Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    You do not finish leveling within two zones, it is currently tuned to roughly 2.5 levels per zone, which is exactly what it should be to get to 110 before Suramar, which is endgame content.

It is very linear, but that's a good thing, as Legion is more heavily focused on lore and story than ever before. Whether you think that's good or bad is up to you. I personally love it.

World quests are not at all apexis quests, they award gear, mounts, pets, they vary between crafting, pvp, solo pve, group pve, from "fill the bar" to innovative and fun quests like stealthing around stealing stuff, mining, etc. They are most accurately comparable to the Bounty system from Diablo3.
    It is 2.5 levels if you are a new player. Experienced players can reach cap within 2 zones.

Leveling being linear can't be hidden by lore or story given how short the leveling is and with only four leveling zones in total. You spend more time traveling around doing world quests than filling the bars of world quests. The entire system is broken in terms of time/rewards/fun factor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krusified View Post

WoD lvling we all have to agree was great
    We don't, we really don't, I fucking hated it... It was ok the first time through but only because it was something I hadn't seen before, the rest were awful, and that is how I have felt leveling through Cata and MoP as well... I haven't enjoyed leveling since Cata dropped.

And no, it's not because I'm burnt out, I recently leveled 1-60 on a private server (you know the one) and thoroughly enjoyed it, despite having leveled through the pre-cataclysm Azeroth at least 20 times before it was changed, and yet I can't stand leveling in the post cataclysm Azeroth despite having only done it once.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-05-15 at 03:34 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I am impressed as well with what I've played other than the really annoying phasing bug which Blizzard has already says is a top priority to fix. The zones look great, the questing and lore with each zone has been great and actually made me want to keep playing to see what happens. Granted I've only done Azsuna and Stormheim thus far, phasing issues are preventing me from seeing the other two zones. I actually like the artifact weapon even though at the end of the day it's basically a talent tree that requires points to fill out - which is imo a good thing to have some kind of alternate progression other than just levels and gear. The new animations at least for my fury warrior breathe a breath of fresh air into the look of combat (love the WW animation). I like the class order hall for warriors just wish there was some other warriors besides Vrykuls and PCs in there. The mission table hasn't actually bothered me at all yet despite people ranting an raving about how its going to ruin the expansion.

I've run a few dungeons that have been good so far, interested to see how the mythic dungeons and mythic + work but I'm not max level yet to test that. World quests "look" cool but they need to have some worthwhile rewards to be worth doing in the long haul and I'm not sure what Blizzards plan for that is just yet. If the max level content delivers which would be mythic dungeons, raids, potentially world quests, and pvp then I'd say this expansion has the makings of being a very solid expansion. Whether it surpasses Wrath for me remains to be seen but I think the potential is there. I just hope Blizzard supports it with enough content patches and end game content.

Also hoping Blizzard keeps the WoD weekly quest stuff with timewalking dungeons, pvp events, and the like. Those were a good way to add in some extra stuff to do throughout the week which I think most people are forgetting about.
    Last edited by lanesia24; 2016-05-15 at 03:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    It is 2.5 levels if you are a new player. Experienced players can reach cap within 2 zones.

Leveling being linear can't be hidden by lore or story given how short the leveling is and with only four leveling zones in total. You spend more time traveling around doing world quests than filling the bars of world quests. The entire system is broken in terms of time/rewards/fun factor.
    No, you cannot gain more exp than doing everything available, unless you abuse exp pots and are fully rested, in that case you might reach 108 or so in 2 full zones.
    Experience has nothing to do with it, there is only so much exp available per zone with all activities.

Why would you want to "hide" leveling being linear? It's fully intentional. If you don't like that style, you've been playing the wrong game for approximately 10 years or so.

World quests certainly involve a lot of traveling right now, but I would say that is a good thing. If you instantly hop from objective to objective or fly, you would gear up and grind through the process way, way too fast. This way, the world feels large again, traveling actually has some meaning to it. Part of that immersion people have demanding so strongly.

Besides, world quests are not mandatory. They are there if you want to. You can gear up just as well through dungeons and the usual paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    We don't, we really don't, I fucking hated it.
    Well, it was fun the first time, but repeating it... um... isn't kind to the experience, when you did it once or twice you know the story and it indeed does become tiresome.

Legion leveling is very linear.

You complete full leveling to max level within two zones.

World quests are Apexis quests that are really short and pointless.
    Nice joke m8. At the moment in beta you get pretty much on dot 2.5 levels per zone. And World quests are far more interesting than Apexis. You actually get meaningful rewards, rather than a currency whose only point was to advance us in the Legendary ring quest, after that it became useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the OP is full of crap as legion sucks it'll be wod 2.0 and there will be 1m subs at launch and then the game will be closed in a month /thread

/s

It's refreshing to see a thread about positive things, which I also agree with, than the usual wow doomsayers trying to doomsay.

Right, cus the time spent filling bars was so fun? World quests are literally daily quests, which we had back in WOTLK with no complaint. Except now they reward more than just gold...
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Right, cus the time spent filling bars was so fun? World quests are literally daily quests, which we had back in WOTLK with no complaint. Except now they reward more than just gold...
    You mean a well thought out badge system in WotLK which does not exist currently in Legoin which is about RNG drops? Good call.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    There was nothing wrong with them. BRF was one of the best raids ever.
    Did you even try them?

WoD had a lot of issues but raiding was not one of them.
    Can you elaborate? I've heard this parroted on here a few times before. I don't disagree that the raiding was solid for WoD, but nothing in particular left me with a lasting impression like Karazhan, BT, Ulduar, or ToT did. And certainly not BRF.

BRF was orcs, orcs, and here another side of orcs. I get what the facility was, but it made for a pretty mundane experience. The Hans and Franz encounter was pretty unique and the train boss was interesting. But the setting for the raid itself just felt like Siege 2.0. I'm very burned out of the fire/forge/stone red and brown theme. Gimme some different color pallets, anything.

Not meaning to pick on you in particular. Just wondering if you could back that claim up with some objective points cause that's a pretty strong statement: "one of the best raids ever." For me, that couldn't be further from the truth.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've only started doing quests in Stormheim, but I wanted to stop playing the Mage I rolled so I can wait till we can copy characters. Tried to do Highmountain with my DH but phasing, so took a break. My thoughts so far...

It is visually stunning, but being as objective as I can, almost every expac felt that way; they have always made some graphic improvements with each expansion. I was very impressed with Mardum, taking the time to enjoy the environment. The DH starter area didn't have the gravitas, if that can apply here, that the DK start up had. The DH as a class...I'll reserve judgment until max level, but at level 100, you really only have a few abilities.

I am the curious explorer/achiever/completionist type, so starting content can hold me for a while. I'll get excited about Legion when I feel a sense of urgency to complete something before the first content patch, and then a second. If I have nothing but raids after 2-3 weeks, which was essentially what happened in WoD, I will not be feeling that great. Here's hoping though ������
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    Can you elaborate? I've heard this parroted on here a few times before. I don't disagree that the raiding was solid for WoD, but nothing in particular left me with a lasting impression like Karazhan, BT, Ulduar, or ToT did. And certainly not BRF.

BRF was orcs, orcs, and here another side of orcs. I get what the facility was, but it made for a pretty mundane experience. The Hans and Franz encounter was pretty unique and the train boss was interesting. But the setting for the raid itself just felt like Siege 2.0. I'm very burned out of the fire/forge/stone red and brown theme. Gimme some different color pallets, anything.

Not meaning to pick on you in particular. Just wondering if you could back that claim up with some objective points cause that's a pretty strong statement: "one of the best raids ever." For me, that couldn't be further from the truth.
    I'm also extremely tired of Orcs, Orcs, Orcs...but just in terms of overall quality, WoD raids were excellent. Raiding is probably the one aspect of WoW that has continually improved each expansion, whether one liked the lore setting or not.

You mean a well thought out badge system in WotLK which does not exist currently in Legoin which is about RNG drops? Good call.
    Badges didn't come from daily quests. They came from heroics and raids.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

If only I had a beta invite to see it for myself. But from what I've seen so far watching others and looking at pics, I've yet to be dissapointed. This expansion shapes up to be the best after WotLK, Cata and WoD are both bad while MoP is medicore and just doesn't feel like Warcraft to me. I don't think Legion will be as good or even better as TBC and WotLK, but at this point I'll be glad to just have a solid expansion to play after all the previous shit.

I do fear that while Legion might look good as of yet, that after a month of playing its suddenly turning into another WoD with a lack of meaningful content to do outside of raiding. Legion doesn't look like its going to add a lot of new features, which is somewhat worrying. And I'm not liking the looks of dumping down the game further with yet another ability prune and more linear questing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think, as far as questing goes, a mix of railed quests and optional stuff works best, and despite the criticism, this was something WoD got right, at least in terms of structure. I like the idea of completing an objective, but I also want to find an item or get a drop that starts a small chain of no great consequence, but still adds fun. The random elites and mini bosses help with this as well, and I've already seen a few right out of the gate.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    I think, as far as questing goes, a mix of railed quests and optional stuff works best, and despite the criticism, this was something WoD got right, at least in terms of structure. I like the idea of completing an objective, but I also want to find an item or get a drop that starts a small chain of no great consequence, but still adds fun. The random elites and mini bosses help with this as well, and I've already seen a few right out of the gate.
    It did get that right, and Legion further improved on that concept. It feels less like a theme park and more like a great experience on rails with the occasional fun activity on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Badges didn't come from daily quests. They came from heroics and raids.
    Dailies was still part of the progression in WotLK that was reasonable. Legion progression with world quests is as meaningful as a fart and that is why the pigenholed order halls resources gating relic and legendary slots. Or else no one would bother doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusified View Post
    Firstly i'd like to say that this was the last chance i gave Blizzard to "Make WoW great again" and they've accomplished this time i'm sure of, i've played during both alpha and now beta. Beta has been smooth so far except from the constant phase bug, but i'm fine with it, its beta afterall.

Now to the point, so far i've come to the conclusion.

Levling

WoD lvling we all have to agree was great, only thing that was great togheter with raids. Now legion questing is so entertaining and detailed, actually you will have a couple of laughs every now and then, especially in Azuna.

Graphics

I must really say they've put both feelings and time into this, kudos to the whole art team! Stormheim is my new favorite.

Dungeons

Epic experience and with the new system that dungeons gets harder and harder for better rewards it now feels like you get more rewarded for being higher skilled. Graphic wise and mechanics they have been innovative.

Raids

haven't touched them yet, but if they've taken WoD raids into their mindset i'm sure they will be great.

PvP

I'm finally completed, PvP with little to no advantage when it comes to gear. Something that has been truely missed! and the honor system makes you feel like you have to keep on going for that precious icon next to your nameplate. However i'd like to see some new BGs (which they've confirmed won't come .

Classes

Tuning has been great, some rough egdes but you need to keep in mind, pure dps class is pure dps (they will always be on top).

Just wanted to give some positive feedback, cya in Legion!
    1) Leveling in WoD was good'ish for the first time, though the enjoyment was hurt by a stupid maze design in some areas and the replay value of leveling content was horrible. So they only can do better at Legion.
    I do think scaling content is cool.

2) Graphics team has always been good, they do not fail at Legion either.

3) Bit mixed feelings on this, I do like, that dungeons will stay relevant, but ain't too happy with the "Diablo"-model. Though I have always enjoyed a challenge at 5-mans, if I play Legion, might actually enjoy this.

4) WoD had one good raid, BRF, one that was a bit bellow medicore HFC and HM was kinda "meh", Imperator Mar'gok was a cool fight there though. I am quite confident, that the PvE-team will continue to make good fights, but (Continuing at last section)

5) Having fixed stats at PvP is a good thing, but thats kinda the only good thing. Removal of so many situational skills will lead into boring and annoying gameplay, you tunnel your normal skill prio and hope that someone will die.
    With no cooldowns there will be little to no depth in PvP.

6) Classes in general will feel empty and shallow to ppl who have played for a long time, them removing a lot of skills, making the base skill prio on all classes very simple is not a good direction. Blizzard seems to be obsessed, that a player should be able to play his character at skill cap with minimal time spent on research. This will remove the feeling, that you are getting better and better with your toon. Thus it is removing the feeling of accomplisment, like some tanking classes (paladin for example) have their AM fixed to base roation i.e you cannot play them incorrectly, AM in general being weak, so actually it does not matter if AM your heart out, you still are being whacked to bat guano.
    DPS classes having too simple skill prio, I am wondering should I get an alarm clock next to me, so it will wake me up everytime I need to targer swap or move.

In general, yes, the world is beautiful and cool. Yes the new animations are cool. And there will be a lot of suff to do.
    But the tool you are going to enjoy this content (your toon) will be extremely boring and shallow to play and that worries me.
    Last edited by Dezminion; 2016-05-15 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    I disagree. In alpha it was impossible to test BG , as everyone queued for arena. Since the beta pvp server went live I have been playing BG almost non stop. No matter what class I played I felt OP, except when fighting against DH. That is how it should be - skills matters ! I feels pretty equal but still tuning to do it is like everyone got *the best pvp gear* like in the end of a season. It removes the annoying part of joining a random bg- people who joins in pve gear and get instant killed. I like how it is going more towards skills than gear.
    All I can say is I enjoy pvp even more with Legion. Been leveling a few toons in alpha as well, and I really enjoyed the new zones and dungeons / dungeon system.
    The *new and shiny* effect has worn off, but it is still a amazing x-Pac (at least for me) .. Can't wait for it to go live

there is nothing skill full about pve spamming and 100-0 someone through d cds.

Dailies was still part of the progression in WotLK that was reasonable. Legion progression with world quests is as meaningful as a fart and that is why the pigenholed order halls resources gating relic and legendary slots. Or else no one would bother doing them.
    Please explain how doing the same 5 dailies for a bit of gold and rep was a better system than world quests, which in addition to AP, order resources, crafting mats, and scaling gear, also reward gold and rep while having a larger pool of quests to draw from.