Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Iran hosted its 2nd holocaust cartoons exhibition

Over the weekend Iran convened a special Holocaust-denial cartoon contest.
    I raise this here because it must be understood what Israel's problem with Iran is.
    Iran denies and belittles the Holocaust while it prepares for another Holocaust.

They are raising a generation of Nazis. not even ironically.
    there's nothing they'd like more then to see jews back at death camps.
    and yet.. the world is happy to allow them to have nuclear weapons.. that's not gonna end well. imagine Nazi Germany with nukes.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    A new wave of anti-semetics, not actual nazis... But yeah, it's... Scary to put it mildly. About as freaky as all the pro-Hitler stuff in India.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

15+ Year Old Account
    it's more a cartoon contest about palestine and Israel's "occupation" than mocking holocaust.

They chose a provocative name to piss people off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Arabs are semites....
    and Iranians are not Arabs.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is this any different from the Mohammed Cartoon Competition that happened in Texas a while back...?

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    How is this any different from the Mohammed Cartoon Competition that happened in Texas a while back...?
    It isn't.

Draw Muhammad, anti-Islam or Erdogan cartoons: Yeah go cartoonists! Freedom of speech fuck yeah! Keep insulting them so they learn not be so easily offended! Je suis Charlie!

Draw Holocaust cartoons: Omg this is so scary, they are preparing for a second Holocaust.

P.S: It's not a Holocaust denial cartoon contest, they are making cartoons that compares the suffering by Palestinians at the hand of the Israeli's to the suffering of the jews at the hand of the Nazi's with these cartoons.
    Last edited by Lesane; 2016-05-15 at 03:25 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stop it, people want to be upset about comics now!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

one is about mocking an imaginary man in the sky and being artistically edgy against radicals, the other is mocking a genocide in which many believe didn't happen in the country.

it's ok to be critical of the Middle East, friend-o.

Actually we're not being allowed to have nuclear weapons, the nuclear activities have been limited a lot.
    Also the main problem Iran has with Israel is their war with Palestine and what they're doing to Muslims every day. I'm not saying claiming Holocaust didn't happen is not stupid, but honestly don't you think Jews have become the Nazis? I mean they're killing human beings every day over some stupid lands, is that really all that different from what Hitler did to Jews?

because that is mocking a fictional character, as opposed to mocking something in our history where 6 million jews were killed.
    also, because we don't worry about Americans starting to kill muslims, and we ARE worried about Iran deciding to attack Israel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozles View Post
    one is about mocking an imaginary man in the sky and being artistically edgy against radicals, the other is mocking a genocide in which many believe didn't happen in the country.

it's ok to be critical of the Middle East, friend-o.
    Oh, I'm critical of the middle east, trust me, be this is a complete non issue. It isn't anymore offensive than 9/11 jokes (which can be fucking hilarious, hit up Buzz Look a Plane on youtube).

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    I mean they're killing human beings every day over some stupid lands, is that really all that different from what Hitler did to Jews?
    that's what they teach you in Iran?
    not surprising.

That's actually some decent artwork...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notter View Post
    I raise this here because it must be understood what Israel's problem with Iran is.
    Iran denies and belittles the Holocaust while it prepares for another Holocaust.

and yet.. the world is happy to allow them to have nuclear weapons.. that's not gonna end well. imagine Nazi Germany with nukes.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...b9b31c2664e5e6

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...2e7050ed1e9073

https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...0d&oe=57A88500
    That isn't at all what they're doing. You're making it up.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...enial-39112691
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...on_Competition

The idea is to deride double-standards in Western media, not to deny the Holocaust ever happened.

Deleted
    This is exactly why this is needed - http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/...00-f35s-02381/ : to protect civilization and humanity.

that's what they teach you in Iran?
    not surprising.
    Could you tell me what's really going on then?

15+ Year Old Account

I don't think you really understand how the dynamics of the middle east work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    This is exactly why this is needed - http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/...00-f35s-02381/ : to protect civilization and humanity.
    Over a cartoon? That's ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    because that is mocking a fictional character, as opposed to mocking something in our history where 6 million jews were killed.
    also, because we don't worry about Americans starting to kill muslims, and we ARE worried about Iran deciding to attack Israel.
    Yeah, I'm about as worried about Iran attacking Israel than I am about North Korea actually being a threat.

*rattle rattle rattle* shhhhh, you hear that? It's the sounds of sabers.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That isn't at all what they're doing. You're making it up.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...enial-39112691
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...on_Competition

The idea is to deride double-standards in Western media, not to deny the Holocaust ever happened.
    it's ludicrously easy to think that, though. Ahmadinejad's comments on the Holocaust weren't exactly disputed by the country. or, more recently, Khamenei questioning the "veracity" of the Holocaust.

this one event may have been jaded by the OP, but please don't act like Iran's comments and stance on the Holocaust aren't crystal clear.

Assed up over cartoons.(Sounds familiar)

Spin on crazy world...spin on.

Free speech/Expression...it ain't always pretty,nice or fun.