Poll: How much should the spider mount cost.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    i don't mind 2m price but...spider? really? 120k for a Yak was a fair price. It's big detailed beautiful model, repair, reagents and tmog(in wod). 2m for a spider on the other hand...i dunno, i guess someone likes this model but not me thats for sure.

LETS NOT FORGET ABOUT MY GENIUS IDEA OF DEMONIC CHOPPER!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I can tell you from personal experience millionaire goldmakers also make fun of this mount. It's simply a bad product/bad pricing. Any good money maker in the world doesn't waste money because he would not make money otherwise (and in this case it's not peanuts because even the best gold makers in the game can't make 2,000,000g that easily if they re-roll to a new realm, and that's a frequent activity for many players every expansion).
    The reason why its 2mill, is because blizzard is making an "end-game" goal for gold makers. While you may put yourself as a millionaire gold maker, i also know some people who like to see themself as Auction house riders, and for them, 2mill is pretty end game. Its a goal to work towards as a player, who don't have the time to raid or do endless amount of Mythic+ content, but do find their fun with earning gold with their craft. It might not work for some people, but luckily, its just 1 mount. It does not really change much about the game.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    200k should be price. It still keeps it a bit rare, unlike coalfist groenling- and stay around the price of other vendor mounts. 2 million will just make more people farm and sell to much, which would lower the price of everything on AH, and ruin the economy way more than garrisons did in WOD..
    Everyone wants the spider mount , so it should be accessible for everyone and be a *gold sink* that improves the ingame economy.
    500k might be to much - so somewhere between 200-400k would be a way better idea.
    Also I think 2 millions would make more people buy illegal gold, which isn't something we want. For EU , if people sell tokens, it would be around 22 of them, and that is just way to expensive for non-goldcapped players...
    Lol, everyone wants full mythic gear so should that be accessible for everyone too? Blizzard listening to people like you in the past is one of the things that's been klling the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    The reason why its 2mill, is because blizzard is making an "end-game" goal for gold makers.
    Yes but it has to be worth it! I can tell you than I can make 2 million during an expansion even with 1 single character, but, I wouldn't give that for a mount. That's the kind of gold you give to the top 20 guilds to give you a full mythic run before the top 21 has yet done it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    i don't mind 2m price but...spider? really? 120k for a Yak was a fair price. It's big detailed beautiful model, repair, reagents and tmog(in wod). 2m for a spider on the other hand...i dunno, i guess someone likes this model but not me thats for sure.

LETS NOT FORGET ABOUT MY GENIUS IDEA OF DEMONIC CHOPPER!
    Hahaha, brilliant

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes but it has to be worth it! I can tell you than I can make 2 million during an expansion even with 1 single character, but, I wouldn't give that for a mount. That's the kind of gold you give to the top 20 guilds to give you a full mythic run before the top 21 has yet done it!
    Its 2mill. Its never really gonna be worth it. The reward is that you can go around with a big sign saying "I just bought a 2 mill gold mount, gold means nothing to me" . As you just said, its the amount of money, which you today would give to top 20 guilds, to give you full Mythic gear and the Archimonde mount. How can blizzard compete with that? So they just made a unique mount and made the mount a sign of baddassery. If they made the 2mill gold sink have too much of an effekt, it would just push people to buy illigal gold.

- - - Updated - - -
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Its 2mill. Its never really gonna be worth it. The reward is that you can go around with a big sign saying "I just bought a 2 mill gold mount, gold means nothing to me".
    If you ask me personally, I would be embarrassed to buy it. Similar to how I think about paying others to get achievements for you. edit: Not you personally.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you ask me personally, I would be embarrassed to buy it. Similar to how I think about paying others to get achievements for you. edit: Not you personally.
    You could say the same about the Yak mount in MoP. For me, that price was stupid, but i still gave people applause if they had bought it before the Thunder King patch. Just because i will never buy it, does not mean that some people will see it as their carrot on a stick.

Deleted
    You could say the same about the Yak mount in MoP. For me, that price was stupid, but i still gave people applause if they had bought it before the Thunder King patch. Just because i will never buy it, does not mean that some people will see it as their carrot on a stick.
    Not even close. That mount has unique vendors and it still has the unique feature of transmog, and it was much cheaper. I bought it gladly, almost.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not even close. That mount has unique vendors and it still has the unique feature of transmog, and it was much cheaper. I bought it gladly, almost.
    Even though it had these vendors, it was still mad in my eyes. It did matter if it was 270k or 2 mill, i would never buy it, but it had its effect on me none the less. It was unique, but the travelers tundra mount served the same purpose, to be a vendor/repair mount.

Deleted
    Even though it had these vendors, it was still mad in my eyes. It did matter if it was 270k or 2 mill, i would never buy it, but it had its effect on me none the less. It was unique, but the travelers tundra mount served the same purpose, to be a vendor/repair mount.
    The price is the entire point though. I can make around 400k within a few weeks on a single character by not doing much. 2 million means that it will take around 4 to 6 months to do the same in the same way, and that's effort that is not worth it for a mount but only for extremely better benefits.

I don't see what the problem is, you don't NEED this mount, and why not have an exclusive reward to the rich or the people who can spend money on tokens. This could also drive token prices down as more people want to sell tokens for gold.

I'm fine with that!

Raiders get their mounts.
    Pvpers get their mounts.
    Poor get their mounts.
    Rich can now get their mounts.

Like seriously, it ONE mount.

Sooner or later, they will make a reskin that costs very little.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Rich can now get their mounts.
    I can tell you with confidence the rich also make fun of this mount. The rich rarely become rich by wasting gold. They might still buy it some of them for the completism but that doesn't mean they might not find it horrible value for money and they might wait a lot.

Actually, the most smart gold makers - that do want it - will likely just wait for the price to drop, which is likely, assuming no major inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it could be use indoors, can walk up walls and ceilings then sure 2M is worth it.
    Nobody likes you, everyone left you, they're all out without you havin fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    The price is the entire point though. I can make around 400k within a few weeks on a single character by not doing much. 2 million means that it will take around 4 to 6 months to do the same in the same way, and that's effort that is not worth it for a mount but only for extremely better benefits.
    But again, if you need to have an "end-game" feature for gold farmers, what could you offer, which was worth the price of 2 mill? It has to be an item/feature, which have no effect on raiding or pvp.

If they lowered the price, you would also lower its complete value. Exculsivity is often what determines the value of items, and if you make it so that people can earn the mount in a few weeks, without much effort, then the mount completly looses its value as an end-game thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagorath View Post
    1/5 of the gold cap vs 1/10 of the gold cap, that's like two times more expensive.
    The new cap isn't equal to the old cap in terms of value simply because gold has inflated too much in certain periods of the game, and if we're only comparing it to the cap then it's still 1/5 of a Cataclysm Swift Spectral Tiger or a MoP BMAH Invincible/Mimiron's Head.

Having a slightly more expensive vendor mount is really not that disastrous. The 500k bags can even be compared to the Portable Hole sold by Haris Pilton which were ridiculously expensive at the time they came out, just like these new bags are.

Deleted
    if you need to have an "end-game" feature for gold farmers, what could you offer, which was worth the price of 2 mill?
    I don't need that. But let's say for the sake of argument that we need a product that costs 2 mil and it's worth it. Hrm, for instance, what about a mount that works in ground mounted areas excluding competition areas (it would either fly while it should not or be a ground mount where you can't mount)?

- - - Updated - - -

Actually this particular mount is perfect for making it work into caves and stuff like that. It would make the price close to worth it. And it could be disabled in high competition areas of course including raids (running back from wipes costs ranks).

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, "this mount works in caves". You heard it here first. I can't see anything wrong with it, yet.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't need that. But let's say for the sake of argument that we need a product that costs 2 mil and it's worth it. Hrm, for instance, what about a mount that works in ground mounted areas excluding competition areas (it would either fly while it should not or be a ground mount where you can't mount)?
    You, as in people, not you personally In a world of the game token, would people not just say, that you could pay Blizzard to break the rules? I would agree, that having a mount, which have a unique interaction with the world is a good idea, especially when it comes to unique and exclusivity. Also, would it really be enough?

Deleted
    You, as in people, not you personally In a world of the game token, would people not just say, that you could pay Blizzard to break the rules? I would agree, that having a mount, which have a unique interaction with the world is a good idea, especially when it comes to unique and exclusivity. Also, would it really be enough?
    Yes it would be enough. Imagine being able to level in underground areas with 100% mount speed available. That's an insanely good advantage in the long run.

To be perfectly honest, because that does raise some issues with fairness during the race to the max level at launch, they'd need to add more mounts for it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes it would be enough. Imagine being able to level in underground areas with 100% mount speed available. That's an insanely good advantage in the long run.

To be perfectly honest, because that does raise some issues with fairness during the race to the max level at launch, they'd need to add more mounts for it.
    It is indeed an amazing feature. It does not have any effect on pvp or pve, but it would give people a cool gadget to work with.

The race to max lvl often see mounting in questable areas as a bad thing, so i don't think that would be a problem. It is also good to keep exclusity of feature, when it comes to a 2 mill mount.