This is what happent to things that try to be "Just like vanilla WoW"

Hey

https://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/co...ble_sales_for/

As far as i know, Wildstar was always said to be caterd to Hardcore crowed, those who wanted Attunements and hard raids back.. and Wildstar is so dead now.. Maby this is why you won't get legacy servers?

Deleted
    Wildstar isnt vanilla wow tho.

wildstar never even came close to feeling like vanilla wow

I loved the old WoW & I was a hardcore WoW player & I don't like current WoW and the direction its going yet...

I never even installed Wildstar. The graphics and characters on screenshots looked so retarded I didn't even try it. Not to mention the completely different combat system.

Wildstar is nothing like vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    No, it had more and better content, better graphics, actual end game at release and so on.
    Not at all like vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Not like this hasn't been discussed to death....
    Nothing is better than beating a dead horse some more

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey

https://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/co...ble_sales_for/

As far as i know, Wildstar was always said to be caterd to Hardcore crowed, those who wanted Attunements and hard raids back.. and Wildstar is so dead now.. Maby this is why you won't get legacy servers?
    Okay, a few things here. As someone previously said, Wildstar isn't Classic WoW. Here are the major differences.

1) Timed and event rewards on all content
    2) Action combat system made the game feel like a 3D platformer
    3) Attunement system was originally horrible and took way too long
    4) Raid bosses are all, and I mean all, a combination between some sort of gear and skill check
    5) The game suffered from an extensive level of lag and system spikes for most of it's life

Imagine having to make that really tough jump in a 3D Mario game and your Wii just deciding to lag out at that exact second. That was common on Wildstar.

Also, you couldn't get decent rewards without hitting certain time and event goals, especially in 5 mans. Everything in the game, I mean everything was behind a crazy skill wall for every player, not just hardcore.

The attunement for the first raid, the first 20 man raid (GA was always 20), required practically mastering the rest of the game, all the casual content, before getting into the really hardcore raiding stuff. A lot of players wanting to do the hardcore raids had to wade through hours of casual content, and master it, before being able to actually raid.

The two raids are awsome though.

Finally, it didn't help that after launch, every patch has been daily zones.
    Last edited by Gavan; 2016-05-15 at 03:34 PM.
    Once we gathered friends together, drank a ton of Mountain Dew and beer, and role played with paper, pencils, and books.
    Now I log onto MMOs with the same people and we only talk about how hard we PWNed that: Noob, boss, etc.
    I hate modern gaming....

Wildstar was pretty awesome actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavan View Post
    3) Attunement system took way too long
    4) Raid bosses are all, and I mean all, a combination between some sort of gear and skill check
    Sounds like vanilla to me

Exactly

I remember playing it for one month.

Managed to get to max level but the game kept you in high alert. After 15 minutes of Wildstar I felt like after playing 4 hours of WoW.

Though I enjoyed it, I didn't feel attached to it, and that coupled with a busier work schedule meant I couldn't play it anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like vanilla to me
    Vanilla had an easy attunment for everything but Ony, usually one or two quests and complete a 5 man at the most. AQ40, ZG, and AQ20 had no attunments, you could just walk in.
    There were gimmie raid bosses in every zone, ones that gear was irrelevant and that skill was light on. Wildstar doesn't have that.
    Once we gathered friends together, drank a ton of Mountain Dew and beer, and role played with paper, pencils, and books.
    Now I log onto MMOs with the same people and we only talk about how hard we PWNed that: Noob, boss, etc.
    I hate modern gaming....

i wanted to play wildstar

they had some of the shittiest servers ive ever seen,

and i was there for swtor launch

so RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Gavan View Post
    Vanilla had an easy attunment for everything but Ony, usually one or two quests and complete a 5 man at the most. AQ40, ZG, and AQ20 had no attunments, you could just walk in.
    There were gimmie raid bosses in every zone, ones that gear was irrelevant and that skill was light on. Wildstar doesn't have that.
    Wildstar was meant for the hardcore of the hardcore tho, only top tier skilled people. No casual BS here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wildstar was meant for the hardcore of the hardcore tho, only top tier skilled people. No casual BS here.
    Exactly, Classic WoW wasn't what we think of as hardcore, then or now.

There isn't a large enough population of Hard Hard Hardcore people out here to fill an MMO.

The other thing killing Wildstar at the moment is their FtP model. It actually punished people that had subs at the start, that's when a lot of us left.

The game is the result of mostly; a poor progression model due to the casual content skill caps and extreme attunement, extremely problematic server infrastructure, bad overall business model, and horrible customer service. The FtP problems and content update issues just kind of finished it off 6 months ago.
    I hate modern gaming....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    This, not even close...

Also, a lot of people enjoy WoW because of the fantasy setting, Wildstar really, really isn't that... I personally don't like any futuristic type MMOs, and I like quite a few fantasy MMOs... so I think that had something to do with it, if only a little.

Also WoW had a large, established, well known and loved universe and lore attached to it, and that helpes A LOT... Wildstar had exactly none of that.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    This, not even close...

Also, a lot of people enjoy WoW because of the fantasy setting, Wildstar really, really isn't that... I personally don't like any futuristic type MMOs, and I like quite a few fantasy MMOs... so I think that had something to do with it, if only a little.

Also WoW had a large, established, well known and loved universe and lore attached to it, and that helpes A LOT... Wildstar had exactly none of that.

I share 100% the same opinion. Im not interested in sci-fi/adavanced techno/futuristic stuff, so while it might have some similiar features to vanilla it ISNT vanilla.

Lore is also something a lot of people cling on in WoW.

First, Wildstar is not Vanilla WoW.

Secondly, not everyone is interested in the "Vanilla-Experience". That's why the people interested in it ask for "Legacy Servers" to come to existence and not to Retail WoW to lose all their accessibility and QoL features in order to bring the "Vanilla-Experience" to everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game vs Game threads and pointless bashing threads like this aren't allowed. If you want to discuss classic, there is a thread for it. If you want to discuss Wildstar, we have a thread for that, too.