View Poll Results: Who will be your main in legion!

Voters
742. This poll is closed
  • Demon hunter

134 18.06%
  • Death night

67 9.03%
  • Druid

66 8.89%
  • Hunter

57 7.68%
  • Mage

51 6.87%
  • Monk

26 3.50%
  • Paladin

59 7.95%
  • Priest

63 8.49%
  • Rogue

40 5.39%
  • Shaman

56 7.55%
  • Warlock

61 8.22%
  • Warrior

62 8.36%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I don't know yet. I haven't tried any of them (Thanks, Blizzard )

Probably a caster tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted for Warrior - tentatively. I've been maining Warrior since 2006, but I have to admit that I haven't really like the way that the class played this expansion.

I have two other 100s, a Mage and a Rogue. The Mage I do not really enjoy at all, the Rogue on the other hand is a ton of fun to me. Depending on how the classes play out in Legion, it just might be my new main. I haven't bothered keeping up with class changes in beta because I know there's a lot that can change between now and release.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    Does it really count as a "ball picking game" when you have a spell with no cooldown that pulls in all Healing Spheres within 30 yards? You don't even have to move to pick them up anymore, so...
    Doesn't change the fact that I think they are pruning the wrong things. I would see the balls go away, elusive brew go away and give monks different active mitigation (who ever in this game liked dodge as mitigation anyway?), or if you insist putting 1 tank into avoidance niche why not demon hunters, they're the most mobile and agile of leather classes supposedly?

Would rather see things like breath of fire go away (dizzying haze I think they're removing already), but keep guard (just scale it less), keep old expel harm, keep chi explosion in some form, keep clash (they removed in wod). Would not mid losing paralyze for example, cc can stay on dps and healers.

Anyway losing guard, having purify nerfed to 50% stagger AND not spammable because on long recharge 3-charge system AND sharing cd with another brew that you want to use, that is just too much. One or the other would maybe be fine, like that I'm not surprised people on beta called them mana sponges. Wish I had beta to check myself, but alas, I don't.

From the previews of tanks I was most inclined to stick to paladin or try warrior, but atm general consensus is warriors are rage starved and not worth it, so I'm gonna stick to my paladin I played since icc until early mop.

At least I'm glad my guild got a tank spot open so I could switch, had to play huntard before and from what I saw, hunter playerbase is crying they're ruined on beta, so glad I don't have to play that one either. Not sure what's wrong with hunter but there was a whole thread on hunter forums how they're rerolling so...

I want to heal again and mainly thinking about priest but its harder to find a guild as a healer. For DPS I'm looking at WindWalker and Ele but I know how those two classes usually play out..
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I want to heal again and mainly thinking about priest but its harder to find a guild as a healer. For DPS I'm looking at WindWalker and Ele but I know how those two classes usually play out..
    Weird, this expansion I saw guilds recruit healers while rarely anyone wanted windwalker or ele... The only problem was "we want exactly 1 disc 1 holy pala then mistweaver and maybe something else", rework of disc hopefully will fix the balance of healer teams in a way we'll stop having to need exactly 1 disc and then something else...

But I think judging from recruitment posts it was way easier to be recruited as healer monk, shaman or druid than any other class or spec except the exteremly coveted ranged classes, like mage. For example hunter while being a ranged dps, often suffered from the effect of "easy class everyone's playing them" so many guilds were saturated with hunters, hard to find spots. Ele / spriest weren't recruited because of bad numbers, only late hfc guilds realized spriest with archi trinket can be good dps numbers so worth recruiting. Melee... well forget about majority of them, either you played rogue, or grip bot (aka DK) or gl finding a spot. Many guilds were saturated with dps warriors and paladins and reluctant to take more. Enha or feral was fine, but why take them when you can take another rogue?

So who exactly has it easier than a healer to find a guild?

Atm mage. Rogue, warlock, boomkin have comparable chances. Everyone else has it harder.

You like a healer, play healer. Be good at it and you'll find a spot, so many guilds have full healer teams but half of those are being carried so if a good healer challenged their spot he'd squeeze in. Only during hfc I was in 3 mythic guilds and each of them had a healer that wasn't a good player but he was kept around because of too few healers or because he played a coveted class like a shaman or mistweaver.

You shouldn't give up on wanting to heal because it's easier to find a raiding guild as a mage... This world needs good healers.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2016-05-15 at 02:01 PM.

I'm leaning towards Demon Hunters, since the whole reason I decided to main a Rogue in TBC was because they could look the most like Demon Hunters when Black Temple was released, but I'm actually hearing that Outlaw Rogues are super fun, now, so I'm sure I'll at least give them a try.

Considering I'm already trying to double jump on Live out of sheer habit though, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    1. Brewmaster was a cool idea based on stagger but they decided it was op so basically nerfed stagger out of the toolkit, now it's just got guard, boring spec.
    2. Mistweavers never really found a niche, what they bring is very similar to resto druid and shammy with a more complicated playstyle based on uplift. It can work well at max level but there are a lot of situations where the complexity works against you (like playing with bad players where you can't predict the damage ahead of time). Again, meh.
    3. Windwalker: most people who play melee like playing badass aggressive classes, not a silly monk bouncing around. A warrior, rogue, feral - those are far more appealing to the typical melee player than monk.
    1. Yep, if they want to remove guard then fine, but don't nerf purify on top of it and don't make it tied to ironskin brew. I'd rather see purify for 100% with separate charges than ironskin, elusive brew gone (ironskin filling the gap), purify without serenity won't be as op anyway, would be something to actually manage.

Mechanics like serenity and to lesser extent chi brew is what made Blizzard shun away from making shuffle into active mitigation, cuz of too big uptime. Still shuffle suffered same problem as elusive, being tied to parry or dodge. But at least it was something baked into your rotation and not "press this button for active mitigation", I never understood why monk active mitigation was untied from chi while all other tanks had it tied to their class resource like rage, runes or holy power.

2. What I don't understand is why Blizzard is making mistweavers go away from melee healing playstyle (they did half the job in wod, second and definite half in legion), and on the other hand pushing holy pally back to melee playstyle? Wouldn't it be better to design monk to be THE healer to fill this playstyle just rework it so mop problems don't resurface? Since they're reworking nearly every class and spec for legion anyway. I'm indeed worried what will make them stand out against shamans and possibly druids in legion. Because if they end up similar, one of the 3 at least will end up being obsolete and unwanted, depending on tuning.

In the same manner as windwalker monk failed to find it's niche except brief moment of shine on twin ogron.

3. Yes, with rogues being agile & mobile, and demon hunters incoming, being even more agile and mobile, what's exactly the selling point of dps monk? What is their class fantasy except "I punch people"? They're trying to push shaman and paladin dps into some niche of "I bring utility and buffs on top of dps because I'm a hybrid", then what about monk? Survival hunter has more class fantasy being a new reworked spec, because of close bond with the pet (flanking strike etc.)

Other classes have similar issues too, bringing difference between fire mage and destro lock, aff lock and spriest are a tricky task. But monk shares leather agi slot with 3 other melee classes and seems a bit lost in its identity.

Probably warrior, though maybe priest... I've had trouble finding a main since I've re-rolled on a new server.

I'll probably just enjoy the game and play what I want off and on, I don't have the time, or schedule for raiding anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Claws View Post
    WW artifacts are awesome and I see no reason to not use the Panda starting zone as a class hall. I would say it makes sense, but truth is, I've never been there. I've never rolled a Panda before so it's all new to me.
    Well, many people have complained about re-using the old zones for DK and Monks, and you can see why. Especially when you see the effort put into the new classes halls, some of them are drop dead gorgeous.

All I'm saying is, Monk is by far the least played class and has been for a while. You can calculate that in two ways when it comes to designing content for it, either you think that since so few players play it, it makes sense to not put much effort into it since fewer people will notice it, or you can think that it's the class that's supposed to be receiving the most love so that it will attract more players.

And imho the WW artifacts are just bad. I like the other two though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    And imho the WW artifacts are just bad. I like the other two though.
    The Xuen skin is pretty cool, even if the rest suck. Too bad that's the only one that doesn't seem to be implemented yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Weird, this expansion I saw guilds recruit healers while rarely anyone wanted windwalker or ele... The only problem was "we want exactly 1 disc 1 holy pala then mistweaver and maybe something else", rework of disc hopefully will fix the balance of healer teams in a way we'll stop having to need exactly 1 disc and then something else...

But I think judging from recruitment posts it was way easier to be recruited as healer monk, shaman or druid than any other class or spec except the exteremly coveted ranged classes, like mage. For example hunter while being a ranged dps, often suffered from the effect of "easy class everyone's playing them" so many guilds were saturated with hunters, hard to find spots. Ele / spriest weren't recruited because of bad numbers, only late hfc guilds realized spriest with archi trinket can be good dps numbers so worth recruiting. Melee... well forget about majority of them, either you played rogue, or grip bot (aka DK) or gl finding a spot. Many guilds were saturated with dps warriors and paladins and reluctant to take more. Enha or feral was fine, but why take them when you can take another rogue?

So who exactly has it easier than a healer to find a guild?

Atm mage. Rogue, warlock, boomkin have comparable chances. Everyone else has it harder.

You like a healer, play healer. Be good at it and you'll find a spot, so many guilds have full healer teams but half of those are being carried so if a good healer challenged their spot he'd squeeze in. Only during hfc I was in 3 mythic guilds and each of them had a healer that wasn't a good player but he was kept around because of too few healers or because he played a coveted class like a shaman or mistweaver.

You shouldn't give up on wanting to heal because it's easier to find a raiding guild as a mage... This world needs good healers.
    There are 4 spots for healing in guild and 14 spots for dps. Even if you play a sub par class you can find a guild as long as you pull good numbers. No one is recruiting for a WOD roster people are trying to get their Legion roster set and nobody knows which classes will be good.

and also I'm playing a Mage because I started HFC when the tier was already over, no sense in playing a healer when there is no progression. I just picked one of the broken classes to have fun on for now.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Warlock all the way

Deleted
    DH obviously, waiting since W3 for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing BM Hunter since starting in Vanilla.....playing BM hunter in alpha and now beta. Sure they need to tweak a little, but hey I'm sure they realize all the complaining. Other than that I have an ele shaman that was tons of fun in alpha and a demo warlock which I also liked in alpha but haven't touched them in beta.

Bit of a waiting game for me until i get my hands on the beta. But most likely Arcane Mage or Demo Warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    and also I'm playing a Mage because I started HFC when the tier was already over, no sense in playing a healer when there is no progression. I just picked one of the broken classes to have fun on for now.
    Yeah, indeed Mage is THE class to play now since you can set up speed kills on reaver and zakuun with a lot of mages and have a bit of fun. But I really hope no guild plans their legion roster with 17 mages on it.

Past expansions showed us that even if we know from beta which classes "are good" they might get nerfed midway first tier or somewhere along the way. Pure dps classes are a bit safer bet that at least 1 of their specs will end up being good.

atm I like playing fury warrior, destro lock & bm hunter. My main will be which one that gets botched the least on release

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Mage is my undying choice. Even though I despised how arcane became that rng-based with PoF + 4set, it seems veeery interesting! Not to mention fire!

Hunter will get buffed halfway thru the tier like they always do at the start of each xpac. I'm not too worried /sarcasm

Depends. If I'm tanking this go around I'll main DH if I'm just DPS then DK.