Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Last checked only amazon sells digital keys and not 3rd partys. Also ebay protects there customers without extra cost and I could be wrong but I don't think they allow 3rd party digital sells anymore.
    Any company can set up a store on amazon and begin selling keys, same goes for ebay. Theres little difference between these services and then G2A, G2A protects the buyer from stolen keys aswell, ive bought a few keys on G2A and recieved one that wasnt working, and i was fully refunded.

So what exactly is your issue with this marketplace site? Is it in fact because you simply hate G2A? Or do you hate markeplaces in general? Are you looking to take down Ebay too?, im confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarian View Post
    Any company can set up a store on amazon and begin selling keys, same goes for ebay.
    Yes any company. Not Shady Jim tho since he isn't a company.

There is no 3rd party digital keys on amazon. There is 2nd party like blizzard tho. G2A only protects buyers if they pay the small extra fee.

Notice how there is no 3rd party seller here....
    http://www.amazon.com/Gears-War-Ulti...timate+edition

G2A isn't like ebay stop trying to justfi them...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Well when you get a bad port,no port or prices get higher you got no right to bitch then.
    Bad or no port have nothing do to with this. It's about exclusivity.

Price get higher ? Fine i'll just wait 6 months until a promotion, no bid deal. Every games end up at 20$ at some point. So no I'm not bitching about doom being sold 70+, I'll just wait.

10+ Year Old Account

There is no 3rd party digital keys on amazon. There is 2nd party like blizzard tho. G2A only protects buyers if they pay the small extra fee.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new

notice terhe are 3rd party sellers

oh and what is this? http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new
    Last edited by gegalfo; 2016-05-15 at 12:31 PM.

Ya thats not allowed and people wonder why less and less game developers give review code.
    but that's exactly my point, it's not a scam, they didn't use stolen goods, they gave out a code to a youtuber hoping they would promote the game and they didn't. If i have a game key that I have no use for and it's worth a bit, I sure as hell am going to sell it.

Not G2A's fault that devs try to get free publicity and it backfires.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow
    such salt
    much meta

OT: I believe me as a costumer have the right to search for the store that provides me with the lowest price. And if they ever do some shitty business with me there's always paypal to count on.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is well known sites like G2A sell stolen keys and IMO that is worse then pirating games. You can't prove a pirate would have bought said game. But you can prove sites like G2A sell stolen and ill gotten keys. Stolen and ill gotten keys is a lost in profit for developers. I am sure someone will bring up the used games argument but the difference is once again you can't prove someone would buy the game new and to get a used game it must have sold new in the first place.

Source
    http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/9/8006...ket-game-codes

There is many other sources that report on this as well. Developers receive nothing from a G2A sell. The sites don't even protect there customers unless you pay extra (No matter how small the amount is).

So IMO people shouldn't be allowed to promote said sites on here.
    G2A is where I'll be buying anything that is protected by Denuvo if I want to play it. I will not support the Devs for using such a shitty DRM. Also pretty much anything that requires online connection to play in single-player.

Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    You realise those are hardcopys right? I said digital.

Your comparing stolen digital keys to used hardcopys of games.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    You realise those are hardcopys right? I said digital.

Your comparing stolen digital keys to used hardcopys of games.
    implying hard copies cant be stolen, implying those ''stolen'' digital keys werent just taken from hard copes

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    G2A is where I'll be buying anything that is protected by Denuvo if I want to play it. I will not support the Devs for using such a shitty DRM. Also pretty much anything that requires online connection to play in single-player.
    Don't get my wrong I totally understand that.

But then you got people who will go to G2A to get a US key of Witcher 3 for $29 at release just because they can and they live in the US. I can understand boycotting a company to where you won't buy anything new. But like I said you got people who buy everything there.

I understand the difference in the two.

How is G2A not like ebay?. I am genuinely curious.

implying hard copies cant be stolen, implying those ''stolen'' digital keys werent just taken from hard copes
    WTF are you smoking?

You are comparing digital PC keys to console hardcopy games. The two isn't even close to being the same and to add in order to get a used game it must first be bought new....

Can they be stolen?? Yep they can but the likely hood is they are not. I don't recall ever hearing about amazon selling 200k copys of a game that was stolen.

10+ Year Old Account
    WTF are you smoking?

You are comparing digital PC keys to console hardcopy games. The two isn't even close to being the same and to add in order to get a used game it must first be bought new....

Can they be stolen?? Yep they can but the likely hood is they are not. I don't recall ever hearing about amazon selling 200k copys of a game that was stolen.
    yeah i am because thats all g2a and kinguin sell. you have to realise consoles work in a different way where only MS and sony sell keys, wheres pretty much all pc games come with a key

also if you ever bought a used game you are just as much to blame for ''bad ports and unfinished games''

yeah i am because thats all g2a and kinguin sell. you have to realise consoles work in a different way where only MS and sony sell keys, wheres pretty much all pc games come with a key

also if you ever bought a used game you are just as much to blame for ''bad ports and unfinished games''
    Or they have 2nd party sites like amazon sell them.

Yep I have bought used games, I only buy them of companys I boycott and I will admit I am sure me buying used doesn't help. But once more in order for a used game to happen it must be sold new first. All that is, is transfer of ownership.

Digital PC keys do not work the sameway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or they have 2nd party sites like amazon sell them.

Yep I have bought used games, I only buy them of companys I boycott and I will admit I am sure me buying used doesn't help. But once more in order for a used game to happen it must be sold new first. All that is, is transfer of ownership.

Digital PC keys do not work the sameway.
    ohh companies you boycott? well thats ok then thats a nice boycott.

also implying that all the keys are stolen is just dumb, do you really think for every game realease they get a massive amount of stolen keys and the companies arent able to deal with it? no. the way it works is they buy the games in ''cheap regions'' and can sell them cheaper than in ''developed'' countries. but keep calling it stolen if that makes you feel better

ohh companies you boycott? well thats ok then thats a nice boycott.

also implying that all the keys are stolen is just dumb, do you really think for every game realease they get a massive amount of stolen keys and the companies arent able to deal with it? no. the way it works is they buy the games in ''cheap regions'' and can sell them cheaper than in ''developed'' countries. but keep calling it stolen if that makes you feel better
    Yes please do tell me how G2A got Witcher 3 keys the day of release and was selling them half the cost.

This is $30 US in the US. So your telling me they bought US keys and are selling US keys cheaper then US....

Also like I said before used hardcopy games are not the same as selling digital new keys. This has been explained so do try to keep up.

Yes please do tell me how G2A got Witcher 3 keys the day of release and was selling them half the cost.

This is $30 US in the US. So your telling me they bought US keys and are selling US keys cheaper then US....

Also like I said before used hardcopy games are not the same as selling digital new keys. This has been explained so do try to keep up.
    No.... If a game is not REGION locked, then they buy 500 copies in taiwan for 10$ a copy, and sell them for 30$ on G2A or elsewhere.

Thats how sites like cjs work, and how many big retailers on ebay and G2A works. Its really very simple

A 60$ game in the US, is not a 60$ game in taiwan for example, the economy cannot support a game being this expensive in that region, so prices will differentiate, there are money to be made getting games this way for resale.

You assume that every key sold on g2a is stolen and that's not true. Most of them come from cheaper market regions, bulk purchases or steam promotions in case of steam gifts key.

As I said I don't care about what Ubisoft or EA think. It only hurts indie devs but most indie games are utter shit.

You know G2A is complete bullshit when you need to pay extra for a "G2A shield" just to make sure you don't get scammed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well when you get a bad port,no port or prices get higher you got no right to bitch then.
    We already got all of those, even before grey market resellers. Try again.