Poll: What's next for Blizzard?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    I'd be happy with a real Diablo 2 HD remaster..
    yup i'd be happy with diablo 3 is now diablo 2 but improved, because fuck Rift simulator(diablo 3)

I would love to see a Warcraft 4 come out, even if all it did was cover the story over WoWs lifetime in a way so we can see what the lore characters were actually up to, who lorewise killed the actual raid bosses etc etc.

Alternatively-
    WoW has its final expansion, wraps up most of its personal loose threads and puts all content on a scalable mode so its enjoyable at max level, with timewalking cycling max level content between the different expansions so that players could log in one month to do max level icecrown, next month do throne of thunder, next after that do molten core etc.
    Warcraft 4 is announced, introducing new villains and heroes, advancing the story further and shaking up the factions. Overall story is advanced.
    World of warcraft 2 is announced, keeping everything we loved about WoW and removing some of the core features that made it crappy, like flying (:P), factions are now based on the alliances from the aftermath of the 4th war, all zones expanded, hundreds of neutral towns and faction wars with objectives to conquer towns and cities, making it a literal world of war(craft).
    PVP raids and dungeon content, such as real attacking enemy faction strongholds (Capitols being near impossible), PVE raids are now cross faction, joining up against world ending threats temporarily while fighting over spoils afterwards. more than 2 factions, more interactive reputation system. More fluid class system based on the new lore of realms of magic, each field having different effects, so you could choose an element, 2 or 3, a weapon and an armor set and customize your own character more, along with more unique enemies (gameplay while fighting) and better variety of roles.

Id be happy with that.

Would be fun to see Warcraft 4 also something new for the Diablo franchise.

i'm there waiting for the real WoW killer: World of Diablo =D

That's easy. Legacy servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Universe of Starcraft

something Diablo for sure.

7+ Year Old Account
    Considering the long breaks before SC2 and D3, I would say that SC3 or D4 are out of questiong in next few years. Especially that they atill have content worked on actively (the stuff for SC they announced on Blizzcon, nit sure what it was; seasons for D3 which keep bringing some small new zones and cosmetic rewards).

WoW 2.0 - don't think it likely considering they tried to expand their current WoD team and Titan team was probably split between existing games (sorry if I'm wrong). Legacy WoW servers? Probably not - it would mean fixing bugs for two builds, of which one is extremely outdated in all aspects.

Warcraft 4 - would need to follow what happened in WoW and cosidering that the races are mostly in two factions (not counting neutral factions which would barely made an army of their own) and with Legion and Void lords the main threat, these two would probably not fir for playable factions. I don't think current Warcraft lore favors creation of another RTS.

New IP - was now done with Overwatch. Even if they started working on something new, will take some time before it's in announceable state (to avoid the Titan information void)

Elimination method - the only option left is to continue working on what they have now for some time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    HD isn't going to make it better, they need to remake it from scratch. The leech system especially.
    They did remake it from scratch, it is called Diablo 3. I want Diablo 2 in HD.

Overwatch has a few stages where you start off in a games arcade. I would love to play the Street Fighter Alpha styled game with Blizzard characters shown in those stages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Something like Final Fantasy tactics/Disgaea. I think you could make a fun Srpg out of Warcraft, since there are plenty of Units/Specs/Jobs to cover.
    I would so play that.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    yup i'd be happy with diablo 3 is now diablo 2 but improved, because fuck Rift simulator(diablo 3)
    because Nightmare Baal simulator was so much more fun

Remakes of classic games.

WC4 will only be an option if they close out the Sargeras/Burning Legion arc in WoW and have a good idea for a new arc. But afaik they pretty much killed the Titan arc and have a weak Void Lord/Old Gods Arc.

Diablo "4"? Maybe, I think they might want to do a solo RPG ala Witcher 3 out of it, so not really continuing the series. Diablo is an insanely popular brand still and Diablo expensions do sell well, so they'd have a huge demand already.

I don't think we will see any focus on SC and HotS for a while; it's either the genre or the position in the genre that makes them unprofitable.

My guess is Hearthstone and Overwatch push into esports and WoW-expansions that keep up with popular lore or some completely new quality lore aka MoP. Depending on how much scrap they have from Titan we could see some more Overwatch stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    because Nightmare Baal simulator was so much more fun
    why are not not playing it on hell mode?

and i did all types of runs leveled many different characters reaching 99 was hard, i could make my own builds in talent trees, diablo 3 is so "streamlined" i feel like a fucking bot rift rift rift, adjust gear if you even got any upgrades, back to X hours of rifts can't take more than a week and i'm done, diablo 2 i did about 3-4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    They did remake it from scratch, it is called Diablo 3. I want Diablo 2 in HD.
    Hardly... Gamers also often don't know what they want. I just don't think remasters add anything for those who've already played it but a remake could be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I voted for 6 but I'm hoping it's 1.

Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2 HD remakes.

Greatly improved UI, control of units/heroes and balance+bugfixing.

Really hoping for a warcraft 3 remake or warcraft 4 RTS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2 HD remakes.
    Would be fun but rather see them push the story forward with a sequel.
    I mean it are great games but i alrdy played them from start to end before.

So a Warcraft4 or Diablo4 would make me more happy or maybe even let go of the RTS games and do something new in these universes.
    Witcher 3 style Diablo game would be great as would a single player adventure be in Warcraft.

As for Startcraft i hope they start working on there new MMO with Startcraft just start now and work on it for 5-10 years and make sure you get a holy shit moment when it comes out. World of Warcraft will go on for a long time but at some point you will need to push it forward into the future and i think this should happen in 5-10 years from now.