Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Well before becoming vegan you need to

1. Develop an undeserved self sense of superiority
    2. Lean to the left on all political matters
    3. Buy new clothes because you will be dangerously thin (or most likely already are)
    4. ???
    5. Follow vegan gains so you can get an idea of what an emaciated vegan weightlifter looks like
    6. Definitely no profit
    7. You are now vegan

Can I interject in this 30 page culture war and give some actual advice?

Some friends have gone vegan (I've never tried personally) and it seemed to me that a lot of them went vegetarian first and later went vegan. Maybe cut things out one at a time and ease into it?

I don't know why so many people are acting like it's some shocking rejection of proper manly culture. It's pretty damn common these days. I have no personal interest in being vegan but getting all worked up about it is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2016-05-15 at 11:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    A central nervous system is not needed to feel fear.
    How exactly are they "feeling" fear, without the parts that, you know, "feel"? They react to their surroundings, there is no biological apparatus to register or "feel" pain. Its a binary response to stimulus. Without the ability of pain there's no suffering.

Vegans actually live a principal, which is too the least amount of harm possible. Clearly, you think that is stupid and believe we should do has much harm as we can, else you wouldn't be so triggered by someone being vegan that you'd feel the need to try and argue against them being vegan.

So, if there's no pain or suffering in plants and animals do have the capacity for that, then which course do you suppose provides the least amount of harm possible? Answer as a logical and thinking human being not an internet smart ass scared to lose an argument....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    They feed them shit food.

- - - Updated - - -

You know idk if there is such a thing as pure herbivores as even herbivores eat animals when the opportunity is there and no they're not starving.
    Sound out these words if necessary or get an adult to help....

Where...does...the...."shit food"...come...from...?

No, some do not all. If you think those canines are around for the very occasional meat food, then you don't really understand evolution, science, rational thought, logic, etc.

But we kinda suspected that already.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    Well before becoming vegan you need to

1. Develop an undeserved self sense of superiority
    2. Lean to the left on all political matters
    3. Buy new clothes because you will be dangerously thin (or most likely already are)
    4. ???
    5. Follow vegan gains so you can get an idea of what an emaciated vegan weightlifter looks like
    6. Definitely no profit
    7. You are now vegan

Oh look, more lies and bullshit based on 0 understanding of what a vegan eats. Its a shame we can't feed the world bullshit, cause the triggered meat eaters in this thread alone could feed all of the US.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Herbivore:
    I have literally never seen a vampire deer before. "Dwarf musk deer". Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Humans don't need the huge cutting teeth of other carnivores because we've been able to make cutting tools for millions of years, as well as having been able to cook with fire for at least half a million years and possibly for at least 2 million years. We also don't need large fangs for bringing down prey, as we evolved to be remarkably good at using projectile weapons (thrown rocks, then spears/etc.)
    Are you sure about that? Homo habilis didn't have large canines either. Nor did Australopithecus.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Hey guys,

Someone on my Facebook who recently linked an article on ways to go vegan. The article is old but it kind of made me want to try a vegan diet. I also watched some videos and saw how bad animals are treated. I want to live longer, have more energy and help the environment and my body, any tips on how to start a vegan diet?
    Easy answer - don't.

How exactly are they "feeling" fear, without the parts that, you know, "feel"? They react to their surroundings, there is no biological apparatus to register or "feel" pain. Its a binary response to stimulus. Without the ability of pain there's no suffering.

Vegans actually live a principal, which is too the least amount of harm possible. Clearly, you think that is stupid and believe we should do has much harm as we can, else you wouldn't be so triggered by someone being vegan that you'd feel the need to try and argue against them being vegan.

So, if there's no pain or suffering in plants and animals do have the capacity for that, then which course do you suppose provides the least amount of harm possible? Answer as a logical and thinking human being not an internet smart ass scared to lose an argument....
    Just because it does not fit your definition of pain does not mean it is not there.
    There is scientific proof of their reactions to wounds and danger which mirror exactly the reactions of the nervous system.
    The difference is simply that the chemical reactions in the nervous system are more localized and use specialized pathways while those of plants use pathways that also serve other purposes instead.

Your second paragraph clearly shows that you are in fact doing what you accuse us of doing--that must be why you came up with that absurd accusation in the first place.

You have demonstarated your ignorance of how nature and nutrition actually work in your previous post when you claimed all land that can be used for livestock could be better used to grow crops or the livestock would need additional feeding anyway. Which is simply false. Also reasons to kill animals naturally come up all the time, why wouldn't we eat those if they are killed anyway. Just so you can feel more righteous? That makes you a horrible human being in my opinion and a danger to our ecosystem if that kind of thinking catches on.

- - - Updated - - -

No, some do not all. If you think those canines are around for the very occasional meat food, then you don't really understand evolution, science, rational thought, logic, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh look, more lies and bullshit based on 0 understanding of what a vegan eats. Its a shame we can't feed the world bullshit, cause the triggered meat eaters in this thread alone could feed all of the US.
    did I say they had those teeth for eating? I said Herbivores as in general. Those teeth clearly aren't for eating. Do you just enjoying making up shit arguments in your head so you can argue against them?

By the way if anyone is triggered it's you lol.

Not sure about those deer, but deers do indeed eat rodents and birds if given the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Are you sure about that? Homo habilis didn't have large canines either. Nor did Australopithecus.
    There is now evidence Australopithecus used stone tools.

https://www.calacademy.org/press/rel...ng-among-human

http://www.sci-news.com/otherscience...ols-02428.html

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...cient-science/
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2016-05-15 at 12:47 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

@Bodakane I should have left this thread when i first said i would. What i wrote was based purely on reality, on science taught in secondary school, nothing more nothing less, yet you say it's a version, an opinion. Same shit with religion threads, i'll stay away, you can't beat sense into the faithful.

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    BTW B12 deficiency is outdated.
    algae have the most B12 of all as exampel Spirulina algae 4 times more there are more i use my self for green smothies, Chlorella algae , Afa algae, Red Algae this is the best exampel it has a protection versus intestinal parasites.
    From what Ive seen this is still under debate.

Moreover, our large intestine would most likely be similar to that of a Frugivore, a fruit-eating animal. Again, we've been cooking our food for tens of thousands of years, so it only makes sense to be so as we don't eat raw meat (even Prosciuto is smoked-cooked)
    Our diegestive tract and enzymes do more closely resemble that of a Frugivore than an omnivore. Plus look at the pictures of a carnivore, those are canines, those are for eating meat. Also, the fact that we have to cook our meat for it to be edible has to raise interest/doubt. We cook the food not just to fight off parasites and disease it also is the preferred taste. This has been tested in chimpanzees who also prefer cooked meat over raw.

When people start debatin with me that veganism is stupid, I'll just ask one question: "When does a cow give milk?" When they can't answer this question any further discussion is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
    When people start debatin with me that veganism is stupid, I'll just ask one question: "When does a cow give milk?" When they can't answer this question any further discussion is useless.
    I think it's after I've had some delicious veal cutlets.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Just because it does not fit your definition of pain does not mean it is not there.
    There is scientific proof of their reactions to wounds and danger which mirror exactly the reactions of the nervous system.
    The difference is simply that the chemical reactions in the nervous system are more localized and use specialized pathways while those of plants use pathways that also serve other purposes instead.

Your second paragraph clearly shows that you are in fact doing what you accuse us of doing--that must be why you came up with that absurd accusation in the first place.

You have demonstarated your ignorance of how nature and nutrition actually work in your previous post when you claimed all land that can be used for livestock could be better used to grow crops or the livestock would need additional feeding anyway. Which is simply false. Also reasons to kill animals naturally come up all the time, why wouldn't we eat those if they are killed anyway. Just so you can feel more righteous? That makes you a horrible human being in my opinion and a danger to our ecosystem if that kind of thinking catches on.
    I and vegans have been actually attacked in this thread. I'm defending myself and vegans. You guys got so triggered that someone had the audacity to ask about becoming vegan you had to jump in here and spew lies, bullshit, and stupidity everywhere. That makes you triggered.

As far as your silliness about plants. Those are reactions to stimulus, not fucking pain. What we know for a fact that feels honest to god real life pain is mammals, birds, etc. That is proven, trackable and inarguable.

If you were walking down the street and someone was mowing their lawn you wouldn't think twice, where if someone else was mowing over puppies you'd lose your shit.

As I said before, its about doing the least amount of harm possible. You cannot in good conscious argue that you feel the same about animals and plants.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    did I say they had those teeth for eating? I said Herbivores as in general. Those teeth clearly aren't for eating. Do you just enjoying making up shit arguments in your head so you can argue against them?

By the way if anyone is triggered it's you lol.

Not sure about those deer, but deers do indeed eat rodents and birds if given the chance.
    Not if given the chance, if there's nothing else. I like that you feel like you need to redefine what constitutes a herbivore to make your point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    @Bodakane I should have left this thread when i first said i would. What i wrote was based purely on reality, on science taught in secondary school, nothing more nothing less, yet you say it's a version, an opinion. Same shit with religion threads, i'll stay away, you can't beat sense into the faithful.

lol, yeah you should have, since you literally added nothing to to it besides more stupid crap you don't understand. But I've actually studied both sides of the argument and have literally lived on both sides of the argument, you don't even know what vegans eat....but I'm the zealot? Ok Chief.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I was joking dude look at how triggered you are lol

Lighten up

Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    I was joking dude look at how triggered you are lol

Lighten up
    Yeah, yeah, you were joking.

Read this thread and tell me I and vegans haven't been insulted left and right in here....much like you just did.

Also, you guys are the ones that are so upset about the mere mention of the word vegan you have to come in and just insult an entire swath of people because....you're not triggered? Makes sense.

Yeah, yeah, you were joking.

Read this thread and tell me I and vegans haven't been insulted left and right in here....much like you just did.

Also, you guys are the ones that are so upset about the mere mention of the word vegan you have to come in and just insult an entire swath of people because....you're not triggered? Makes sense.
    Omg you are so offended I love it lol

You are prolly so skinny hahahahahaha

There are teenage girl lifters that bench more than you how does that make you feel lol

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-05-15 at 03:43 PM.

Deleted
    Is OP still in here? Otherwise I don't see any benefit in posting in this thread.

Deleted
    Can I interject in this 30 page culture war and give some actual advice?

Some friends have gone vegan (I've never tried personally) and it seemed to me that a lot of them went vegetarian first and later went vegan. Maybe cut things out one at a time and ease into it?

I don't know why so many people are acting like it's some shocking rejection of proper manly culture. It's pretty damn common these days. I have no personal interest in being vegan but getting all worked up about it is ridiculous.
    I went vegetarian first too, though that was only for about a month or so as I felt comfortable enough to make the transition quicker than others might do.

I suppose it's possible if our earliest ancestors were using tools. Still quite a short timespan for evolution though.

I suppose it's possible if our earliest ancestors were using tools. Still quite a short timespan for evolution though.
    Evolution can be fast in the right circumstances. Usually evolution is slow because populations are near local maxima in fitness space.