

Yet I currently have 5 of the polearms to open up the cow level tucked away. What's that all about?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    What are you running? Right now I'm looking for a T-10 speed build for my DH that doesn't involve the Ancient Gear Build.
    For speed TX with DH there is currently 2 really fast builds. One is cold UE(can use other elements, but cold is faster) and the other is LoN Strafe.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Yet I currently have 5 of the polearms to open up the cow level tucked away. What's that all about?
    I've had 5 or 6 Unities so far (p702), but zero Bovine Bardiches.

Someone extensively datamined patch 2.4.1
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comm...ossible_hints/
    T16 incoming lol
    https://imgur.com/PQfBsow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    I've had 5 or 6 Unities so far (p702), but zero Bovine Bardiches.

T16 incoming lol
    It's needed. T10 is a joke nowadays. Feels entirely pointless running TX rifts to farm Keys but you have to do it regardless.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    No it isn't. It was was an intended game design choice because they tested it without the orbs and they felt the gameplay felt a little flat and unrewarding not getting active progess from special mob kills. Dunno how you linked that too DoT builds when DoTs come off after you move more than 4 screens away from the mob so you could never just fire and forget anyway

Probably will get banned again by coldkil but I like to highlight gross misinformation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I am getting some seriously weird RNG this season. I am up to 550 paragon now, and I still haven't seen a single unity drop, never mind the two that I need. Done rifts, Grifts, bounties, blood shards, upgrading rares. Tried everything, not seen a single one. Getting to the stage where my poor monk is going to be too wimpy to push the Grifts much further.

im around the same paragon and finally got first unity by upgrading rare, however i only found 1 puzzle ring and 0 cow lvl thingies.
    also i have only 4 ancient items that i could use so far

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    No it isn't. It was was an intended game design choice because they tested it without the orbs and they felt the gameplay felt a little flat and unrewarding not getting active progess from special mob kills. Dunno how you linked that too DoT builds when DoTs come off after you move more than 4 screens away from the mob so you could never just fire and forget anyway

Probably will get banned again by coldkil but I like to highlight gross misinformation.
    They said it was to balance melee and ranged builds. Seeing as ranged classes could DoT and blast stuff from a screen away they had an advantage if they didnt have to run close to mobs and get the same progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    T16 incoming lol
    If anything, they should collapse and get rid of some difficulties because this granularity doesn't attain literally anything. I agree that t10 nowadays is pretty easy but adding multiple tiers over the existing ones would make the entire thing way too bloated.

Less difficulty levels, more meaningful steps imho.

EDIT: dat reddit conspiracy though. Most stuff are things already datamined/used - especially the supposedly microtransaction-related things. FYI, in East servers there are already these services (XP boost, gold find, more stash, cosmetics) and they have already stated that West market wouldn't receive them as good as in the East.

There's something nice about those 5 additional legendary gems, and other things. But nothing that makes me actuall scream for big news, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Lol why XD
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2016-05-16 at 06:21 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    I don't have a clue if my build would work in T-10. Last night I ran some rifts and did some bounties at T5, and it was pretty much mobs falling over when I looked at them- I cranked it up to T7 for the Slayer goals, and got my ass handed to me.

But for shits and giggles, a basic Marauder's set, and using multishot with turrets (5) and pets. Full green gems in all armor slots, crap jewelry, mediocre cube powers. Grenadier offhand, nothing exciting for a crossbow. It's surprisingly strong at T5 for what it is, but I doubt it will scale to T10.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post

Lol why XD
    Been banned before for answering someones question in the rogue forum, so assumed it was you. This site is super heavy on infractions though so I'm sure its nothing personal.