Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    You know G2A is complete bullshit when you need to pay extra for a "G2A shield" just to make sure you don't get scammed.
    Thats one of my major points. People keep comparing them to amazon/ebay and yet amazon/ebay doesn't make you pay extra for protection. That alone shows they know they get keys from shady places.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xarian View Post
    No.... If a game is not REGION locked, then they buy 500 copies in taiwan for 10$ a copy, and sell them for 30$ on G2A or elsewhere.

Thats how sites like cjs work, and how many big retailers on ebay and G2A works. Its really very simple

A 60$ game in the US, is not a 60$ game in taiwan for example, the economy cannot support a game being this expensive in that region, so prices will differentiate, there are money to be made getting games this way for resale.
    What part of US key did you not understand?

I said my peace playing some Battleborn BBL.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

You know G2A is complete bullshit when you need to pay extra for a "G2A shield" just to make sure you don't get scammed.
    Better pay the new doom full price than half it's price on g2a and pay 1$ more. I don't take their shield and never had a problem.

But I won't blame you for paying your games full price, as OP said, we need people like you. So thank you.

I don't care if the developers don't get my money, if they want it all they have to do is sell games at reasonable prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Don't get my wrong I totally understand that.

But then you got people who will go to G2A to get a US key of Witcher 3 for $29 at release just because they can and they live in the US. I can understand boycotting a company to where you won't buy anything new. But like I said you got people who buy everything there.

I understand the difference in the two.
    If the key isn't stolen or reverse-engineered to simply be generated... isn't this being smart, on the consumers part? You buy the product you're looking for at the cheapest vendor? I really don't see the issue.

What part of not region locked did you not understand ? Do you see a lot of PC game region locked but Russia ? Steam global key means that, global.

If you see a "US key" it's probably not that the game is region locked to the US but the game is not translated.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirty999 View Post
    I don't care if the developers don't get my money, if they want it all they have to do is sell games at reasonable prices.
    Considering the market defines what "reasonable" is...

Thats one of my major points. People keep comparing them to amazon/ebay and yet amazon/ebay doesn't make you pay extra for protection. That alone shows they know they get keys from shady places.

- - - Updated - - -

I said my peace playing some Battleborn BBL.
    Your post makes no sense.

How do you know what you bought is in fact a US key? You dont, you bought a key and thats it. If the game isn't region locked, then there simply aint no such thing as "US key", but it appears you dont understand how the system works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Considering the market defines what "reasonable" is...

This is part of the market.

People who want to support the game buy full price/collectors, others look for cheaper alternatives.

How do you know what you bought is in fact a US key? You dont, you bought a key and thats it. If the game isn't region locked, then there simply aint no such thing as "US key", but it appears you dont understand how the system works.
    This. US keys are games not translated. Global are multi language games. There is no such thing as region lock in PC games. On steam the only region who's got a lock is Russia.

I can buy a US key and still activate it on my account and I don't live in the US. The only warning I've got about region lock when I buy a game is about Russian keys.

OP simply don't understand the system.

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    This is part of the market.

People who want to support the game buy full price/collectors, others look for cheaper alternatives.
    I don't know if I'd call people who pay full-price or buy collectors/deluxe editions would be considered those "who want to support the game". People don't randomly pay more (in relation to collectors/deluxe) they buy those because of the perks, not because they want to "support" the game.

Think of it this way, people who still buy music/movies instead of downloading them simply don't care about saving the money, otherwise they would be downloading music and movies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    OT: I believe me as a costumer have the right to search for the store that provides me with the lowest price. And if they ever do some shitty business with me there's always paypal to count on.
    Lifehack: for the best savings you can walk out of a store without going at the till!

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    Lifehack: for the best savings you can walk out of a store without going at the till!
    I'm trying to decipher if you're talking about theft or something else?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I'm trying to decipher if you're talking about theft or something else?
    Nah, but for other similar hacks try this: http://www.businessinsider.com/uneth...fehacks-2013-9

I fail to see the issue here. Very few people agree with you OP. Its just another market.

I buy my new games from Green Man Gaming because I usually get a 25 - 27% discount right out of the gate. I bought DOOM there for $45.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirty999 View Post
    You do realise even counting DLC games today are cheaper then they was 20 years ago right?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes please do tell me how G2A got Witcher 3 keys the day of release and was selling them half the cost.
    From bundles. A lot of Nvidia cards and other hardware often come with free games. Companies who buy these hardware items in large bulks often turn around and sell those game keys.

You do realise even counting DLC games today are cheaper then they was 20 years ago right?
    Super metroid - $50
    Chrono trigger - $80
    Dark souls 3 - $115 (inc dlc cause you said counting DLC)

Yep, Past games were more expensive guys you heard it here first! Unless you're trying to count inflation.

Or how about train simulator + all dlc! that's $5,471.42 USD, wow, such cheap, bargain!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    You're assuming I want to run. I don't

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Super metroid - $50
    Chrono trigger - $80
    Dark souls 3 - $115 (inc dlc cause you said counting DLC)

Yep, Past games were more expensive guys you heard it here first! Unless you're trying to count inflation.

Or how about train simulator + all dlc! that's $5,471.42 USD, wow, such cheap, bargain!
    Now count for inflation $80 in 1995 is abit over $126 now...

But hey GJ on picking one game that is higher.

yes past games cost more and some cost more then $80. Not counting DLC games are much cheaper and counting it it ether is cheaper is breaks near even.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-05-15 at 02:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grey market key resellers are definitely a problem, but it's hard to deal with I guess.