Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    So, the full extent of the "hate crime" is some douche grabbing her scarf for a moment and her putting it back on while saying mean things? Shit, the average person deals with about as much indignity going through TSA security as this "hate crime".

This is the land of freedom, so wear what I tell you!

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Religion and gender threads are not allowed.
    Why don't you let the mods police that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

U.s.a. U.s.a. U.s.a.

whoever put the automatic decapitalization rule in here is a retard ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Please stop derailing my thread. Reporting you.

This thread went on for 13 pages and was clearly about religion, as do many others.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...m-themed-event
    Tone it down, kid.

It's still guilt by religious association. They were born to a family that practiced Judaism. "Jew" is not an ethnicity, anymore than "Christian" is it's own ethnicity.
    "Jew" refers to either the religion or the ethnicity.

This would be a lot easier if the two had different names, but they don't. Judaism is the traditional religion of most of the Jewish people.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Yeah but you can be a Christian or a Muslim just by declaring/changing your faith, but you can't be Jewish if you don't have ancestors/distant family members that were Jewish.
    Jews can leave the religion, and a non-ethnic Jew can convert to it.

There is a Jewish religion and a Jewish ethnicity, this is very confusing to people. They often coincide but not always.

Also there's a wide range of interpretations of Judaism of varying levels of religiosity. Like Reform Judaism that de-emphasises the religious aspects in favour of celebrating its cultural heritage and morals, all the way to secular and humanistic Judaism that outright doesn't believe in God or a literal interpretation of the Torah/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    It's not dishonest at all, it's just that most jews do share a particular lineage, "Ashkenazim" might be a more accurate word though.
    In the 11th century the Ashkenazi Jews represented only 3% of the world's Jewish population. Today it's about 75%. There are many other groups in the diaspora.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashkenazi_Jews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Then uh... What do you can someone who's converted to Judaism? A, uh... a *Insert-country-here*-Jew? Not all Polish-Jews have lineages linking back to the original Abrhamic tribes... But they're still Jewish.
    You can't be Jew by your choice, you need to be born as one or to have ancestors who were Jews. That's how I understood it. Its not same as changing the religion....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    You can't be Jew by your choice, you need to be born as one or to have ancestors who were Jews. That's how I understood it. Its not same as changing the religion....
    I think you may have understood it wrong then. 'Jewish' is linked to the religion. Someone of Israeli descent, but who's family hasn't practiced Judaism for many many many generations isn't a 'Jew' anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what is the problem? I do agree they shouldn't be allowed. They should adept to the religion they live in and not other way around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Depends on the state and drunk drivers who have been arrested often are borderline drunk where some other people on the road are far more dangerous such as the elderly and those who are massively sleep deprived. In Virginia, first offense is a 1 year jail sentence, but the judge can suspend the whole sentence where 2nd offense you have to do at least 20 days in jail.

- - - Updated - - -

So I guess the "knockout game" was a hate crime because it targeted whites and asians. Oh wait those on the victim pyramid can't be charged with hate crimes, it's just the man oppressing them that forced them to commit a crime.
    What about the plethora of black victims who didn't make the news? Oh wait right because it was essentially just media hysteria that created the "knockout" game, it was never actually a thing, just how "wilding" was never a thing and the black guys arrested for that rape weren't "wilding" and didn't even commit the crime, instead it was nothing but media hype.

Oh wait police departments across the nation also mentioned they saw no changes in assault numbers and cautioned against accepting medias portrayal

Anyone who brings up the so called "knock out game" sounds like nothing but an idiot to me.

random assaults have been going on forever, but if the media says it's a game it must be true

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    So what is the problem? I do agree they shouldn't be allowed. They should adept to the religion they live in and not other way around.
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...mendment_1.jpg

Or should we force you under Sharia Law and execute you for refusing to agree? Maybe go back to Puritan times?
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Are you a moderator? Please post constructively and stop backseat moderating.
    And even if he was or not he's just looking out for your own well being. Its you who needs to chill.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the thread's been derailed into religious and race discussion, away from the actual topic, I'm locking this here.