Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    That's not actually true. There's every reason to reserve opinions until some future date. The game is constantly changing. Even the things we see in the beta right now might be scrapped or changed by the time launch rolls around. Blizzard themselves uses that reasoning all the time to explain why drastic changes are made to the game. Especially when you start to consider pre-order sales and games shipping in terrible states because people purchased based on footage or gameplay of an unfinished product.

Look, I'm not saying to not be pumped up about a new expansion. I'm probably one of the harshest critics of Blizzard, and even I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out. All I'm saying is to temper that excitement with reason and logic.
    If things are scrapped or changed in a way that sours his impression then the reasonable and logical thing would be to simply say "I dont like this thing anymore because of x, y, z." Like I said, there are zero consequences and its just not a big deal.

Preordering is another thing entirely. I think its ridiculous but Im not one to wag my finger and tell people how to spend their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    There was nothing wrong with them. BRF was one of the best raids ever.
    Did you even try them?

WoD had a lot of issues but raiding was not one of them.
    They were a great experiance for progression guilds, not that fun for puggers. And HFC wasn't brilliant either.

Deleted
    ill be honest.
    im not impressed with it so far. Managed to get an invite to beta even though I am not subbed at the moment. completed the affliction artefact chain. Found it to be more of the same. Kill this, collect that go here bring that back. Yes it is graphically nice, and there are a lot of QOA improvements, but with that being said, it is me not wanting me to play at the moment no doubt I will come back for legion and play through, Maybe I am a little jaded from my almost none stop playing from vanilla till mid wod, but at the beta holds zero excitement for me.

Will wait for the pre-event then resub for a couple of months using tokens to see how it feels when it is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    ill be honest.
    im not impressed with it so far. Managed to get an invite to beta even though I am not subbed at the moment. completed the affliction artefact chain. Found it to be more of the same. Kill this, collect that go here bring that back. Yes it is graphically nice, and there are a lot of QOA improvements, but with that being said, it is me not wanting me to play at the moment no doubt I will come back for legion and play through, Maybe I am a little jaded from my almost none stop playing from vanilla till mid wod, but at the beta holds zero excitement for me.

Will wait for the pre-event then resub for a couple of months using tokens to see how it feels when it is finished.
    ...I'll be more than happy to use that beta key if you're not so impressed :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    ...I'll be more than happy to use that beta key if you're not so impressed :P
    im not impressed with the game at the moment, that does not mean I am willing to hand over my 10 year+ account details to anyone off the internet. Hell I wouldn't give my own mother the account details

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    They were a great experiance for progression guilds, not that fun for puggers. And HFC wasn't brilliant either.
    No raid was ever fun to pug. Thats why we have LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    im not impressed with the game at the moment, that does not mean I am willing to hand over my 10 year+ account details to anyone off the internet. Hell I wouldn't give my own mother the account details
    It was a joke lol....

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Why do we want balance? What is the reason for balance in PvP? It's RPG. It doesn;t have to be esports. It doesn't have to be competitive. It's the game we play for fun. You have dozens of games where there are no items and only skill matters. All FPSes. Some MOBAs. Racing games. Fighting games. etc. etc. In RPG, I expect to join the great battles as newbie, get smashed by legendary warriors, get better items, be in the middle of pack, get even better items, and, ultimately, be the legendary warrior that smashes newbies. That's how the game was in its glory times, and thats how I loved it.
    Well that's your feelings, and that certainly was feeling nice while everything was new and fresh. Nowadays, running your green character into a premade of epic pedobears raping noobs at random bgs grants nothing but frustration. Earlier on, a bunch of green noobs could really beat your best geared "legendary warrior" if they played smartly; nowadays a raid of fresh lvl 100s can barely scratch full epic geared character... I like the idea of gear-free pvp in wow, and can't wait to see how it turns out.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krusified View Post
    PvP with little to no advantage when it comes to gear. Something that has been truely missed!
    Hah? How can you miss something that never existed? PvP in terms of gear fairness is broken from at least since TBC (because Arenas made it serious and Vanilla was, let's admit it, mainly the playground of players that were still levelling), and this change is definitely an improvement because of that (that would not be the case for PvE by the way because there you play against AI and it's a different kind of progress, or at least it still works to some extend, there was still challenge mode that worked, somewhat).

Positivity is best to be justified otherwise it's misinformation.

i don't have beta wish i had but im questioning some of their choices for talents for enhance i mean comon both lightning shield and ascendance are now talents.....

Quote Originally Posted by Krusified View Post
    WoD lvling we all have to agree was great,
    Not sure if serious...

WoD leveling as okay the first time. After the second and third time, it became a miserable slog. Way too linear and poorly paced, and generally uninvolving storylines. I'd rather go back to Wrath style questing, or even MoP style.

My big fear with Legion is that it will repeat WoD's leveling mistakes. We already have the lowest number of leveling zones ever for an xpac. If the experience turns out to be on-rails and more or less requires completion of all four zones to reach max level, it's going to hit WoD levels of tediousness by the time I get started on my third alt.

Not impressed with Legion. They have not outlined what they plan to do six months out from launch. No plans for what first or second patch entails and there is the unknown they cut and run yellow bellied like they did with WoD.

Most players like me will sit on the side lines because I am not going to beta test a game on live servers for them. The critical point is they show a clear plan to support the expansion beyond six month mark. Everything else is window dressing and irrelevant.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Legion is shaping up very well. Graphically it's absolutely stunning, and content seems to be really coming together.

10+ Year Old Account
    POSITIVE COMMENTS? WHAT? IT BUUUUUUUUUUURNS! *melts*

on the plus side, hype for me some more, hurry up august :< i need the new pvp system SO bad

The new PVP system will kill PVP.

Mythic raiders will dominate PVP...that isn't healthy for PVP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizerk View Post
    If you think wod raids were good you must be either blind or paid by blizzard to post this.
    Did u raid in wod?
    I mean, u must have, there is Nothing else to do
    Which means u probably didnt even play wod

Quote Originally Posted by logintime View Post
    Not sure if serious...

WoD leveling as okay the first time. After the second and third time, it became a miserable slog. Way too linear and poorly paced, and generally uninvolving storylines. I'd rather go back to Wrath style questing, or even MoP style.

My big fear with Legion is that it will repeat WoD's leveling mistakes. We already have the lowest number of leveling zones ever for an xpac. If the experience turns out to be on-rails and more or less requires completion of all four zones to reach max level, it's going to hit WoD levels of tediousness by the time I get started on my third alt.
    You don't need to worry there. The leveling zones are great, not as linear as in WoD and the amount of quests is silly. You'll be max level long befor you're finished with all the zones.
    Then you have Suramar: Max level zone of course but by far the best questing experience Blizzard have ever created. It's really, really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by logintime View Post
    Not sure if serious...

Legion leveling is very linear.

You complete full leveling to max level within two zones.

World quests are Apexis quests that are really short and pointless.

Deleted
    I’m enjoying beta aside from the phasing bug, can’t even leave Dalaran on any of my toons to start quests. Took the chance to have a peak at class halls of most of the classes, test the level 110 talents on the beta pvp server on my hunter mostly, and make a DH. It’s fun and seems like it will easily beat WoD so far. WoD had horrible pacing of content releases...as Asmongold said, WoD wasn’t a finished product and everyone felt it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Legion leveling is very linear.

You complete full leveling to max level within two zones.

World quests are Apexis quests that are really short and pointless.
    You do not finish leveling within two zones, it is currently tuned to roughly 2.5 levels per zone, which is exactly what it should be to get to 110 before Suramar, which is endgame content.

It is very linear, but that's a good thing, as Legion is more heavily focused on lore and story than ever before. Whether you think that's good or bad is up to you. I personally love it.

World quests are not at all apexis quests, they award gear, mounts, pets, they vary between crafting, pvp, solo pve, group pve, from "fill the bar" to innovative and fun quests like stealthing around stealing stuff, mining, etc. They are most accurately comparable to the Bounty system from Diablo3.