10+ Year Old Account
    The "nodead" won't work for this, because it only applies to targeting conditionals (the conditionals of the form "target=" or "@") not the /target command itself. In the above example, I believe "[nodead]" is actually testing your current target and, if it's not something dead, it targets the closest Construct, alive or not. I'm not sure that there's a good solution for this because of the fact that there can be multiple Constructs, some of which may be dead. If there could only be one Construct up at any given time, I could see how to make this work.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

It's not really possible to do what you're looking for, since the [nodead] tag is based on your current target, not what you're trying to target. It's possible you could reverse the order again, and use the [dead] tag instead of the [nodead] tag? I'm still not certain it will do what you're looking for, though, unfortunately. Here's what I'm talking about, if you want to try it.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /tar Gorebound Construct
    /tar [dead] Gorebound Essense
    /tar [dead] Gorebound Spirit
    /tar [dead] Gorefiend
    /cast Steady Shot

I believe the game will target things that are alive first, so in the case of having multiples of each of these ads, I think the macro would prioritize ones that are alive.

I'm not 100% sure it will work, though, it's also possible the game would just prioritize the closest one, dead or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarch View Post
    It's not really possible to do what you're looking for, since the [nodead] tag is based on your current target, not what you're trying to target. It's possible you could reverse the order again, and use the [dead] tag instead of the [nodead] tag? I'm still not certain it will do what you're looking for, though, unfortunately. Here's what I'm talking about, if you want to try it.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /tar Gorebound Construct
    /tar [dead] Gorebound Essense
    /tar [dead] Gorebound Spirit
    /tar [dead] Gorefiend
    /cast Steady Shot

I believe the game will target things that are alive first, so in the case of having multiples of each of these ads, I think the macro would prioritize ones that are alive.

I'm not 100% sure it will work, though, it's also possible the game would just prioritize the closest one, dead or not.
    My understanding is that it prioritizes the closest one, so if that one happens to be dead, the macro will just move on to Essences.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    My understanding is that it prioritizes the closest one, so if that one happens to be dead, the macro will just move on to Essences.
    So the macro that Rarch linked is good?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    So the macro that Rarch linked is good?
    Not if it targets the closest. Then it runs into the pitfall I mentioned before and in response to him...if there are multiple Constructs up, but the closest one is dead, it'll target the closest and, since it's dead, move on to targeting an Essence, Spirit or Gorefiend and pass over living Constructs.

If that's okay by you, you could use it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naibil View Post
    I know the little check box for this exists now but is there a reason why:

Code:
    /run for i=1,GetNumRaidMembers()do PromoteToAssistant(UnitName("raid"..i))end

No longer works?
    The problem lies with GetNumRaidMembers. It has been changed to GetNumGroupMembers.

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Yup macros like that are pretty fun, I have a few.. this one plays a FUS RO DAH! sound clip from Skyrim when I successfully Dragon Roar...

Code:
    #showtooltip [talent:4/2]Shockwave;[talent:4/3]Dragon Roar;Storm Bolt
    /run if GetSpellCooldown(118000)==0 then PlaySoundFile("Interface\\fus.mp3") end
    /use Bloodbath
    /use Concussion Blow
    Depending on what type of spell you're trying to cast there's some more options you can add to that so it won't spam like making sure you have control of your character when you press it so it won't spam if you're being feared etc.

This does a RP emote
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /run if GetSpellCooldown("Death Grip")==0 and IsSpellInRange("Death Grip", 'target')==1 and HasFullControl() then SendChatMessage("is snatchin your people up.","EMOTE",nil,nil);end
    /targetenemy [nogroup,noharm]
    /cast Death Grip

This one plays the "sweep the leg, you have a problem with that?" sound file from The Karate Kid, but since I have it on Shift+4 I had to make another adjustment.

Code:
    #showtooltip Tiger Palm
    /targetenemy [noexists][dead][help]
    /startattack
    /run local c="Leg Sweep";if GetSpellCooldown(c)==0 and IsShiftKeyDown() then PlaySoundFile("Interface\\sweep.mp3") end
    /cast [mod:shift]Leg Sweep;Tiger Palm
    ----------

Actually listened to your sound and I'll take a wild guess at what you want to use it for.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /run if GetSpellCooldown("Holy Radiance")==0 and IsSpellInRange("Holy Radiance", 'mouseover')==1 and HasFullControl() then PlaySoundKitID(18845) end
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][]Holy Radiance
    Follow up request. Is it possible to play the sound in the Master channel through the macro?

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Follow up request. Is it possible to play the sound in the Master channel through the macro?
    PlaySoundKitID(18845, "master")

All the PlaySound functions have this option. Second argument is a string of the name of the desired channel and third argument is a boolean for duplicates. If the third argument is true, the sound will not play if it is already playing.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    PlaySoundKitID(18845, "master")

All the PlaySound functions have this option. Second argument is a string of the name of the desired channel and third argument is a boolean for duplicates. If the third argument is true, the sound will not play if it is already playing.
    Thank you once again!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi guys, I've been trying to make a macro for my Shadow Priest and I can't seem to get it to work cause I'm terrible at creating macros lol. I wanted to create one that would allow me to make Mind Flay and Flash Heal on the same button with a few conditions: if I'm targeting a mob it would cast mind flay, if my target is friendly (or if I don't have a target) it would cast Flash Heal and last but not least, if I press alt it would cast Flash Heal on me.

I'm planning on doing the same thing with Shadow Word: Death and Prayer of Mending, but I know it's the same macro, but with different spells in it.

Is it possible to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by throcha View Post
    Hi guys, I've been trying to make a macro for my Shadow Priest and I can't seem to get it to work cause I'm terrible at creating macros lol. I wanted to create one that would allow me to make Mind Flay and Flash Heal on the same button with a few conditions: if I'm targeting a mob it would cast mind flay, if my target is friendly (or if I don't have a target) it would cast Flash Heal and last but not least, if I press alt it would cast Flash Heal on me.

I'm planning on doing the same thing with Shadow Word: Death and Prayer of Mending, but I know it's the same macro, but with different spells in it.

Code:
    /use [mod:alt][@player] Flash Heal; [harm] Mind Flay; [help][] Flash Heal
    Code:
    /use [mod:alt][@player] Prayer of Mending; [harm] Shadow Word: Death; [help][] Prayer of Mending

Macros are just fancy if/then statements.
    [mod] is the modifier key condition, if true then [@player] is the target of the spell.
    If alt isn't down, [mod] is false, so the macro moves to the next part. Think of ";" as "else if".
    [harm] is an enemy condition. If your target exists and is something you can harm, then do this spell.
    [help] is the opposite. Here, though, we have []. This is a catchall conditional that always evaluates to true. Use it for the last spell of a macro if you want that macro to behave like that spell in all cases the macro doesn't match. In this case, you asked for the macro to use Flash Heal without a target and no alt key, so [] is the easiest way to do that.

The second macro with Shadow Word and Prayer works the same way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Code:
    /use [mod:alt] @Player] Flash Heal; [harm] Mind Flay; [help][] Flash Heal
    Code:
    /use [mod:alt] @Player] Prayer of Mending; [harm] Shadow Word: Death; [help][] Prayer of Mending

Macros are just fancy if/then statements.
    [mod] is the modifier key condition, if true then @Player] is the target of the spell.
    If alt isn't down, [mod] is false, so the macro moves to the next part. Think of ";" as "else if".
    [harm] is an enemy condition. If your target exists and is something you can harm, then do this spell.
    [help] is the opposite. Here, though, we have []. This is a catchall conditional that always evaluates to true. Use it for the last spell of a macro if you want that macro to behave like that spell in all cases the macro doesn't match. In this case, you asked for the macro to use Flash Heal without a target and no alt key, so [] is the easiest way to do that.

The second macro with Shadow Word and Prayer works the same way.
    Thank you very much for the macro and for the explanations! I tried looking up the conditions, but I could't find a good explanation of how to apply them! Thanks a lot!

Edit: I can't seem to use it to heal others. The macro will cast Flash Heal on me just fine when I dont have a target, but if a have a friendly target it won't cast it on them. It just keeps casting on me. And it's not casting Mind Flay when I target a hostile either =/
    Last edited by thsevecha; 2016-05-15 at 09:51 PM.

Thank you very much for the macro and for the explanations! I tried looking up the conditions, but I could't find a good explanation of how to apply them! Thanks a lot!

Edit: I can't seem to use it to heal others. The macro will cast Flash Heal on me just fine when I dont have a target, but if a have a friendly target it won't cast it on them. It just keeps casting on me. And it's not casting Mind Flay when I target a hostile either =/
    I believe I messed up on the mod part and I think I need targets as well. Try these:
    Code:
    /use [mod:alt @Player] Flash Heal; [@target,harm] Mind Flay; [@target,help][] Flash Heal
    Code:
    /use [mod:alt @Player] Prayer of Mending; [@target,harm] Shadow Word: Death; [@target,help][] Prayer of Mending

Apparently the forum is screwing up and turning the player part into some useless user mention link. It's supposed to be [mod:alt, @ player] but the comma disappears and "Player" gets linked to an inactive user.
    Last edited by Kanegasi; 2016-05-15 at 10:30 PM.

Deleted

The first answer had a typo (first flash heal needs only one bracket), this should work:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:alt @Player] Flash Heal; [nohelp,nodead] Mind Flay; [help][]Flash Heal
    This will use Mind Flay if your target is [nohelp] and isn't dead (pretty helpful imo). Check back and tell me if it works the way you'd like.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe I messed up on the mod part and I think I need targets as well. Try these:
    Code:
    /use [mod:alt  @Player] Flash Heal; [@target,harm] Mind Flay; [@target,help][] Flash Heal
    Code:
    /use [mod:alt  @Player] Prayer of Mending; [@target,harm] Shadow Word: Death; [@target,help][] Prayer of Mending

Apparently the forum is screwing up and turning the player part into some useless user mention link. It's supposed to be [mod:alt, @ player] but the comma disappears and "Player" gets linked to an inactive user.
    It worked now! I didn't notice that the forum was messing up the @ player part! Got it to work now! Thanks a lot!
    @Tearor this one is also working! Had the same problema because of the @ player part, but it works! Thanks!

Deleted
    It worked now! I didn't notice that the forum was messing up the @ player part! Got it to work now! Thanks a lot!
    @Tearor this one is also working! Had the same problema because of the @ player part, but it works! Thanks!
    you're welcome.
    no idea about the deal with the @ player part, it seems to automatically wrap [mention ] around any word with @ in front of it. That's strange in the [code] environment, as well as it swallowed the comma.
    Do not know if intended or bug.
    Last edited by mmocdd8e41448a; 2016-05-17 at 12:08 PM.

MACRO TO LINK PROFESSION TO TRADE CHANNEL AND MACRO FOR DOING PROFESSION CD'S ?

Maybe even a good milling macro for MOP herbs? Have one currently, but it's kinda crappy.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Code:
    /run local function p(v)CastSpellByName(v)SendChatMessage("Doing work, almost all old recipes, all WoD chants/upgrades, have mats and building "..GetTradeSkillListLink(),"CHANNEL",nil,"2")CloseTradeSkill()end p("Enchanting")p("Tailoring")
    This is what I use, I believe you just change the words Enchanting and Tailoring to what you want and the message to what you want, it wont let you have a message for each profession tho.

Quote Originally Posted by baghwan View Post
    Code:
    /run local function p(v)CastSpellByName(v)SendChatMessage("Doing work, almost all old recipes, all WoD chants/upgrades, have mats and building "..GetTradeSkillListLink(),"CHANNEL",nil,"2")CloseTradeSkill()end p("Enchanting")p("Tailoring")
    This is what I use, I believe you just change the words Enchanting and Tailoring to what you want and the message to what you want, it wont let you have a message for each profession tho.
    thanks works fine! If I can get some 1-3k gold a month from spamming trade why not. Tend to charge high on rare recipes cause I have all LW in-game but a few and people pay for it.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I regularly swap between either Plague Leech/Breath of Sindragosa for single target and Unholy Blight/Necrotic Plague for multi-target. Is it at all possible to make a macro that would swap between the two sets of talents? Could it also facilitate trinket swapping? I swap from Vial of Convulsive Shadows and Discordant Chorus too when changing talents.
    Last edited by Vestavia; 2016-05-23 at 02:00 AM. Reason: I was actually able to figure it out. Had to use two macros because of the 255 character limit though.